Reviews for Liking Luna
SilverMountainHare chapter 1 . 8/16/2017
very nice fic! is this oneshot?
Misa Abadeer chapter 1 . 7/6/2017
Hope you'll update! I loved the begining of this story!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
CONTINUE PLZ!
alixxblack chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
a

No, no, no I won't hate you forever :) One, because you reviewed anonymously and two, because I don't know that I'm actually able to hate people who beat me down for things.

This was a one shot for Draco/Luna. I love the pairing but I often feel like I can't capture Luna in my work the way I think of her and the way the movies/books have ultimately developed her.

I have recreated these characters better in the other pieces I've done involving them. I felt that when Draco younger he was more arrogant so I feel that's why he comes across as formal. I understand how that would make this a little off.

As for Luna, since we had nothing much to build on for Luna in the fourth year it was really just a guess as to how I imagined she ended up being called Loony. And I speak rather formally (not too unlike the way Luna does in here) which immediately put me aside from the rest of students. I thought of this as one of the defining reasons why she is alienated from most of her peers. But I also felt shortly after I published it that it wasn't a good (or even justifiable) depiction.

I am very thankful for you criticism, it really helped. As did another below reviewer who said Luna was oblivious enough. I definitely can build from what you've said and put it in application when I write future pieces. I am glad you too the time to not only to read this but help me grow as a writer. It means more than you know ;)
a chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
This is a nice idea, and I like where you're going with it. Still, Draco seems a bit too stuck up, and his confidence seems a little exaggerated. For example, when you wrote: Even a seventh year couldn't defeat him in charm and appeal.

It has lots of potential, but maybe you could go back and revise that a little. He feels slightly fake, especially when you wrote: She easily scooted aside as he glared at her, preparing his lashing for her misbehavior and terrible disrespect towards him. It also feels a bit too formal.

I also can't see Draco scolding laughing girls, or "challenge the boys who didn't know better than to even say his name aloud." That sentence confused me a little, too.

I agree with the statement that his cronies make him feel powerful, but saying: made him seem so incredibly important in comparison to the other students...is a bit of an exaggeration, I feel.

I think Luna would have called him by his first name, too, and I feel like the "Do forgive me" and "Do beg my pardon" are too formal. The bit about the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks was clever, though, and it was a nice touch.

PLEASE don't take this as a flame, because it's not. It's just my pathetic attempt at constructive criticism. Don't take it harshly, these are just suggestions. It's a great fic. Don't hate me forever and ever and ever, please! :D Hopefully I'm not being too harsh.

Maybe you want Draco to be a little extra stuck-up for your plot. If you do, it's ALL PERFECTLY FINE! You don't have to change anything.
silvermoony77 chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I died when I was reading the part about real men not sparkling. OMG, it was hilarious! I like how you portrayed Draco. The arrogance was there and really amusing to read, but at the end he starts to turn around. It was a small change so it was realistic. Great job! :)
uhlikins chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Aw I like the idea. Maybe if it were a little longer and Luna alittle more oblivious even though she is aware of her surroundings.