Reviews for One for Sorrow
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 9 . 7/23/2013
At the start, I was all, "What, what, what?". And then I got all flustered and my face started doing something odd - like some muscles started pulling at my lips and I think I may have actually smiled like a lunatic because you wrote my OTP.

"The temperature of the room rises from all the blushing and giggling, and that's just him."
Oh my goodness. Can you not? It's half past six in the morning (I look genuinely mental now) and my giggling is not appreciated by the people I share my house with, I'm sure.

"The twenty odd years I've known him for count for nothing because he hasn't told me outright that he likes you like the seven year old girls we are."
Perfection. Absolute perfection. I love the way you write post-Azkaban Sirius. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time I've read even a little of him since "Glimpses" and I love how he's a little jaded, but still very much the Sirius we all know and love.
One more thing while I'm on the subject, I LOVE how when he's written like this, when they're both written like this, it's so easy to see why his relationship with Lupin could be repaired so quickly. They just slot together.

O.K. fangirling over. Moving on.

"A loud clapping noise..."
I didn't even have to get to the end of that sentence before the image alone got me.

"Don't fall and break your neck skipping away, Padfoot,"
See earlier paragraph for fangirling fit. It really is difficult to find that bromance written like this so when I stumble on it, you'll have to forgive me squeals of delight.

Thoroughly Nymphadorable. If you can't tell, I loved it. This may even have nudged chapter four out of the running for my favourite.
Kazo Sakamari chapter 8 . 7/21/2013
This is so fucking sad!
God...why did I just read that...it's soooo sad!

But...it was also lovely, what do you mean it's not good?!
It was great, Sirius was perfectly done. Sharp and aristocratic, full of guilt and...as I have always believed Sirius to be, slightly suicidal after all the shit that went down.

Thank you so much for updating so promptly!
It made me very happy to see this!
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 8 . 7/21/2013
My, my. This WAS quick.
The fact that this is my second review in twenty-four hours screams "stalker", but hey, I'm sure worse has been said.

Moving swiftly on...

Yeah, you know I love it. This scene and almost anything immediately surrounding Sirius' arrest fascinates me and it's one of my favourite topics when reading fan fiction.

I love how you write Ted and Andromeda - I've said it right from the beginning. Their family is utterly perfect in an imperfect and bizarre sort of way.

"Come on, Dora, I want a Ninety-Nine."
My heart smashed into a thousand pieces.

"Nothing, sweetheart," she says, sniffing and forcing a smile as she wipes her eyes hastily. "You look lovely"
And this relationship is oddly beautiful. For someone who's never had this kind of relationship, it must be difficult to know what to say or how to behave and the fact that she manages to put a brave face on it and "Mum up" is both telling and heart-wrenching.

Sirius' reactions...
STOP feeding my headcanon. It has to lie down to do up its jeans right now.

Absolutely fantastic and portraying such a vivid range of emotion.
Kazo Sakamari chapter 7 . 7/20/2013
I LOVE THIS!
Thank you so much for updating again, I also share your fascination with the Black family, the Marauders and Sirius in particular...which is why I read all your stuff pretty much.
So yeah, thanks for updating!
Narcissa was lovely in this, poor Regulus, getting teased.
Shame Sirius wasn't in this and didn't get a chance to do anything about it.
Often I think people write Sirius as far too rash, and Gryffindor like. Which of course, he is. But he was also raised a Black and I think ideas about stuff like what Narcissa is suggesting would also spring to his mind often when he comes into situations like this one...he does have quite a bit of Slytherin in him also. People often forget that, which I really think they shouldn't because it makes his character so much more real and tangible.
Great chapter! Thanks for updating!
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 7 . 7/20/2013
Well, well, this was quite the surprise in my inbox.

This really suits what we know about Narcissa. There's still that almost motherly instinct and desire to protect her own, and I like that. Her dialogue was exceptional.
Is this Dyslexia? If so, I absolutely love that you've given it to him. It slots in nicely with my headcanons and I think it gives him a reason to be so desperate to live up to his name.

Anyway, it was hugely enjoyable, as always.
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 6 . 2/23/2013
"as must be his heart after he stole her inheritance."
There's so much of the Bellatrix she grows up to be here. She's nine years old and she's already displaying that insanity. Can I be weird and get all "You are so damn clever" on you?

"coming home with grazed knees and mud splattered up the legs of tatty Muggle jeans."
Yes, yes, and thrice, yes! It's something I never even thought about, but it fits so well.

I'm also a fan of the relationship you give them. It makes sense that she'd take it upon herself to teach him how to stand like a Black. And, of course, you go on to explain that she's sort of charged with it. I like that. I think it adds that little something to her hatred of him. It's not just jealousy, insanity, and bigotry. It's that he's so ungrateful. Yes! OK, this is getting like an English literature essay. Sorry.

"Bella was most inclined to say yes; was he having a laugh? Of course she'd take it!"
HAHA!

Ooh, I like that you imagine his mother calling him "boy" too. I love it when you feed my head-canon.

"high society fuckwit"
I tell you this every time you write him, I think, but God, he's perfect.

FABULOUS last line!

"I went to the Warner Bros studios last week"
Insanely jealous. Which seems to be in-keeping with the theme of this chapter.

Candy
me llamo Sig chapter 5 . 2/20/2013
AWWWWWW POOOOR SIRRY AND REGGIE.
I do enjoy Walburga and Druella having a "nice" little chat and totally not competing with each other
WRITE ME MOAAAR 3
te quieerooooo guapetona!
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 5 . 2/19/2013
So the fact that this hasn't been up an hour and I look like a creepy stalker aside, I enjoyed it.

"Will you please not run in the house, boys?"
There was something so heartbreakingly normal about this. I've never really thought much about the life Sirius must have led before he became a hellion to his mother, but I like this. I REALLY like this.

"Oh, do be quiet, Druella, the sound of your voice is making me positively ill."
HA! I love how you've not softened her. And I especially love, love, love how much of Sirius there is in this comment.

"Oh, gold? How delightful."
After she's just turned on her sons like that, there's something wonderfully creepy about this. I mean, that's how a true psychopath acts, isn't it? The mask slips and is carefully re-positioned. Wow.

I also like that there are a couple of house elves, but Kreacher acts as a sort of butler. I'd never thought about them having house elves as staff, but it really works.

Anyway, don't apologise. I thought it was fantastic.
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 4 . 7/8/2012
So I know it's been a while, but you HAVE to update this!

"There were four boys in Sirius's family."
You know, this line said so little but also so much. I knew immediately who you were referring to here and it made my heart absolutely ache for him.

The fourth paragraph was absolutely beautiful. I love the series of circumstances that make him who he is.

"James got ridiculously stressy when he was awoken too early – what was the difference between that and lycanthropy really?"
So wrong and at the same time, so right. It's really hard to explain, but I adored that line. Just adored it.

"He had three brothers, and he had never realised it"
Again, wonderful.

Tragic last line, by the way.

You HAVE to continue with this, you hear me? I don't know what I can possibly threaten you with, but I'll find something in the name of such a good cause :P
Possibly my favourite chapter thus far, but Andromeda and Ted are tough competition.
Candy
keep my issues drawn chapter 4 . 10/16/2011
I love this, great work!
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I love this, it sent chills down my spine at the end.
PureAwesomeness13 chapter 4 . 7/18/2011
Awwww! That's soooo sweet! At first I didn't get he was talking about the Marauders, but then I was like, "oh!" I think that one was so sweet! Definitly a fave. Please update soon! :DD
PureAwesomeness13 chapter 3 . 7/2/2011
Great stories! I'm interested in the Blacks too. Please update soon! :D
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 3 . 6/5/2011

Your disclaimer gave me a giggle, by the way.

Now, onto the actual chapter.

"Druella's jaw had always been too square for his liking, and he despised the way her hair hung limp"

I don't know why, but there was something about this line that just made me love it. I think it was the almost casual tone of it with the strong emotive 'despised'. It's just so...well, Black.

"oozed mudblood"

I love the way you capture the tone of the character as though they're narrating the chapter. I think it's fantastic.

Your last line was very touching too. Very well done.
Rainbow Dust chapter 3 . 5/31/2011
Insert line here

sorry but that cracked me up!

I lurve it!

its so.. filled with emotion!

You sooo need to continue (but dont forget my other fav fanfiction Miss!)

COME HOME NOW!