Reviews for The Last Human
Norkix chapter 16 . 3/15
This was an incredible read. You have a great sense of flow and the dialogue is spot on. A couple of things are pretty funny in hindsight, like PB's being actually eighteen and the cosmic owl having a deep and commanding voice, but given the point in the show at which this was written, everything makes sense and your additions to the lore are wonderful and fit perfectly. The whole "magic leaking back into the world after the war" thing was actually my own personal headcanon for a while and I kind of prefer it to what we got for back story in the end.

I have been hesitant to get into AT fiction for several years because when I first checked it out, there were a lot of things like Finn/Fionna, which just seems egregiously messed up to me, and too many stories focused exclusively on the shipping and not enough on the fantasy DnD aspect of the show, sort of the same thing that's been going on with the RWBY fandom since the show's inception.

The pacing especially was brilliantly executed. All of the reveals came at just the right time to keep the plot moving steadily, there was foreshadowing of all the super important stuff, the fluff always felt natural and not forced I there just for the sake of having fluff... I could go on for another two paragraphs on how well constructed the narrative was. It's the kind of writing I wish I could replicate. The only flaw I could point out is that Finn never really did admit to kissing PB, despite the fact that you made it clear he was adamant about owning up.

Overall, just a damn good job and much more than I was expecting from something under "shipping fics" on TV Tropes. I don't know if you're still active here, but I'll probably be checking out more of your work, so you may hear more from me soon. Well done, and keep writing!
PrettyHateMachine00 chapter 16 . 7/21/2017
That was AMAZING. I couldn't pull myself from this story for even a minute, the pacing is wonderful and the character development is marvelous. This story just unraveled perfectly. Very well done!
SG chapter 16 . 6/8/2017
Wow, I really loved this. The character archs seem very realistic and I enjoyed the different spin on the human side of the ooo universe.
Kris chapter 16 . 3/6/2017
Well...

That was the best AU Adventure Time FanFic I've ever read. Even after the post Season Three Continuity split, it holds up really well.

Fantastic work, wasn't sure about the First Person Finn POV, but it started to warm on me around the sixth chapter onwards.

Well done on a fantastic piece of work, keep writing!
OzNeck chapter 16 . 12/10/2016
Dude, this thing takes about half an hour to read.

Character development is amazing, especially in the beginning, where Finn is all pissed about Peebles, and the fact that all the events coincide with one another, perfect.

I really thought this would be just about Finn and Marceline getting together.

I was fucking wrong dude.

The two amazing main storylines between Finn's romance with Marcie and Ice Prince's Dark history with Nick and even Marcie really caught me off guard.

I tip my hat to you, sir/madam for making this fine masterpiece.
Subtle Shenanigans chapter 16 . 10/8/2016
Okay, first off, this was really good! I actually don't ship Finn and Marce (I've always seen them as more brother/sister or Morial relationship. I am also undecided if I ship him with Bubble or Fire, leaning more towards Fire princess) but they're not a NOTP for me. I can roll with them; I just don't actively ship them.

I loved how you wrote this; all the various mysteries wrapped up together, from finding the photo album to the Cosmic Owl. There was also many funny (and awkward) moments. I really enjoyed it all. Thank you for all the effort and time you spent writing this.
Lizard C. Queen chapter 16 . 8/21/2016
Simply and without any doubts, this is the best story on this site. Well done for your amazing work and efforts. I really loved it!
Twila Star chapter 16 . 4/22/2016
good job! this was a nice little story to read.
Twila Star chapter 12 . 4/22/2016
oh no!
Twila Star chapter 10 . 4/22/2016
OH MY GOODNESS they're so in love. And I love your story. This is great.
Twila Star chapter 9 . 4/22/2016
0h no, don't go hiding your tender feelings behind huge wall of fake iccceeeee!
Twila Star chapter 5 . 4/21/2016
yay, finnxmarci! I totes ship that, but I ship everything cute, lol.
Twila Star chapter 4 . 4/21/2016
dun dun dun! aaaah! lol
Twila Star chapter 3 . 4/21/2016
wow, I like how everyone is really in character but you made it your own as well. Princess bubblegum being secretive as always, a hidden agenda it seems!
Twila Star chapter 2 . 4/21/2016
This is a totally interesting story, I'm happy I found something good to read!