Reviews for Verisimilitude
Yarouka chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Wow. This was really powerful. I love the way the term tied in with the story. You executed this really well! This was really great, a little heartbreaking, but I loved it! You did an amazing job.

-Savvy
Open Sea chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Story was amazing. Is was heartfelt and had a deep meaning. Beautiful story.
Compelled chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I sit here, and I feel 100% positive that you are a /better/ author than half of those on my bookshelf.
sana-chan9 chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO CRAZY!

i noticed when jose/hayner called him matt i was like "HUUUUUUUUUUWHAAAAAAAAAAATTT?" that was seriously insane, though

gahh.

like,

mind-blowing.

xD
FNCtheThird chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Everything you write completely blows me away, and this is no exception. I LOVE what you have done with this story. You took an old idea, and brought to it something new and inventive, transforming it into something uniquely your own. The concept that you have applied here is brilliant and thought-provoking and gives me a whole new appreciation for the second-life concept. I will never cease to be awed by your exceptional writing skills. I have no doubt that you will continue to do just as brilliantly with every story you write in the future, and I look forward to reading any such materials that you may create.
Keuraki-SoraXRiku chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
I've been searching my inbox like a madman every day for a notice about you putting another of your fics up, and when I woke up today and decided to check my mail, GOD, you do not know how bad I scared my brother when I started shouting to myself.

Like i'm being totally and utterly serious right now.

I'm really fascinated with the idea you present in Verisimilitude. Now - ahem - I admit that i'd never read a Next Life fic before I read Verisimilitude (shoot me now if you so please), but I imagine that this story is very different to your average Next Life fic (or, it's different to what I imagined one would be). Just this - idea of seeing each other but not seeing each other and looking in the mirror and seeing someone completely different to the person your spouse is in love with - it kind of breaks my heart and twists it at the same time.

And I particularly love the image of Axel's hand resting atop Roxas's, because half the time I imagine a pale hand under a pale hand and the other half of the time I imagine delciate brown. Again - it kind of hurts and it kind of makes me feel giddy at the same time. I have no idea what to make of that. NO IDEA.

And now I'm left thinking about what's going to happen in their future together - because obviously they would be together - and what troubles they'd face. What would happen when they got their picture taken together and they both look at it and see two completely different people to what they're seeing? What would happen when the jerks and the homophobes find out that a Latino boy and a Jock are going out together? Heck, what would happen if Axel never found out about Roxas not looking like HIS version of Roxas, to find that Roxas is missing and he's trying to find him and giving out the wrong description of what he looks like? There's no END to this fic. There's no END.

I ALSO really like the way you mention Hayner and Demyx's names in place of their New Life names. It's just once per character, and it does muddle the image a little bit, but it muddles it in a kind of GOOD way and makes you feel all warm at the same time, knowing that they've all found each other again and are spending their lives together. It's real ... nice to know. I only wonder why it is that when they look at each other, they see their New Life faces and not their After Life ones, and why it only happens to Axel and Roxas. It's a riddle to ponder, if nothing else.

OH, i'd also like to mention that I really learn off your fics - EVERYTHING, the taste of liquor and the feeling of being tipsy and what it'd be like to sleep in the same bed as someone else, someone you love, someone you're not related to (my being a minor and all, oh the pain) - but ALSO just the words you use. The WORDS. After reading Boys the word cumbersome stuck to my tongue like it was made out of glue or something as equally adhesive (I think it was the title of the first chapter, I can't be sure, i'd have to check), and now i have a feeling that the word verismilitude is going to make itself comfortable on my word couch, too. I'm highly susceptible to those kinds of things.

Darling, just some last parting words before I leave this to end. I really, REALLY enjoyed reading Verisimilitude - so much so that I couldn't help but read aloud the first few paragraphs before the first page break (and as loud as I wanted to - no one's home at the moment to hear me or what I'm reading, hahahahaagfljfha). You'll be sure to hear from me again, maybe reviewing that one shot you wrote a while back and posted up - the one about Sora and Riku set in Japan (I never did get to reviewing that before, it's such a shame). Anyway, I absolutely adore you, honey, and I can't wait for your next post! I can't WAIT for it!

Stay healthy and keep safe, and don't forget to write, darl! :D

Hugs and kisses and an assortment of dilute stalkerish acts,

Amanda.
yayme2012 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Oh man, this is such a cool idea and you carried it out perfectly.
PyroLyfe13 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Wow, that was expertly written...simply amazing.

I loved that you called Jose Hayner and Damian Demyx I dont know if you did that on purpose or not but it was just...wow.

Sorry nerding out on your writing...anyways. this was just perfect!

Pyro13
Peachvodka chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
I love you girl, I swear I do. The dynamics in your writings are awesome, heartwrenching and utterly lovely. This just made my day, thank you.
batty chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
dude... WHAT... A... MIND FUCK! I had to read it twice to make sure I had my head wrapped around it properly.

-applauds enthusiastically-

You totally rocked this like it was made for you. Amazing. With a side of badass just to be safe XD

Batty
Kioko Yasu chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
God I love your stories. They're always so amazing and out of the box and... Gah! Love them.
Superkawaiifreak chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
This is unique! I must admit, I was initially very skeptical because of all of the "soft kisses" and cliched meeting at a party. I thought it was sign of good prose when you refused to, as the author, name Axel - leaving it for Roxas to decide tied the ending portion of the story together. I'm not sure if I believe in reincarnation, but I do believe in past-life regression, as your story pointed out. You did a superb job - I hope to see more from you in the future.
bonjourmeadow chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Roxas has my last name :D

Also, and most important, this was, is, and will continue to be a most perfect rendition of the afterlives of Axel and Roxas. Brava, my love.
8mylifebelike13 chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Dude, I love you.
SuperAnon chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
You are goddamned fantastic. I mean, there are the regular Kingdom Hearts fanfiction writers, and then there is this insane group of elites who write the most beautiful, heart-rending...

Well, you know. Yadda yadda yadda. Point is, I love you. Let's have 80 kids. And if not, at least give me permission to date one of your stories.
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »