Reviews for Ballbreakers
Fireblazezz chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Noo, poor Matsu xD Poor L, even.

I really really REALLY love these... (nonsense?) one shots, which are displayed simply for amusement. Sometimes, a fic like this, - and the others that you, especially you, write - is better than a multi chapter-adventure/drama/friendship/romance/awesome-story. Really. So, thanks a lot for writing these ;) I wish more people would appreciate them. Or at least read them
Heiwa no Hato chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
One of my favorite drabbles. Maybe it's because I had a similar experience a while back. I ended up embarrassing myself really. This is just great to see. It feels realistic in a way that it's not. Did that make sense? I think it does.

'In the meantime, a faint murmur admits, "That's too bad. This display of my prowess in your favorite sport was vaguely intended to impress you."'
'"That's too bad," he says a tad louder. "This display of my prowess in your favorite sport has left a poor impression on you. I vaguely suspect envy. Am I correct in assuming this?"'

That killed me. I could vividly imagine this in my head. This is supposed to be centered on humor. I get that feeling that it has some angst. I think that's from the crude humor. Huh... Good work again! Continue writing! :)
another.creative.lover chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
PFFT.
BALLBREAKER IS RIGHT. XDDD
I can't stop laughing, my dear. Please hold, I may be broken. "Better get someone from the staff!"

...

OMIGOD THIS THING FROM L HAD ME SQUEEZING AND SQUEALING:
HE'S SUCH A MAN. w

Erin is such a cute klutz. XD I feel like that's why Ryuzaki likes her so much because she gives him someone to depend on, yet she's someone who helps him learn things in the socializing field. And every time she's with him, she's doing something exciting with him.
Of course, love is related to spontaneity in the brain. :P So, what do you know?

(sigh) I really do ship L and Erin way more than I should.
tenshi-no-akuma-81 chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I love how the title has a double meaning...very clever! Poor. poor Matsuda. XD
sincethelastday chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Good gravy (yes, I did just use that expression), that was an awesome oneshot! I love, love, love how you combine humour and seriousness into your stories! I still can't stop chuckling over the line of "shining my ball" that L used. It makes you wonder if he even sensed any innuendo in his own comment. And poor Matsuda at the end! Oh dear.

One of the things I always eagerly anticipate in your oneshots, is the emotion that you portray in the characters, and the seriousness and deepness of even the smallest action or word. For example, I love the part where L quietly murmurs to Erin that he was trying to impress her, as if he doesn't want anyone else to hear this comment besides her. As if it's their little secret. And the aching frustration that Erin feels when she marches away to get snacks, is so poignantly written (ex. how she bends her head back to prevent the tears from coming). I think everyone can relate to that feeling of inadequacy and knowing that they're acting childish, but just not caring.

I also loved the ending where L is waiting for Erin to return. As much as Erin is blind to the fact most of the time, L does carry some concern for her, even if's miniscule and not carried out well.

Thanks for the oneshot! It made my day!
Ratt9 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I can totally see L doing that, lol.

And oh Matsuda, you have the worst of luck. x3
Miss Bright chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
"Shine my ball" - is that an innuendo I see? L, I'm shocked!

Another lol-worthy line:

"B-but the boards keep score automatically," Matsuda points out. Not that anyone listens.

Nice one.
Mysti Queen chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
"Ballbuster" That title definitely describes what happened at the end. OUCH! Poor Matsuda lol I lol'd so hard at that. hehe!
Lorraine24 chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
I love how they tell Matsuda to be the score keeper eventhough there's an automated score system! lol! poor Matsuda!

"Oh, I will, buddy. I'll suit myself, all right. We'll see who's shining whose balls at the end of the night…" That's a funny line to read (because of the unintended inuenndo, obvioulsy) ... downing half a bottle of cabernet wine makes it even funnier (guilty as charged after a very long day).

I really like the dynamics of L and Erin together. I really hate they never had a chance to grow as a fresh couple, but I think it was the most realistic and suitable outcome.

Excellent work, as usual! _