Reviews for Spread Thin
Joylinda chapter 2 . 9/29/2011
I really loved your story.I'm a sucker for an agnst story.

At first I was at a complete lost. I was like what the hell Precia back Af dead real family flew right over my everything clicked in.I guess I was having a really slow moment

Lindy seems so in tune with things and just knows how to act. She knows what's going on before you know what's going on. I love it

You stayed true to their the mental syndrome wouldn't seem to far was two apples short of an apple pie.

Anyways great story I was on the verge of a break down if Fate died.

Any story Fate dies I cry in LoL
Sherin chapter 2 . 7/26/2011
Before reading I never really realize that she has a lot of families. Guess it just never occured to me until I read I read your fic. I keep thinking at first of what she meant by "my family"...lol I guess she didn't realize it until the end.

That was such a good fic...and you seem to know about mental illness. My Dad is a psychiatrist so I'm really interest in what you typed at the end.
wedgegeck chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I really liked the way you handled Fate's careful distancing of herself in this story. She's so deliberate and in control of herself that it must have been challenging to have her display such a condition believably; you certainly did succeed though! Fate's confrontation with Lindy was very moving. Lindy's influence on Fate has always been somewhat understated in the series, and I applaud you for bringing it to the fore here. Thanks for writing!
manekinekotan chapter 2 . 6/18/2011
Very interesting story. Fate being broken by Arf's death, and her feelings of not being able to hold the pieces of her life together, are very believable. After all the trauma she's been through in her early childhood, it's not implausible that Fate would be suffering even as an adult - especially with how her personality is presented.

Having Lindy be the one to figure things out seems fitting.

The ending fits. Although she appreciates Lindy having brought everyone together, she hesitates, not ready to face them all quite yet. While she's not quite whole, Fate recognizes that she wants to be. She wants to get better, for the sake of the ones she loves, and love her in turn.

Very thoughtful story. Thank you for sharing it!
DezoPenguin chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
You have an interesting definition of a happy ending ("Fate has an serious mental condition that is, barring magical intervention or sufficiently advanced technology, manageable but not curable.") but I do suppose not being splattered on the pavement and having the love and support of her family...families...does make for an end that's at least positive after the way the previous chapter set things up! So it's much happier than I'd have any right to expect.

All in all, this was a rather moving piece, and I thought the use of genuine mental illness rather than one of a variety of magical excuses for Precia's "return" was rather creative (yes, that was the central "hook" of the entire story, but still creative) and you get extra points for applying your knowledge in the field rather than just making things up off the cuff the way I would have to.

Lindy struck me as extremely perceptive throughout, and you made several dialogue and narration choices that made me think that she pretty much knew exactly what was going on and even why it was going on, especially when she said "And you used to hold her back, somehow." Then again, I suppose that having raised Fate since she was nine, Lindy would be aware of something like this (the implication being that it was a long-standing condition that only after Arf's death became overwhelming...or that it was something about Arf's death that made Fate no longer ignore the "Precia" voice?). I suppose the specifics would lie, again, in your knowledge of RL schizophrenia.
yurimylove chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
"Speak of the devil." Ummm, were you referring to yourself there, Miss author? Ahaha, just kidding... a witty line there, by the way, "the devil" D

Yeah another amazing piece, I thoroghly enjoyed reading it. You received quite a lot of good comments and most of what I have in mind have already been expressed by other reviews. I'd just add that for this story I'm very glad it has a chapter 2. And not just because of the happy ending. You know I have enjoyed reading some of the sadder/more tragic one-shots of yours, but for this story I feel that chapter one just isn't quite complete, regardless of whether there's implied tragic ending. It just seemed to me that there's some more room to develop Fate's character/emotion in her melancholic mental state. I think chapter 2 definitely adds a lot to make this piece a more complete and fulfilling story. And as another reviewer mentioned, the FateLindy bonding scene is amazingly touching!
F91 chapter 2 . 5/29/2011
See, wasn't it nice to have a happy ending for once? XD

I made most of my best comments on AS, but I also really like how you used the "I know that you have more courage than this" line. I've made it no secret that I think those who commit suicide are cowards running away from their problems so I was behind Lindy 100%. I'm glad she knocked some sense into Fate like any good mother would.

Great job, deathcurse.
Tear of Light chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
All I can say is phew! I'm glad someone got to her in time. :)

Great work! Keep it up! :)
Craxuan chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
Wish I could develop some sort of disease to help me write. That was a joke, but I seriously could use some inspiration ...

All together it was a good combination, chapter one and two, but for some reason, I can't feel it for the last line. It needs rephrasing maybe...
Extrinsical chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
Lovely work. Lovely, lovely work.

I especially liked the interaction between Lindy and Fate; and the description of how various characters were reacting. Subtle, but strong.

And I wonder if you would entertain the idea of a continuation to this? In the sense of how she will deal with this? I daresay that would be quite a read. :)

Thank you for writing something both refreshing yet entirely possible, canon-wise.

Kudos!
AnonexistedID chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
very nice~~
depression76 chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
oh wow. Lindy mama you rawkz! I love Lindy and Fate bonding, especially if you put in comparisons with Fate Precia.

A question though, whatever happened to arf? I dont think that you put any explanation there...

And schizophrenia eh? Wow, would have never guessed that. But it was expected of Fate to have that.

Anyway, great story! though yes, there are still blanks and questions in my mind...bytheway I hope you dont mind being typecasted, . It just seem that way to me, hehehe. a fluff next perhaps? to break out of your comfort zone?
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
I am getting flashes now, of Roberta from the last major arc of Black Lagoon, and how she talked to a man she killed in her past as she went more and more insane over the course of the story. For the life of me I can't tell if we're supposed to think Precia is real or some figment of Fate's imagination (it's difficult to tell because of just how much detail you put into her words and movements), but it's a disturbing implication all the same.

Why do I get the feeling if Fate goes with Precia, she won't come back?

Update soon!
xwarLockx chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Precia's there? tell me Fate's just hallucinating.

well, I'm looking forward for the next chapter:)
Maimakterion chapter 1 . 5/23/2011