Reviews for Alone on the Water
Wah! Brilliant! Thank you for this story!
guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
good story
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
well done
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
so much angst i can't take it
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
out of all the disney father's i respect him the most since he had to go through so much during the movie with his little girl in so much danger yet he could not go after her just for her sake plus he nearly loses his daughter three times ( the avalance being discoverd as a woman and the fight with shan yu)
Review chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
very well written and sweet
Cindz Cindz chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I think you nailed Fa Zhao' character. This is so sad! Nice job again
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is just incredible.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
In the film, we mostly just get implications of what was going on at home while Mulan was away. I really like you detailing all the precautions taken so people won't realize she's gone, and the very strong possibility of her death that keeps preying on her father.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Really lovely imagery here. Thanks for the read.
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Hhoo man.

I've never read a Fa Zhou fic before but I'm loving it. It's amazing how much he loves and cares and worries about Mulan here. And that he aids her desepction how he can hoping that it will make it easier for her to 'come back home'.
Akua chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This was very touching and it felt very personal. Fa Zhou must have suffered during the Mulan movie (considering how long she was gone. Months of training, weeks of marching along... fighting). I loved how you emphasized Mulan's character. Headstrong with a 'my way is better' kind of feeling to it.

I thought the best part of this POV was the focus on the things Mulan left behind. I could see Fa Zhou as the kind of father who would have tried his best to gather up each strand of hair after it had fallen once he realized that she was gone...

This was well written ,and I greatly enjoyed it.

-Akua
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
So sad...people rarely consider what Fa Zhou must have been feeling when Mulan left. I like your story, I'm sorry it hasn't been reviewed more.
Starzinmieyez chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
This was so sweet :) And really well written, too! The way Fa Zhou's thoughts are portrayed is really in-character. I know this is only a one shot, but it'd make an epic story :D
KNO chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
This is lovely and thought-provoking.

A very accurate portrayal of Fa Zhou's thoughts.

Nice job. :)