Reviews for Family Portrait
WhyMustIWrite chapter 12 . 2/16/2009
This is a fascinating story! It has kept me enthralled, practically bolted to my seat, and I kept telling myself I'll review after "one more chapter". I am thoroughly ashamed to have gone more than halfway through the story without stopping to say a word!

I love the plotline here, it is believable and very excited. Of course I adore the undercurrents of tension and interaction between Obi Wan and Siri, and how it they ended up working counterproductively because Siri's convinced that he's disgusted by her and Obi Wan's a bit miffed by the way she seemed to be teasing him and thus has to try to keep from being distracted.

I also appreciate the many insights you've given into Anakin and Obi Wan's master-padawan relationship. I was particularly pulled in by the whole matter with the sculpture that had Obi Wan on one side and Maul on the other. It was interesting to see Obi Wan struggle over what it could mean, and Anakin's chiding reassurance. I also appreciate the idea of Obi Wan giving Anakin "special lessons".

You have kept everyone so beautifully in character. I love seeing how they react to the prejudices and blind hatred of the citizens of the planet. And I have to say it is very nice to see Neimoidans presented as something other than greedy, cowardly villains. You've "humanized" them, in a manner of speaking.

Shapoi is a believable and interesting oc. I appreciate his point of view and his determination not to have the Order's reputation tarnished by allowing them to rescue him. He is amazingly loyal, though he also seems to have a conflict of interest as far as his parents are concerned. In any case, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about Shapoi and I find myself saddened by his apparent demise in this chapter.

I love the way you explore the concept of Jedi and family. There were occasions there when Obi Wan felt almost instinctivly attracted to the notion, and Anakin, of course, is predisposed to desire it. You haven't really explored Siri's pov when it comes to family, and how to deal with them. But I do enjoy the idea of Anakin being their coach.

And I have to say that in this particular chapter I found it quite endearing how you pointed out Obi Wan's tendency to think that eventually people /must/ think rationally and listen to reason, and that you brought out the incident with Boss Nass and the "symbiote circle" as a case in point.

So, I believe that my conscience has been assuaged with this review and that I can now go back to enjoying this wonderful story!
IonicAmalgam chapter 18 . 8/5/2008
great story.
Alien Roxi chapter 18 . 4/11/2008
That was a really good fic, really good!
Alien Roxi chapter 13 . 4/8/2008
Just marking my spot again. :-)
WolfCipher7 chapter 9 . 4/7/2008
Markind my spot for now, but this is really good!
2maluv chapter 17 . 8/22/2006
Loved the story. Its quite different from other stories i've read and, yeah, its really well written.

May the Force be with you,

Faith.
gizm chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
A very nice story, but I think that such happenings would have averted Anakins fall. I kind of hoped for sequels , so the interview at the end and the missing sequels made me kind of sad... But that is a matter of your time I guess, and thinking about it, there wouldn't have been a good way of writing a sequel, seeing as the mission is finished. Just see it as a compliment. I'll go through your other stories now, I'm confident there will be enough good work in those, to lift my spirits after the lack of a sequel.

Anyway, you haven't updated since the 12-2-05, so I'm not sure whether you still look in here, but I would really consider it a loss, if you were to stop writing, so please consider this an appeal to continue writing.

gizm
Kathryn Merlin chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
this story is incredible! i wish all star wars fanfic was like this. i love the comfort and love that obi-wan and anakin share, and everyone is so in character, especially obi-wan's insecurites about anakin. would you consider writing another like this? I have read it four times and each time is just as amazing, and I would love to read more.
Darkinyron chapter 18 . 5/6/2006
I reviewed this on some other site, and found it here, so...I wanted to review where you're more likely to read it. _ I LOVED this, and it's definately going on my favourites. Your characterisation and descriptions are amazing, as is the symbolism. It's so hard to find stories with such symbolism in them. :) Great job, and keep writing-I'll be watching!
Nelarun chapter 18 . 4/3/2006
this whole story is very good... It was really well thought out...

Nelarun of australia
Miss-Jedi chapter 18 . 2/10/2006
I first read this on a diffrent site, and i thought it was the best story i've ever read. I forget sometimes, that it isn't real. I love this story.
tudor-rose445 chapter 18 . 1/31/2006
This was good. Good job.
Aesshen chapter 18 . 8/4/2005
Woah... I know I'm reviewing this, like, three years after it's finished, but it's worth it. Excellent, excellent portrayal of teenage Anakin. Plus, you managed to make me like Siri Tachi for an entire fic's length, which is something of an accomplishment. And your Obi-Wan is, as ever, perfect.

Just nitpicking because I tend to notice these things in otherwise flawless fics: would Siri really feel so messed up about having had sex with that pirate? I mean, I could understand that she would be unhappy about the obviously misogynistic use of her body to gain access to power, but to be so cut up about the sex? The Jedi aren't celibate, are they?

The article at the end was cool, though. It really shows that there were good reasons for good people to like and support the Empire, as many of them presumably did.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 18 . 6/25/2005
this story was amazing! i was totally hooked! you have real talent. im going to check your profile right now and read more!
Tigger 889 chapter 4 . 6/1/2005
Yes! it is a typical age. Over half the kids in my high school have had babies or are pregnant (which I am NOT included in that, thank you very much!) but I have a friend that had a baby when she was 13, and adopted an infant girl when she was 11. So the answer is yes.
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »