Reviews for Family Portrait
BlueSkye chapter 2 . 1/20/2003
Awesome. :)
Calantha42 chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Wow.

I actually read this story somewere else (can't remember where, though) then stumbled across it on . I decided I had to review, simply because this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read! And I have read alot of fanfic this summer...

You are able to get all the characters perfect, the plot is fantastic, and unlike most long fanfics, it doesn't fall apart near the end.

Also, Siri was in it! That just makes me happy...So, will we get to see anymore stories about Siri, Ani and Obi-Wan? Please?
RazielOmega chapter 18 . 7/23/2002
OMG. I just dont know what to say. This was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Are you sure you're not a published author? I love Siri fics and there are so few. Write another story pleeeeeeeeeeeez

-Ari
Shezan chapter 17 . 5/21/2002
This is terrific! Far better than the Jude Watson series! I loved the terrible visions Anakin gets in the woods: so premonitory...

I know this is not exactly the style of the stories you put up at "Vader's Mask", but it would be nice if you had a section for the TTPM/AOTC fics there. After all, this is still Vader.
Starkiller chapter 18 . 5/19/2002
What in the galaxies can I possibly say about this? Well first off, your writing, in my personal opinion, is most definitely fit for publishing.

I was utterly shocked at your near perfect characterisations, not to mention your ability to create such wonderful characters like Daj Orti. And the plot- I've never been drawn into a story like this before! It was fantastic and very in-depth.

All in all, you kept true to the writing style of the Jedi Apprentice series. I hope you decide to write more about Obi-Wan, Anakin & Siri and, of course, her new padawan.

Good luck & keep writing! You have a raw talent.

_

Starkiller
Jedi Natalie chapter 1 . 4/29/2002
I CAN'T belive I haven't seen your story earlier! It's sooooo good! I happen to love Anakin and Obi Wan stories. Are you going to write anymore? (pretty please!)
Grace chapter 4 . 4/23/2002
Oh WOW! *shaking my head in absolute amazement* This is SUCH an incredible story! You are an unbelievable writer! Please continue writing! With its vivid descriptions, amazingly accurate characterizations, engrossing plot and intensity, I could not tear my eyes away from your story. I could almost imagine the pictures in my mind. Anakin is my favorite Star Wars character and it pains me when I read stories that write him off as just an evil person which often sadly results in making him into a one dimensional character. But you have truly done him justice, capturing the complexity of his persona, masterfully portraying his vulnerabilities as well as strengths, his capacity for love as well as anger, and displaying the insecurities and fears that he tries to valiantly hide and control. But most importantly you showed how human he is. Your analysis of Anakin’s emotions gives the reader telling glimpses to the conflicting demons inside of him that eventually leads him to the dark side, proving that Anakin is not a bad person, but a troubled one. And your depiction of Obi Wan’s feelings, thoughts, insecurities and your portrayal of his relationship with Anakin can be summed up as simply masterful. There’s no doubt that Obi Wan deeply cares about Anakin and Anakin deeply cares about Obi Wan, but Anakin seems to need something and is grasping for something that Obi Wan doesn’t know what it is and how to give it. (I’m not sure if I phrasing this right) You’ve captured the dynamics of their relationship perfectly! I’m especially in awe of how much your writing made me feel as if I could understand and emphasize with all the diverse kinds of characters and see their points of view. BRAVO!
Erika chapter 17 . 4/15/2002
"Sequel, sequel, sequel". Perfect this story is just great. I really do hope you write a sequel.
GruMpy2348 chapter 17 . 4/15/2002
You did a great job with this story. I hope you write another one similar to it. If you do just be careful not to make Obi-Wan too uptight. This was great thank you for writing it!
The Galactic Goddess chapter 18 . 4/15/2002
Simply beautiful, Intense, and perfect in every way... I have absolutly no complaints. This is the best fanfiction I have ever read. Very thoughtful and touching on many different levels. You took alot of effort into this story didn't you?

Anyway, Honestly perfect in every aspect of the word. on a scale of one to ten this is a definate 10...

You are a marvelous writer and are going onto my favorite author list.

I am happy that it ended as well as it started but a very sad it's over. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Your Fan always,

The Galactic Goddess
Jedi Rita chapter 16 . 4/14/2002
"I'll never hate you, Anakin. I promise."

He turned this over in his mind. "I guess not. You never hate anybody. I'll go wake up the others."

He wandered off toward where Siri was sleeping, leaving Obi-Wan feeling confused and a bit low. Anakin seemed to want something from him, and he wasn't certain what it was.

***

Ah, this was really good. Obi-Wan offers unconditional love, but Anakin can't quite accept it. He equates it with unconditional forgiveness. He wants and needs to believe that there are unforgivable sin or crimes, things that go too far, which would not only permit hate but make it justifiable. If Krayn is an evil slave lord, an unforgiveable sin, then it is right to hate him.

But more than that, Anakin is testing the boundaries with Obi-Wan. Could he ever go too far? Could Obi-Wan ever finally hate him? And if Obi-Wan could never hate him, does that mean he can never really love him, either? Obi-Wan seems too cool to Anakin, too passionless. Obi-Wan doesn't get angry enough at the injustices in the galaxy, and consequently Anakin can't quite trust him. This is why Anakin relates so much to Siri - she feels and demonstrates passion, outrage at injustice.

Wow, what a fabulous story. One of my all-time favorites I must say, and believe me, I read WAY too much fanfic! Not only an engrossing story, but it was literate (all too rare in fanfic), profound, thought-provoking, and it developed the great, classic themes of Star Wars. I'm going to go read all the rest of your stories now. I hope you will consider writing more with Obi, Ani, Siri and her new padawan, eh?
FernWithy chapter 16 . 4/14/2002
There's an epilogue still. And an epi-epilogue (a fake magazine interview with Daj), if people want it).
The Galactic Goddess chapter 16 . 4/14/2002
Is there any more? I think you said there was only 16 chapters... Is that true ( ?

Anyway, if that was it, Simply beautiful.
Erika chapter 15 . 4/13/2002
Wow! That was really exciting. I can't believe that little brat what's his face, ratted them out, and after Anakin saved his sorry ass! I know if I was Anakin I would have want to killed or hurt him as well, but i'm glad that Obi-Wan held him back. Please post the next chapter soon!
Jedi Rita chapter 15 . 4/13/2002
ACK! Brinje came back, and it wasn't good. Sorry I got Daj's name wrong. I hope he doesn't prove to be a sell out, too.
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »