Reviews for The King of Beasts
mrs.sastre chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Just ran across your fic and wanted to say how much I loved it. Very fine writing. You have several wonderful turns of phrases throughout, one of my favourites is "I watched him and I laughed, and my tiger roared to his and his roared back to me." The whole metaphor was fantastic.

I always thought that Bruno Heller made a very serious mistake by not ending the Red John arc with the Season 3 finale. The show could have easily survived and have gone onto even bigger and better things instead of dragging the RJ story out until it ended with a whimper instead of a bang.
kasinka613 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This is one of the best ff I've ever read. This is definitely the best ff about Red John. It's really creepy and I think that this is exactly how RJ should have been portrayed. Couldn't be more perfect.
kibaxkaori chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Perfectly psychotic. I loved it. Somehow, I think, this would be Red John's exact mindset in the canon.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Wow...just...wow. I am speechless. No words can possibly express how utterly amazing that was! It was beautiful. It was dark. It was brilliant. I loved it!
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
This was terrific. I loved the way you built up the suspense and filled in the back story. The evil and vanity of this man as he stalked his prey and satisfied his lust for blood . . . you descibe it brilliantly and poetically.

Great stuff!
kakashifangrl1012 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
wow, just... wow. creeptastic. love the in-depth use of the extended tiger metaphor. awesome job.
Hirundo chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Simply amazing. Haunting. Captivating. THANK YOU.
Sabsi13 chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
that waa...incredible!

I loved the season finale and was totally shocked by the outcome and like you, Red John successfully creeped me out ;)

and now I've read your story and it just fits and it's so brilliant and I am talking nonsense, but believe me, this story is so perfect I am beginning to think that this is what Red John wanted to do in the series.

your writing is so realistic and convincing it's hard to believe that this didn't come from the screenwriters themselves!

in other words I am speechless and right now, I practically worship the ground you walk on :D

thank you so much for sharing this incredible piece of work!

keep writing such fantastic stories!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Holy cow. Best Mentalist story I've ever read.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Wow, an incredible fic to pair with an incredible finale. Beautifully written as usual, and an exceptional look at the inside of Red John's mind. I think this was my favorite line: "We hide the tigers in our hearts and call ourselves civilized." ...So poeticaly put. SUPERB work! :D
Queen'sJester chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Firstly, I am enchanted by your writing. It if the perfect representation of Red John, and how he would think and act. I would LOVE it if you wrote more. (Of this, the Hollow Man, something new- anything you want.)

Second- I'm right there with you, flipping out about the finale! I totally freaked out, on the edge of my seat for that last half hour. I just didn't see it freaking *coming*, you know?

Third- screw the network! If you have planned to do some stories, just say it was set before the finale, or say that in this story, Jane DIDN'T kill Red John at the end (which was really, completely amazing, I agree).

Sincerely,

Queen's Jester.
Kuhlama chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
was different from what I've read before. Even kind of poetic :)

I especially liked this one:

"The sheep fears the tiger. And the tiger, oh the tiger kills the sheep."
information specialist chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Wow. This is beautiful and raw. Love the philosophy, and all the thought you put behind it. Compelling.
Winka chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
OMG, it is so fantastic and intensive, I am dumbfounded . SUPER !
inkspire chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Uh, ya. That was good and TERRIFYING. Holy crap. O.O Really good, lol, but freak-you-out-REAL-good scary. Very much like how I imagine Red John to be, especially with the recent edits/additions from the FINALE. Which had me throwing things and tearing my hair out from all the slow-burning suspense and adrenalin-filled moments of action, then not breathing during the entire last 15 minutes or so. And I wasn't expecting him in your story to talk about how he visits Patrick on the 17th/19th night when he sleeps, or when he visited him in the ward, or how he made him his child. TERRIFYING. I did have that thought, of how Jane could go real dark after this, but yeah. Who knows how he's gonna get out of this? Will he accept jail, or concoct a plan and be gone in a second flat? Or, will he get out on self-defense/sway the jury, proving Red John had a gun in the newspaper? NO idea. Great story!