Reviews for Yet the World Spins Gently On
HARRIS SMART chapter 1 . 3/13/2018
Hey AriadneO...we were having such a good conversation at cam4ultimate...why did you block me when I came back after making coffee? did you mean to do that? please unblock me...my user name there is "mike"...xxox Harris
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 3 . 8/29/2013
The quality of this writing is so high that I can only beg you to continue, despite suspecting that it's a futile hope. But thank you for what you have given us. :)
forlovealone chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
The sentence..."as a countess,I hope you marry tittle and wealth. As a mother, I hope you marry for love" Wonderful!

But now I am totally disappointed cos you have abandoned this story and it is on a cliff hanger...

Very disappointing!
forlovealone chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
I really like this beginning of the story and much more than JF"s version of the breaking up of mary and Matthew..
Please keep writing. You really have the talent...
The story flows on beautifully and the mood on the library between mary and matthew was spot on.
TrapperII chapter 3 . 11/28/2011
Yes, truly a ghastly cliffhanger! :)

I liked Cora and Mary's heart-to-heart in this chapter. The two of them had a lot of nice interaction in series 1 that was completely missing in series 2. It's nice to have it back in fic form.

Are you still going forward with this story? I see you haven't updated in a while ...
TrapperII chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
Excellent scene between Mary and Matthew in the library. I really liked how you didn't just dwell on the Pamuk excuse as the reason she didn't accept him (though I always enjoy a good Pamuk-confession fic :)); rather you threw her complicated issues out there in all their glory.
Ju-dou chapter 3 . 11/3/2011
Argh! Too too too wonderful. I rather feel like giving up the ghost now but I think your excellent writing will make me strive to improve, I mean that completely, that chapter was nothing short of inspiring. The pacing is magnificent, I loved the ebb and flow of the conversation between Cora and Mary and the ending, I did not see that coming! This has all the making of a completely beautiful epic, don't rush yourself, you have pitched everything just right thus far, have more faith in your talent! Unfortunately for you I am now going to feel the need to pursue you to never give up writing this!
Ju-dou chapter 2 . 11/3/2011
I'm quite embarrassed that you've been reading my rambling prose, Ariadne. I'm being quite genuine when I say this is truly divine and that you are very talented. Everything is perfect. Perfect! In one chapter you have so accurately encapsulated the characters and their dynamics. Also, that chapter was anything but boring, you have such a subtle quality to your writing that is so absorbing. I couldnt pick a favourite part but I particularly loved Matthew's and Mary's interaction and Mary's thoughts after the garden party. Oh I do so hope you continue beyond the next chapter which I plan to read immediately barring interruptions!
Ju-dou chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Why have I not found this before? Using my Mac I now realize I have not been able to select your banner easily in the past hence I have missed out on discovering this until now. Oh what a beautiful prologue. You have a real gift for dialogue, I could certainly learn plenty from that, you write conversation in such an enjoyable free flowing way. I am assuming that the couple are Mary and Matthew and I am beyond intrigued to discover how they made it together to 1939 and another war. Right I must move rapidly to the next chapter with bated breath!
Maidenjedi chapter 3 . 10/15/2011
Oh my! Truly excellent! And I really, really love Cora's interaction here with Mary. Both are so in-character and you did a wonderful job with their scene. Looking forward to what else you have in store!
Syblime chapter 3 . 10/15/2011
That was adorable. I liked Sybil and her knitting and I thought the conversation between Mary and Cora was perfect. You really captured Violet well, especially with the line "but better the devil we know than the devil we don't."

Already worried for the next chapter. As you know I am a devoted S/B fan and the prospect of Sybil/Matthews fills me with fear!

sakurasencha chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
Lovely work! My favorite bit is the Cora and Mary scene. I love mother/daughter interactions and I think you captured Mary's frustration and Cora's frustration at understanding Mary beautifully. I also really like your Violet! And the end! Best not be breaking my boy Branson's heart!
Chickwriter chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
It's back! So glad to see it... love the interaction between Cora and Mary.. serious and true and wonderful (and love that she plays Satie!) Plus a heck of a cliffhanger! Keep going. Hope your muse is on task!
Maidenjedi chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
I'm sure life has carried you off and this story is the last thing on your mind right now, but I wanted to let you know that I found it absolutely riveting and would love to see where it goes. You've done a fabulous job and really added value in the fandom with this story.
WhiteCamellia chapter 2 . 6/23/2011
Please update this story! I really like it so far. :)