Reviews for Salt and Sunshine
Guest chapter 21 . 8/27/2014
Great chapter :)
guest chapter 72 . 8/14/2014
I was reading this while listening to violin music. I cried. GREAT JOB, YOU MADE A LITTLE GIRL CRY! It was a wonderfully written story, good job :')
jmint945 chapter 72 . 4/14/2014
Wow, my eyes were starting to get watery as I read this chapter. Your story was great though I secretly hoped that Finnick would not actually die like he did in the book. Course in the book I had hope until the end that he might have servived. Johanna was hard but I liked how you brought out her slight sensitive side. Well done!
mspstar97 chapter 72 . 12/31/2013
God, that was beautiful and so, so painful. I'm glad Annie found some solace in Johanna and vice versa. But, FINNICK! I'm so sad. I keep hoping for ff writers to let him live, but my hopes are usually dashed. Anyway, this was a phenomenal story...really, beyond words. Great job!
Mysfortune chapter 72 . 12/9/2013
I totally did not cry or anything... just kidding I pretty much bawled! You have amazing writing skills! I really love this fanfic! Thanks for writing it!
Anon chapter 72 . 11/29/2013
I knew that he was going to die, yet here I am bawling my eyes out. This was so good, very well written and I need Atleast a week to recover from this
skynicalodean chapter 72 . 11/26/2013
Man, Finnick and Annie's story is amazing; you are an incredible writer.
Anonymous chapter 72 . 10/28/2013
I never usually comment on stories and I realise how late this is but this time I couldnt resist ...
I stumbled across this the other day and I cant even begin to describe how beautifull ,well written and incredibly accurate this story is ... its exactly how imagined it would be
Finnick is obviously one of my favourite characters and I love how youve portrayed all his interactions and relationships with the others esp. Mags and Johanna !
The original story despite how incredible it was left me feeling quite empty as many of the characters ended up mad or dead and werent given any sort of closure imo but your story offered some for a few characters and for that Im gratefull

well done really :)
Guest chapter 71 . 9/7/2013
NO, FINNICK I LOVE YOU YOU CANT GO OMFG AWERIQU4H3EGJIBDFANSDFGKSJHL
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Update immediately, please!
DCdreamer55 chapter 71 . 8/27/2013
Thank you for a wonderful story, through and through. I really enjoyed reading it, and loved every moment that I did. It was great, beautifully written and wonderfully done. I can't wait for the epilogue. Thank you.
Guest chapter 69 . 8/12/2013
um wow you scared me for a sec i thought that was actually the last chapter
HauntedSilver chapter 68 . 8/3/2013
Wow. So, a lot of intensity in this chapter. I don't even know where to start.

A lot of this chapter was scenes that weren't in the book, which I love. It's awesome to see great scenes in another point of view, especially when that person is directly involved in the situation or has an interesting perspective, but it gets a little boring when it's completely the same story in another POV.

I really need to re-read Mockingjay. All of the HG books, actually, but this story really just makes me want to read it all again.

I LOVE what you did with Peeta in this chapter! I forgot how cynical and rude and horrible and completely not-Peeta he is for most of MJ. The interactions you did with him and Finnick were incredible. I love that you had Finnck tell him to ask about what was true -the way you presented it, him relating it to Annie, the realization Peeta has no friends or anyone to trust. You capture tortured Peeta amazingly, too.

The moment where Katniss says Peeta is dead hit me really hard. Because it's true. And I never thought of it that way. And it really hurts. New, tortured Peeta is the opposite of old Peeta. It's like old Peeta is dead.

I still love that moment when Katniss tells him about himself and escapes to her tent. I love how you touched on that by ending it with the double knot.

I really liked when Finnick went to help Leeg 1, and not just because I love interactions with minor characters.

HauntedSilver chapter 66 . 7/17/2013
The Johanna scene was amazing. It must have taken ages to write! I mean, it was so perfect. This part really stuck out to me: "You're lying to yourself," Johanna says. "Crazy can't fix crazy. She's just masking your pain. She's your morphling, not the cure."

Oh gosh, it's just flawless. Striking. It hurts to read a little, actually. I love how you brought her twisted views of love to light, and I was surprised at how well Finnick handled this, how pure his love for Annie shines through every word you write. I mean, you should get an award for this paragraph. It really hits home. The morphing metaphor and it just...it's so perfect and heartbreaking. I could spend a million words describing this, and how it feels to read, an it'll never be enough. Honestly.

HauntedSilver chapter 65 . 7/17/2013
Sorry it took me so long to review!

That ending. Wow. That was incredible, an one of the most intense moments of this story. Those lines are much better fitted for the end of a chapter than the middle, the way Collins did it. The way you wrote it makes ot even more jarring.

That scene with Peeta at the lunch table always made me uncomfortable, when he talks about stealing Annie. It's just as chilling the way you wrote it, maybe even a little more so because Finnick is the one that's being threatened.

Mesmerizing. I loved it!