Reviews for Fate or Fortune
CherryFlamingo chapter 21 . 8/29/2015
The ending was great and all, but I feel a bit unsatisfied. It's meaningful, not too cheesy, and never really lost the serious tone it had since the story's started. I just wished they could meet face to face (even if four years really passed) and come to terms like that. I also wished that their friends would realize in a reunion of some sort because constantly hiding that fact (Even passively doing so) just doesn't sit right with me.

Overall, I found the ending bittersweet. It was a good story overall, andI quite liked it :)
CherryFlamingo chapter 19 . 8/29/2015
I'm kind of hoping that Naoto and Nathan would end up together now... He seemed really cool!
CherryFlamingo chapter 18 . 8/29/2015
The plot thickens!
CherryFlamingo chapter 15 . 8/29/2015
Yes! Nathan's into her! Wait, but this kind of reminds of Kanji...is Nathan even aware of Naoto's actual sex? I mean, he could be bi, but he could also be gay or (even) straight.

I'm definitely liking the characters around Naoto now, and I like the banter too. She seems more open than she did years ago in Inaba.

Also, Law & Order #1
CherryFlamingo chapter 14 . 8/29/2015
First off, Skyrim is awesome! I don't play, but I enjoy review videos, and I'm always impressed and amused by the creative prowess of the creators and the modding community!

Second, I'm so glad you ended their relationship so quickly and drama-free. I mean, sure it was full of misunderstandings (mostly on Naoto's side imo), but it wasn't exactly one of those overly used and clich├ęd means of ending a relationship (ex: misunderstanding caused from cheating, unreasonable miscommunication, sheer stupidity). In all honesty, I find Souji's own reasons for not allowing himself to live off of Naoto to be very...honest, and in a way, modernly chivalrous. He's honest about his dependency on his parents, his lack of financial stability, and even his status as just a teenager. I'm sure some people would have no problem living off of their significant lover even if they're totally underaged and without the means, but still...

Err, besides my rant, I really did like how you ended it because really, after reading stories about so many relationships ending, a change in the flow of things is pretty nice.
CherryFlamingo chapter 13 . 8/28/2015
I thought this chapter was really interesting. I liked the descriptions of other people you've included and I really enjoyed reading what things Naoto was thinking or processing. Rather than just finding him endearing, I'm actually liking him now. Maybe he's not as much of an extra than I thought he was :)
CherryFlamingo chapter 12 . 8/28/2015
Uh oh! Things are only going downhill now...
CherryFlamingo chapter 11 . 8/28/2015
Maybe...the culprit is Bentley! Just kidding, maybe he's just a really racist guy, I don't know.

Naoto should really take a break. Maybe then she'd have more time to herself and try to look into the tv world.
CherryFlamingo chapter 10 . 8/28/2015
I absolutely adore Naoto, but I wish I could see her wear a swimsuit or something. If only she came earlier for the beach episode, then the chances of her wearing one would've been higher. *sulks*
CherryFlamingo chapter 9 . 8/28/2015
I'm really curious how they broke up now. Even if they promised to go to the same university, they went to different ones at the end. All these flashbacks are making me anxious, grr!
CherryFlamingo chapter 8 . 8/28/2015
The rabid fan girl wished that you could've continued.

I would've taken her to be a neater person, but I guess her unexpected messy side is pretty cute. Hehehe...
CherryFlamingo chapter 7 . 8/28/2015
I'm definitely rooting for Naoto x Souji even if the latter isn't currently present, or at least, visible! It's really cool how you still manage to build some parts of their relationship and still have the reader hanging even without Souji here.
CherryFlamingo chapter 5 . 8/28/2015
It's kind of reassuring that even Naoto thinks of Souji as and enigma. I think one of the reasons why I like this story so much is because it's from Naoto's point of view, and I feel like I know her so much better than the protagonist, who is just kind of plain. I find his character to be too much of a self-insert for writers in some stories, and sometimes I just find him to be so different from how I imagine him.

Anywho, the speed is dragging, and I wish there would be more action soon!

I think I was in denial for a long time about Souji's current relationship status, lol. I thought it was Nanoko in the picture, but now I'm sure it's not her and he has a real (as real as fiction gets), live, breathing girlfriend.
CherryFlamingo chapter 4 . 8/28/2015
It's making me worried how secretive she's being! I wonder if that's the reason why they...split up?
CherryFlamingo chapter 3 . 8/28/2015
lol, I just read your author's note (or is it authoress' note?), and I'm quite thankful for it actually. If it weren't for the extra note, I would've had to keep guessing what parts of the story seemed a bit...off. You write very well, and I find myself honestly enjoying the story. It's just that the characters seemed to be portrayed more stereotypically, and I had my suspicions that you looked at Hollywood for inspiration. Well, there is truth in television (and I absolutely adore TVtropes!)

This chapter made me a bit sad because you made it obvious with no doubts that Souji and Naoto lost contact and Souji either has a real girlfriend (that isn't Naoto, grr) or has a really close friend that just happens to be female...