Reviews for Guilty Conscience
Phineas Redux chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
This is Brilliant! An extremely well-written story. It captures Xena’s guilt in a very realistic way. Her pain and dreams are extraordinarily well shown. The story is perfectly written to capture the events in all their drama. I especially like your use of short sharp sections, and the out-of-step chronology. The intensity of emotion, on both women’s part, is amazingly well portrayed.

As Korkyra says, this is the best by far of your short pieces I have read.
Korkyra chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
really good piece, possibly the best you have written. It had depth, courage and compassion. I loved the relationship between the two of them and the fact Xena's dreams were torturing her her so much yet Gabrielle made her see the truth. excellent story.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Very deep piece and I very interesting look at the thin line between killing and murder and the consequences involved. I like that Gabrielle was able to drag Xena from herself at the end because I could really see her going through with it.
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Nice guilt trip for Xena. It's not usually her style to give in to her nightmares. She has killed before in self defense, but not a child so young. Gabrielle did a great job of convincing Xena that this so called child was a killer, regardless of what age she was. She would have killed those innocent people and thought nothing of slaying Xena. Thank goodness Gabrielle's pain won out more than Xena's. :D
Stardawn19 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Interesting concept. I loved the interaction between Xena and Gabrielle, especially at the end when Gabrielle's words rang so true. It reminded me of FIN a bit, and what kinda of pain Gabrielle was in after Xena has been killed.