Reviews for A Different Wheel
Liam G chapter 20 . 3/27
Okay, I got only one question, why the hell haven't you updated this? I love the Wheel of Time, that means I have read every book at least nine times since I found the first volume years ago and to see this version, holy crap I should have found this before I did my own crossover fic, I might have gone a whole different route with it. Thanks for the story and I do hope you find a day to continue on with this.
reddir chapter 13 . 10/24/2016
Huh. You've got me curious as to what is happening. The Eye, but no Rand...
reddir chapter 6 . 10/23/2016
Such a fun chapter! Really a treat to read :)
reddir chapter 3 . 10/23/2016
I've been reading right along, enjoying the slight changes you've made here...until this chapter.

I'm a bit stunned about what might be happening, and how it will play out.
rmw5763 chapter 20 . 5/22/2016
I hope you will eventually update the story as it is my Favourite story that I have read here. Galad can channel,that is a great twist. Please,Keep up the good work.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 15 . 4/5/2016
CHAPTER 17

This was a very enjoyable chapter. Though, there was a slight issue with the courtyard scene. Mat asks who they are there to see, as if he does not know Rand is the Dragon Reborn. Then, when speaking to Berelain, he demands to know if Rand is too much of a lord to interact with his friends. It's small, but somewhat jarring.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 14 . 4/3/2016
This is gonna sound weird, but here it goes. The fact that you use the words "floor" and "ground" correctly... I cannot tell you how wonderful that is to me. The number of stories I've read that have the word "floor" while people are outside is just depressing.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 10 . 4/1/2016
CHAPTER 9:

I love this chapter. It's the first chapter in which things become really clear that everyone is moving on in their lives and growing up, and Egwene is getting left behind. While other chapters display the characters growth really well, this is the first time we realize that Egwene is excluded from a lot of it and isolated in a way that makes for some really interesting interactions. The next point(at least as far as I remember) is when the girls and the Aes Sedai are traveling to Teir to meet the Dragon Reborn.

Wonderful work... I'm just sad it's discontinued.

Random Thoughts: Whenever I read Wheel of Time stuff, I can't help but think about other potential stories that work as different ages. It's actually kind of funny because there are a ton of them. For example, the Dresden Files kind of works as The First Age, with the Protagonist being the Dragon of his time. He even had a girlfriend named Elaine! Danny Phantom works in a way, if you consider Pariah Dark to be the Dark One and Danny to be the Dragon. Honestly, there are far too many to count.

CHAPTER 5:

The beginning of this chapter, with Elayne and Egwene's conversation, provides yet another scene in which we see how Egwene is getting left behind. Very well done. Too, the whole idea of Moiraine feeling the taint through the Ways is a wonderful touch. It provides a bit of proof - even if not incontrovertible - that Saidin is purified when that happens.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 5 . 3/29/2016
CHAPTER 4:

I am a terrible, terrible person... That scene with Elayne in the dungeon taunting Rand put images in my head of things that are in no way appropriate for a young daughter-heir to be involved in. I... really couldn't stop laughing. And, with her tendency to pick up new curses... it could potentially fit her. Or, at least, it fits her better than any of the other characters.

The re-read is just as enjoyable as the first time. Though, I'm still sad you didn't continue.

CHAPTER 5:

This chapter is always fun... though, so are all of them. If I had to pick out one or two things, I'd say that Rand and Galad's beginning to channel or the politicking was the most fun. Though, I'm sad we missed out on the Two Rivers kids' reactions to Miss T(Now she needs a Mohawk).
The King in White chapter 20 . 2/3/2016
I really do like this fic. It's a shame that it seems to be abandoned. I'd be really interested in seeing how things diverge considering Tigraine lived and Rand seems far more stable - and political. I can't see him just lying down and letting the Seanchan rule all.
Revliledpembroke chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
Brilliant idea. Looking forward to seeing where it takes us. If you plan on going through all of the books, I tell you that you have more patience then I ever could. There are people who finish their Harry Potter stories in 4 years because they can't come bear the thought of writing enough to cover those 3 extra years.
Inquisitor Sol chapter 20 . 10/17/2015
I know that you have most likely abandoned this particular story, but I look forward to reading it if you post more in the future.
Bastor78 chapter 20 . 8/14/2015
Love the story so far. Please continue if you can.
Ben
Higure Hokousha chapter 20 . 5/7/2015
An excellent fic, and a fascinating take on an alternate timeline for the events of WoT.

Curious as to how Saidin was cleansed, in terms of metaphysics, but very pleased with the associated developments.

Your characterization is excellent, although I am deeply amused by the dynamics between Siuan and Rand...it's IC, don't get me wrong, but it's a situation I never dreamt of seeing. Very interesting.

I hope you are well, and look forward to seeing future updates, if you choose to continue this fine work of yours.
Balthanon chapter 10 . 4/11/2015
I'm a bit disappointed that you turned away from having Rand go straight to the Tower- I think it would have been a bit more interesting to start deviating from the books more here. The plans that Moraine and Tigraine were making were interesting and I would have liked to have seen a story where Rand is more open to working with them (given his mother's influence and participation).