Reviews for James Castle
Sheri chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
Absolute crap. Sorry, but no! This is not at all in alliance to the book. In the book, James Castle committed suicide. He refused to succumb to society's pressure and be a "phony" person who gives themself up to the external pressures of adulthood. He is a huge example of Holden's desire to be the catcher in the rye. Holden saw Castle as a "skinny little weak looking guy with wrists about as big as pencils", an obvious sign towards Castle's resemblence of youth. What they did to him was horrible, as is the prospect of growing up and leaving the bliss of childhood. Another similie. Castle fell out the window. He wasn't pushed out of the window. This, too, is is to draw a similie between falling from a window and falling from a cliff. Holden wishes he'd been able to catch Castle, and protect him from the malevolence of the adult world, thus maintaining his innocence. I understand that this is a fanfiction, but it maintains no similarities to the book and completely diverts a huge theme into an entirely different direction. If this is to be a story, change the names. This fanfiction complies with nothing from CitR. I'm not sorry in saying that I hate this. It's simply wrong on all accounts.
notexactlytheepitomeofmaturity chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I loved the character of James, and your take on his story was really well-done. This story, like Catcher itself, is very resonant today, in the time we live in, where this kind of violence still happens. You captured a voice that wanted to be heard, like Holden, and your writing struck a perfect emotional balance. Fantastic job.
THUNDER BRAT chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Wow that was great! I wish they'd given a bit more James but hey this was great too! :)