Reviews for The Boat Riddle
BrowniePoints chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Gambit! Dang, this is good. If it's a oneshot I shall mourn accordingly. If it's the first chapter of a multi, and it really feels like it could be, I'll keep an eye on it.

I love Gambit, and this intrigues me. I like you, Cupid-Painted-Blind. I'm going to keep an eye on your writing,
KJun chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I love it! More please. I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading. Remy's internal monologue was perfect.

Kat
Fangirl chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Ok, it's been a year since you published this, so I guess there is not much hope of a second chapter, but I just wanted to tell you that this was absolutely flawless. I loved everything - the introduction to the boat riddle, your language, your characterization (esp. Logan and Marie are just spot-on), well, everything :-) I would love to see more of this!
A.Pevensie chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
What a great story! Fun pot (so far) and great characterizations. I love the writing style too - it's light and fun, keeping up the tone of the story, and having the omniscient narrator who breaks the fourth wall is an excellent touch. I know it's an older story, but I'd love to see it updated at some point :)
Anne chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
oh god remy is in a predicament. I can't wait for more. Keep up the writing!
baybelletrist chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
I love this. I want to hug it and pet it and squeeze it and call it George. (Or possibly Remy. Except that would be weird, considering it's *about* Remy.) You write amazing dialogue. Also description. Okay, everything else too.

It's interesting that you don't use Remy's habit of referring to himself in the third (de t'ird? No, no, scratch that, I just said it aloud and winced) person. It's fine; it doesn't stand out as *wrong* precisely, but I'm curious: Why so first-personal?
Maridee42 chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Oooh, this looks fun. :D
teapotpot chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
I just watched X-Men: First Class last night (FANTASTIC film, by the way - far better than the earlier movies, especially X-3), so imagine my delight when I came to your page today to check if Carve the New Path had been updated only to discover a brand new X-Men story! One of my favourite authors writing for one of my most beloved fandoms! And to add to my glee, the protagonists of your story are Rogue and Gambit! Gambit has had my heart for a good decade now, and anything involving him and Rogue is, as you put it, 'the fan-equivalent of crack cocaine'.

I'm really excited by what you've set up. As usual, you've nailed all the characters and you're writing is wonderful. Great job with Storm (such a badass ahaha... I'm not surprised everyone wants to stay on her good side), Logan, Remy, Rogue, the whole cast. The plot looks like it's going to be amazing! Spying for both sides, my oh my. That's quite the pickle. Looking forward to the next chapter!
BarnOwlJareth chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Oh God, now I'm thinking of a terrible HP/X-Men crossover, where Snape has to come and teach Gambit how to be a double agent. My braaaiiiin...

Also, this story is clearly going to be awesome, although the tiny shipper part of me that longs for Logan/Rogue is quietly weeping.
Scottfan chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Too fun! I knew both Magneto and Xavier were going to try to use Gambit to spy on the other. Now Gambit's going to have to play double double agent. Can't wait for more.
Chellerbelle chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Great first chapter. This sounds like it's going to be FUN.

Looking forward to reading more.
sablin27 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
It's an interesting start.

I like Remy's daredevil attitude and the complicated situation he finds himself in. I think Logan's attitude to Cajuns is hilarious.

(Also, I'm hoping Scott/Jean/Logan means they'll be a threesome.)
capricorn66 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Love the story so far! Keep up the good work.
Sonar chapter 1 . 5/22/2011