Reviews for Knight in Power Armor
majored chapter 15 . 8/7/2014
nice quote there. kingdom of heaven right? since its been two years since you have updated this story i dont figure that your gonna revive it. just wanted to tell you that i think your story has serious possibilities and potential.
Anime-freak-225-0691 chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Haha who new pipboys could be sarcastic
Crush48 chapter 13 . 10/7/2012
I never even played Fallout and I love this story. It's very immersive and your self representation is very easy to listen to. His/Your thoughts are very believable and I can relate to a certain extent. Keep up the good work!
Ianz chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
Cool story bro. It's pretty good so far. I think I might favorite it. :D IANZ
Guest chapter 15 . 7/14/2012
This is a bit silly.
tedsini chapter 15 . 7/13/2012
Nice oath. Your own creation? I'm glad to see that someone is living up to those ideals, since the Council seems to be quite pragmatic in achieving their goals. The Shiobi's lord is actively evil, so that's no alternative. Even the Brotherhood is troubling in as much as they seem to have no qualms about hosting and actively supporting an organization that would use force against children to gain their ends. On to Vault 87 (and a rendezvous with Fawkes?).
cally777 chapter 15 . 7/13/2012
As you say quite a lot of things going on! I'm not so bothered about having explanations for their own sake, but in this case they certainly add to the drama. The Knight's position is better defined: not a ronin but one who maintains his own morality regardless. In contrast its uncertain whether the council upholds the same values, and the introduction of Cross embodies this. There's potential for disagreement over methods and even conflict with possibly catastrophic consequences. Added to all that there's the 'renegade' to deal with; I'm guessing linked to the Shinobi.

Hopefully this will start playing out as the next quest proceeds, with innocents likely to get involved, and perhaps collateral damage. Can't wait! The story continues raising interesting questions, and the higher standard of writing has been maintained.

Just curious about that oath; I could google, though maybe its one you made up? Sounds like something Luther might've said!
beastlynerd chapter 15 . 7/12/2012
great job
cally777 chapter 14 . 4/3/2012
Was wondering how you'd deal with the possibility of Knight preventing James' death, and this was the logical way to do it.

And you're also staying ahead of the game. I thought that Knight got away from the Shinobi too easily, but you had that one covered.

As far as everything else goes, its all good (no idea why that other reviewer thinks the story's gone manga-esque, except ... dur ... there's a ninja in it). Oh except I would personally have preferred Kess to emote more in the circumstances. But I guess she's the LW and she's a tough kid.
Denninator1211 chapter 14 . 3/20/2012
Nice book :D

If you ever need an editor tell me ()

I know spelling doesnt count, but another set of eyes can make a story flow better. Dont feel like you have to take me up on my offer, or like you have to wait on me, im only human. (i doubt you'll need to wait on me though)
Too-fly chapter 12 . 3/17/2012
I -was- enjoying the story. Then you started talking about anime crap and my interest plummeted. Ew.
tedsini chapter 14 . 3/17/2012
The shinobi is taking advantage of the male tendency to believe that any victory is due to superior force of arms. It will make it hard for the Knight to figure out that he was set up for a later fight - the one that really matters. The shinobi also seemed to know that the knight would not kill a helpless opponent. Tough to be a good guy; you're too predictable.

Meanwhile, the Lord behind all this is nicely drawn as a smug, self-satisfied SOB. Maybe the shiobi can be turned?

Too bad about James, but canon is canon - especially when you've already taken great liberties with it by introducing the Knight. It was the right thing do with him, even if I do hate seeing Liam Neeson death scenes.
cally777 chapter 13 . 3/6/2012
Continues intriguing with the Shinobi, but mostly I was interested in Knight's anti-drugs attitude. It fits right in with his holy paladin image, but in cold fact drugs are an advantage which the game designers make it hard to ignore. Considering they can increase/decrease damage by a whopping percentage, greatly increase your ROF and boost your stats at significant moments you'd be crazy to ignore them. Especially as the downsides are minimal. (Addicted? see a doc!)

That said, like Knight in real life I'm not wed to the idea of sticking needles in myself and ingesting strange substances!
tedsini chapter 13 . 3/6/2012
I'm anticipating the eventual showdown between the Knight and Shinobi, but it seems that this is the opening act rather than the finale. You've revealed more of the person pulling Shinobi's strings (and the Enclave's as well), but I'd be careful to keep a few cards in my hand. Keep an air of mystery in the plot until the very end. As a reader, I want to know everything; don't oblige me in this. You have to keep us guessing for a while; at least until the "pawns" clear the board.

The Knights relationship with Kess is going nicely. I see them establishing trust and respect at this point. Not the easiest thing in a post-apocalyptic world. I'm not sure where James is heading as a character yet. I seldom see fanfic authors develop him; maybe because he has a pretty complete story arc in the game already. He might have something to say to Knight, though. He is a older guy who's been through a lot and come out of it OK.

Your writing is getting better technically as you continue with this story. I hope you are able to work college into your life. It's hard to support yourself and get an education at the same time. You've served your country (and I thank you for that) so I hope the GI benefits help you pull that off. Good luck, and keep writing.
Drexal15 chapter 13 . 3/5/2012
Yarr this is a very good story
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »