Reviews for The Truth of It
Authoress of Evil chapter 8 . 7/3/2011
Craaaaaaaaaaaaap.

Dang, this is... this is just... ugh, where'd my words go? I can't find the proper ones. I mean, well, wow. Like, double wow. Wow with a side of wow, and some wow in the middle, with wow as the main course?

I'm trying to figure out a good place to start in the actual review, but my speechlessness is rendering me nearly incapable of speech...

Okay, I've got it! I am intrigued by the concept of him having voices, presumably the voices of his many victims, screaming in his head at all times, sometimes quieter, sometimes louder. It makes sense, perfect sense, and I doubt they ever went away.

I'm also fairly ticked off at Buffy. I mean, stake herself alive rather than become a vampire? It's totally in character for her, but she's been listening to Spike declaring his all encompassing love for her for hours - well, I'm guessing hours... it seems like hours - and you'd think that might make her pause for a second. Try to reason with him a little bit more... Still, knowing Buffy, I could see her taking this option. Maybe I'm just ticked off by the cliffhanger. :)

I like how he describes his first kill as the one he regrets the most, not because she was a little girl, but because she was his first kill. It's an interesting concept... What they regret most. And the answer suits Spike. I can imagine that he probably would regret the thing that started it all, sending him spiralling into the realm of those known as "killers."

Also, the idea he said about whether or not souls really matter, or if they even really exist at all, or if they were just something people made up: it's a very intriguing notion. I mean, it's like, what if they didn't? What if it was all in their heads? What would that say for the Angel/Angelus deal... Heck, that could be explained away as some SERIOUS dissociative identity disorder, because, let's face it, Angel and Angelus are absolutely nothing alike. Spike didn't change much. If there were no souls, than Spike would have just felt bad about what he did because he thought he was supposed to - or maybe it tapped into old feelings of humanity. Heck, he had already felt bad about what he almost did to Buffy! It's just something to think about...

No matter, point is, this is a very thought-provoking story, an INTENSE character study into Spike, and a great read! Can't wait to see where you take it! And thanks for mentioning my previous review! It's good to know my review - as well as that other person's - made you happy! :)
sagoscomoli chapter 7 . 6/29/2011
This is absolutely haunting...and fascinating. Since the story hasn't been set as "complete," I hope there's more to come. Such an interesting twist that still seems to hold true for a very complicated character.
Authoress of Evil chapter 7 . 6/24/2011
Wow... this is wicked messed up, but beautiful somehow... like... it's hard to describe... kind of one of those things that's just... hauntingly beautiful. The entirety of this story... It's one of those things where, while this might not be my preferred choice of what I think was running through his head throughout the series, it certainly is one of more... I can't even think of the right words for this... but it just...

Ugh, you know what I"m talking about, you WROTE it, after all. I'm just, horribly fascinated with what you're doing with this? Yeah, I think that works best...

Out of curiousity, which one of the things that James Marsters said? Because, he's quite the amazing actor, and he's said quite a few things, and I'm curious...
slayertwo2002 chapter 6 . 6/10/2011
Please update soon. I am truly loving this story
Alicia chapter 6 . 6/10/2011
Please please please update soon. This is the most awesome story I have read in awhile and I'm always looking for new spuffy fics :)
storm-brain chapter 6 . 6/9/2011
I didn't get very far in the S8 books. I could tell almost right away that all the characters were going to hell, and the plot made no sense anymore. With the Dawn randomly changing form, and Buffy sleeping with a girl who loves her (hello, I thought she'd learned from the Spike situation?) and hints of Wuffy sexual tension (wtf?) and Warren being alive and... it reads like a collection of very bad fanfictions, to be honest.

I saw season five of Angel before I saw any Buffy, and I started liking Spike then. But yeah, looking back... the same way Becoming pt. 2 would have more emotional pull if Angel had just stayed dead where he belonged, I feel like Spike dying might have been a better end for him. That beign said, the only episodes of Angel I ever rewatch are the Spike ones ("Now I'm just a biiig fluffy puppy with bad teeth...") So. I don't know.
rhain572 chapter 6 . 6/9/2011
I needed to review this, but I don't know quite what to say. This is quite possibly the most perfect thing I have read on this site. Dark, and dramatic, and oh so THERE in Spikes head. Just ... Keep going.
crimsonlove4evr chapter 5 . 6/4/2011
I love this story. It's dark and its twisted, just the way a vampire should be. I can't wait to see where this will end up.
storm-brain chapter 5 . 6/3/2011
Okay... how does this not have any reviews?

Well. I read the last four chapters, and didn't review, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.

Anyway.

Can I just say that I love this? It's in character and creepy and beautifully written.

And I'd leave a more coherent review if it wasn't aproaching midnight. Sigh.

Did he lose his soul or somethin'?
24 | « Prev Page 1 2