Reviews for The Absence of Happiness
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I really loved this. I love how you fit all of this into canon so seamlessly! Bravo!
angym chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
As usual this is a hit!
pezzyaltoid chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Lovely piece, Djinn. I think you set the bar for the Spock-Chapel dynamic. I've always liked your interpretation of Chapel. She's not the whiny, lovesick, useless woman as she is usually portrayed. She's a strong, determined woman who knows what she wants and knows that she is perfectly capable of achieving what ever goal that she sets for herself.

Thank you for another interesting read.

- -isobel
celticmusebooks chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I'm so happy when you return to your Spock/Chapel roots. This was a deep, intelligent character driven piece and I loved it.
LilahKat chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I love this. I went into it a little trepidicious about the ending. However, wow... It was so true to character. I love how you turned the tables and made Spock the one willing to go there (which makes sense when you're the one who can die from not mating - having a female want you would be a good thing), and Christine not be.

I love the fact that Saavik was close to Christine in this, Chris being her surrogate mom. And how perceptive she was about Christine and Spock and how she had a little of the kid who wants her parents together thing going.

The ending rocked. I loved how it ended on a happier note. Yes, this was a very awesome fic. Thank you SO much.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
OMG! I love your stories, and I am so amazed that you are back here on fanfiction. I think that Chapel's biggest problem was not the series but what fanfiction writers betray her as...weak, silly..etc. But you bring out some of the characteristic that were merely touched on in the series and expound on them. Bravo, for another great read.