Reviews for What They Needed
Sailor Pandabear chapter 5 . 4/5/2014
nice
Silvara chapter 5 . 10/19/2011
By error, I commented chapter 3 with a review destined for chapter 4.

"He had seen it so many times – Program and Iso – trying past hope to pull a loved one from the brink. Sometimes, it would drag them both under, as they joined each other in the void."

And: "If there are no Users, then I will fight for her ... his circuitry burned again, this time with indescribable compassion and longing."

Wow! I- it was just grand. I don't know what exactly it was but it seemed glorious and strong and sweet and strangely not so digital. Or maybe conveniently digital? Anyway, if it will be you canon, ok, I buy it.

After reading this and getting used to the state of your Grid, I can't help but be reminded of DawningStar's Quarantine and Recompiling, and, as An "Alan1 believer" - X) - I would of course, which to get to read something like your version of 's Return. But whishing is wishing and I don't know If you'll accept requests. (besidesIstillhavetoread and stop letting myself getting distracted by Portal 2, glitchit!)

PS: all so me says, still not nuff Alan-1 pivot arrays into dah story.
Silvara chapter 3 . 10/19/2011
"she thought she would blue-screen from the isolation" ... says my fellow windowsian. To my amateur delight, I noticed others little technical funny quirks/winks/puns/details soft-wired into programming lore - If ever that grammatically means anything ; and well that's always welcome.

By know, as I became convinced that I can trust your writing in technical IT, I am also impressed by you feminine portraying of Yori. Granted, she's not a woman but a program. But even through. She was still very nice. Wouldn't mind meeting her. :)
Silvara chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
Yes! I finally read it all! (despite the many, huge distractions that tried to prevent me to)

And I find that I like it prettily grandly. :D

"the situation would be comic if it weren't also so painful" Portal quote?

"The Isos were going to make Programs obsolete."

Maybe for a basic, for Yori, Clu's independent mind, will and determination are User-like, but I'm not sure Clu would be able to think so far. In fact, if he believed Isos were better than programs, wouldn't he have broke his programming by de-rezzing even more perfect programs than basics? He's just a program after all. I don't know, just a thought; contradict me. (To celebrate this story's completion - or actually my late late read completion of this story - I herby challenge you into more rounds of geeky PM debates of impossible lengths. :P)
Sylver chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
My eyes... they sting of tears... D'x This was so beautiful...
DawningStar chapter 5 . 5/25/2011
Beautiful!

Thank you so much for bringing Yori to the Grid in a believable way. :) I really loved reading this, all the way through. Is it too early to ask about a sequel?
SpookShadowblitz chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
Excellent story. Very detailed and having originality as well. I think it brought a tear to my eye in the end, but of the Tron cannon pairings, this will always be the strongest

Good work
Silvara chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
It begins interestingly enough, and the writing is nice.

But to be honest one thing stopped me to the point that it was difficult to continue; the iso "child".

...A...child?

I'll go on still, if only to see what's up, and...ok, trust is I am greatly motivated by the mention of Alan1. X) Heh.

Yup. Until chapter 2!