Reviews for You Don't Say
SovieMaple chapter 1 . 12/3
I feel like Alice has more spine in her little finger (Yes, I know what that means) than Lily has in her whole body. If you were to rewrite this, please make her strong (mentally). James is kind of a Marty Stu (When a character has the world revolve around them) because Lily always forgives him, no matter what he does. And he knows this, too. I like his character, but he has easliy become a bratty Marty Stu because Lily keeps forgiving him. It’s like, “Oh, hey Jim, I heard the Lily and James had another fight. Bet it takes 3 days till she comes running back to him and blames everything on herself even though she did nothing wrong.” “Joe, you have too much faith. I’ll bet £200 pounds that it’ll be 2 days!” John:”Aww come on guys! Those are suckers bets! 1 day, tops.” Obviously, John wins. It’s as though Lily can’t function without him. She’s all like “Oh, Alice, but I’m in love. I just can’t hate him even when he is a total asshole.” You made her so naive, (Especially compared to everyone else, when she didn’t realize it was a tripping jonx in the duel- I thought she was supposed to be the brightest witch of her age!) and so much like a damsel in distress, that the story repeats itself. Don’t get me wrong, I thought the story was great- at first. But I was really hoping that she would stand up for herself and that James would learn something. But I honestly didn’t see any character evolution, and no message, except that you have to keep waiting till something good happens to you. I just can’t see the woman who stood up to Lord Voldemort, defiant in the face of death, the woman who sacrificed herself for her child, as someone who can’t stand up to a young boy atleast once.
genevieveyoung chapter 27 . 10/4
I haven't been feeling canon fics for a while, but this one totally pulled me out my slump. This was so good; I really really enjoyed it!
PadfootAndProngsMarauders chapter 1 . 9/27
I love this! This story, is THEE best Jily fanfiction Ever! I swear it made me squeal in delight every sentence!
RadioEyes chapter 27 . 8/23
I'm usually a "read and run" type of person, but I enjoyed this James a lot more than others! the mask and everything. you clearly showed it through Lily's eyes very well and I thought that was exceptional! even at one point, I was annoyed with the 2D Lily, but I thought it was rather genuine. Most people don't see themselves as 3D as others, and may feel washed out when talking about themselves or thinking about themselves. but you really had to pay attention to the text in order to see that she was a strong individual who did her best to conceal her emotions and thoughts as well. This definitely made my top 3!
Loved it!
Misha G chapter 7 . 2/9
I 100% support the pathetic fangirl title- everything about this ship makes me want to jump up and down like a 6 yr old on sugar. This story is all about my favorite trope, and I'm so enjoying every bit of it!

Thank you for writing!
Misha G chapter 1 . 2/8
Hello! I just wanted to say that this story is really unlike everything I've ever read in regards to the characterization of James. I like the playfulness mixed with the utter boyish confusion of "hfs I like her what do", the spoiled "my toy" mentality. And then this adult like protectiveness. It doesn't sound like it would mix, but you write it very, very well! I really enjoyed it. Thank you for writing :)
Alex Leigh chapter 27 . 12/29/2016
Very good story, I enjoyed it.

Is this really the end? It's the last chapter, and the story is marked as complete... but I feel like it's not over.

Checked your profile, you seem to have disappeared in 2011... Damn...
Alex Leigh chapter 18 . 12/29/2016
"unvoldify" omfg, "unvoldify".

Literally cried a little when I tried not to laugh at that.
valentinagabrielle chapter 4 . 12/5/2016
Does Lily hates herself? Because James treats her like shit most of the time, and just let it slide. I'm a Jily fan, bit I hate this spineless Lily that you portaited.
valentinagabrielle chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
Hey, I have a questionar: how is Lily, physically? Is ahe tall or short? Thin or chubby? Her face is round or Sharp...?
Anonymous chapter 3 . 11/25/2016
I don't know if you've ever read a mills and boon novel but this sounds exactly like one, where the guy is depicted as a good looking asshole who can get away with anything just because of his looks and his money and influence, and the girl is just a meak poor soul who keeps giving in to the asshole because of their undeniable chemistry... i started liking this fic at first.. thought it was well written and interesting up until james was asked to spend the night and then all that transpired did.
i think you're a very good writter.. and you can do wonders with a pen but i couldn't stand the characterizations of these two characters in this fic.
giuuls chapter 10 . 10/17/2016
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, this is not personal, but this is just one of the many old-ish Jily ff that romanticises a lot of abusive traits (mostly in James's behaviour) and I think this needs to be addressed at least in the reviews, bc someone could read this work and think their relationship in this ff is healthy. For example: are you aware that every time James is mocking/hurtful and straightforward abusive (like the many times he kissed her without her consent) forwards Lily she "can't help but laugh/giggle" and promptly forgives him? Their relationship in this story is not healthy, and really out of character: it's a disservice towards James to make him an abusive person, and towards Lily to make her a subdued character unable to stand up for herself. I'm again sorry if this comes out harsh, but honestly, I know I would have found this ff cute and romantic when I was 15, but now I also know that I really could have used someone telling me that this behaviour is neither cute nor romantic at all.
cmon james chapter 15 . 10/4/2016
i absolutely love your story and everything about it but could you stand to make lily just a bit stronger (i don't mean physically)? I love james as much as the next potterhead but seeing Lily getting mocked by him then comforted, and she never gets tired or really stands up for herself? she just sort of lets him hurt her? and right after what I assume is the soul crushing death of her dad, he just sorta ruffles her hair and she's okay? I'm sorry that was just bothering me. I love your story for reals. xx
Me chapter 27 . 9/24/2016