Reviews for Breathing Easy
seeleyboothfan chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
This is exactly what I wanted and needed for this episode.
Princess Ducky chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
How on earth does your story only have 10 reviews? This is the best portrayal of Prom Queen, and Klaine, that I've seen.

You stay so true to the characters. Not overusing the sweet terms of endearments like 'Baby' that so many other stories seem to use.

The second chapter, and the scene with Kurt and Blaine and Burt was AMAZING! I actually consider this to be very close to canon.

This paragraph

"They sat like that for several long moments, neither acknowledging Burt's presence. Burt stood watching, feeling like a voyeur and yet not able to look away from the sadness emanating from his son and the caring way Blaine was holding him."

and this one

"Burt's heart broke at the sight of his son so sad, at the way he held so tightly to the other boy. More than anything and anyone, he loved his son and his heart was inexorably tied to Kurt's happiness. Burt hadn't realized the depths of Kurt's insecurities, of his fear. His son had hidden it all so well behind his fashionable clothes, well-kept manner, and witty and sometimes acerbic comments. But it was Blaine who pushed the pieces of his heart together with the caring that he heard in the young man's voice, and the sight of someone so obviously adoring of his son. He found himself thankful for the young man, thankful there was someone else in Kurt's life that could and would love him."

also this one from the first chapter (I admit to re-reading this part multiple times while reading this again, I loved it so much)

Tina and Mercedes rounded the corner, followed by Puck, Lauren, and Mike. Having watched Quinn and Santana storm off-stage, and Rachel and Brittany follow them, they had come together to see what they could do. They decided to find Kurt, to make sure he was okay. But when they saw the two boys together, saw how tightly Blaine held Kurt, and heard such soothing and loving words coming from Blaine, they halted their approach. And seeing Kurt so desperately clinging to Blaine, they looked at each other and, not wanting to interrupt, they silently retreated.

Really spoke to me. This, in a heartbeat, is Klaine and the perfect characterisation of Burt. It just has that essence of Glee, combined with the realism and /emotion/ that, at times, I feel the show lacks. It has the same, I don't know the word, epicness(?) that the sex talk between Kurt and Burt on the show had. This was amazing.

If I could offer any con-crit, it would be that the last bit in the first chapter, with the ND singing and dancing with Klaine, felt very unrealistic, I think that ND wouldn't have felt as comfortable doing that (although the wedding in Furt does prove me wrong), but it felt, I don't know, less... um... just, less compared to the rest, but only by a minor part.

I really regret having this on my favourites for so long and not having reviewed before. This story deserved a hell of a lot more recognition that it's got, and I will definitely recommend it to any author or friend I know that reads Klaine fanfic.

Thank you, so so much, for writing this,

Princess Ducky

(This story is so good, I've attempted to add it to my favourites about 5 times in the past fortnight alone :P)
kurtcoblaine-klainetrain chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
goodness. this fic just reminds how good Kurt and Blaine are for each other.

this was well written
NeverTooOldToBeNerdy chapter 2 . 6/6/2011
Great job. It's relatively easy to capture the essence of Blaine and Kurt. The actors in the show are so talented at conveying their inner life, the characters are so clearly written, and most of us can at least imagine (or remember) the joys and pangs of teen love and life's struggles. What I admire is the way you have truly captured what I have always called "Burtness". Kurt's father is so well written here, it's almost like a continuation of the show. Are you sure you don't have one or all of RIB trapped in your closet giving you hints? I'm smiling and crying at the same time here, lucky it's dark and I closed the blinds earlier.

I also liked the banter as they tossed the crown around - nice touch!
Marie King chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
Wow! What a lovely extension of the Prom Queen episode. I loved all the Klaine fluff! So amazing! Please think about writing more Klaine fan fiction you are really GOOD!
HPJellicleCat chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
I am honestly in awe of the beauty of this piece of writing. It was absolutely PHENOMENAL. I applaud you.
ILLK chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
I was surprised I hadn't read this before but this was really good! Kurt and Blaine seemed so solid here and I just love how easy they are with each other. And of course, Burt was wonderfully written.
rabbitheart444 chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
this is so beautiful. well done.
katiek723 chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
very cute.
Number1KurtHummelFan chapter 2 . 5/24/2011
I'm actually crying.
A.E.Snooks chapter 2 . 5/24/2011
This was just absolutely beautiful. I loved reading every minute of it.

~LoTuS
Queen of Cliffies chapter 2 . 5/24/2011
Not only was that well written and fairly consistant with narrative point of view, but it was also one of the sweetest/cutest Klaine stories I've ever read. It was absolutely adorable and I feel like you captured their characters very well. Keep it up!

To sum things up: It made me happy!