Reviews for Standing on the Edge of Forever
Cassy27 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Such a touching story. I kinda figured merlin wouldn't jump, but I still was on the edge of my seat anyway! It was very nice to see Arthur very worried for Merlin. Can't wait for an update!
Anon chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
My reaction whenever you post a new story usually involves an embarrassing amount of squealing with excitement (and usually that's before I even read it). You never fail to make me laugh or cry or whatever it is you want to accomplish. I've been looking for a story like this for a long time, and as always, you've written it better than I'd ever imagined. PLEASE continue writing amazing stories like this, they never fail to make my day :)
DragonflyonBreak chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Wow. That was a very interesting story. Not that I don't like it cause I do. It just made you think. I really liked the interaction between Arthur and Merlin. Just the way they were speaking really fit the story, it made you see it both ways. Arthur's way, and Merlin's way. It was very good! Great job!
Blink XXVII chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I. Love. This. Story. I think this 'suicidal' Merlin is really cool, and I like how he is trying to figure out what the one sorcerer was thining as he jumped. I especially love the fact that Arthur is so concerned about him...not that he wouldnt't normally be haha

I can't wait to read the rest! Please update soon )
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Oh, I LIKE this one! We haven't seen many sorcerors being executed in Camelot recently, but they have still touched on chasing those who are magically inclined (or accused of being so). I always do wonder how Merlin would feel every time a sorceror was executed/killed, and how many of them actually were practicing magic.

And I'd really like to see this in ths show! (Though they wouldn't be able to show/speak the thoughts with quite the same impact... too bad)

I liked this because it was a contemplative fic, but it wasn't overly long or too deep. Yes, there was a little angst, but you didn't go over the top, and I applaud you for that, it's all too easy to go into too much detail with these types of fics.
noreallyidontcare chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Wow I can honestly say I haven't read a Merlin Fic like this yet. It was really quite good. Very sad though, the aspect of suicide.. And it would be fitting, suicidal feelings for Merlin as it fits into one of the three categories for suicide.. I'm glad Arthur talked Merlin out of it.
toridoki chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
ooh this made me all jittery and angsty, well written i could sympathise with the both of them.
Rinerion chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
So, you've written a Merlin who is crazy powerful, a Merlin who is hilarious and somewhat immature, a Merlin who needs saving, etc., but this is by far my favorite of your Merlins. There is something entirely human about him here, which is an aspect of Merlin that seems to get overlooked a lot. Also, you have had him be saved and do the saving, but I really love Arthur and Merlin just mentally/of-course-not-emotionally-because-men-don't-do-that interacting at a time when one or the other really needs it. We get Merlin being their for Arthur in the show, so it was nice to see the other side of things here.

As always, your characterizations are spot on for the situation you put them in. Arthur being concerned and only really knowing how to express that by yelling after the fact, and Merlin not really knowing his own mind were both just perfect.

As a sidenote, mentally messed up Merlin is my headcanon (when you think of what he's done and been done to him, it is really the only possibility), so hooray for more of that!

My only complain was that is wasn't longer, but I think, given the quality, I can overlook that.
Owl Watcher chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Wow. That was intense...but not intense. I don't know what that was! Very well written.
sesshouluver chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Nice! I liked the confusion and the open ending...it was like the readers' decision. Well done!
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I guess it was angsty, but it was also kind of happy because of how obvious it was that Arthur was worried about him. Loved reading it. x
Emachinescat chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Brilliant! Angsty and beautifully written! Really thought provoking, too, and you have their characters down perfectly! Bravo! :) As always, you NEVER fail to disappoint! ;)
Ph0enix-Flyer chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Wow, that was certainly a very good bit of angst.

I can understand why Merlin would sometimes think about 'getting away from it all', considering the sacrifices he's had to make and the burdens he has to carry; it's a wonder the kid hasn't snapped under it all - greater men than him have.

"You've forgotten to clean my boots, and a guard saw – MERLIN!"

I think Arthur just about had kittens right there and for some strange reason, I found it oddly funny, despite there being no humour there. It's odd the way you find moments like that in more melancholy stories.

I can't imagine how he must have been feeling when he saw that: what kind of things must have gone through his mind?

Are you gonna do Arthur's POV at all?

XD :D XD
LeggyLulu chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Interesting... definitely a bit different but I could really understand how Merlin felt, relating to that sorcerer in a way that only Merlin could. Wonder why inspired this, hmm..you climb something super high while camping and became morbid, because heights totally make me feel that way when I'm not cowering in fear and after I get up the courage to appreciate the view. I guess falling off something tall could possibly be one of the least-bad ways to die. Its not drowning or getting stabbed, or going down in a flaming plane for that matter.

See, now I'm being all morbid too haha.

Anyway...I also enjoyed a panicked Arthur. Nice dose of angst!

-LL
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
That was fantastic. A little bit terrifying, but so completely true. Merlin's had to have seen a few executions by now aside from that first one. He mustfeel some sort of bond with them, understand that could be his fate someday. A wonderful look into his head there
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »