Reviews for The Longest Yard
Zana Zira chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
My heart, it hurts! X(

I just rewatched this ep with my mother today (she's still catching up on the show) and I'd forgotten just how heartwrenching Jensen's performance was here. I actually liked Lisa and Ben, even though they kind of clashed with the hunter lifestyle, and I almost started bawling when I saw how broken-up Dean was about losing them. After all he's got to go through now, from this episode and through Season 7, I'm surprised he made it through at all...

Great fic. Truly. I wish there could have been something like this in the show. Then again, if they put in all the H/C moments we wanted, we fanfic writers would have nothing to do! :D
InAwe76 chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
Nova42 chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Really great tag to the episode. Very well written.
Natalie chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
GOSH i wish they'd had this ending in the episode! O_O it's fantastic awesome job!
ForgottenSeptember chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
This... This... Well, I'm at a loss of words. This was amazingly well written.

I remember when watching "Let It Bleed" that first time, I was a wreck, thanks to Jensen's once again breathtaking performance. I seriously was sobbing, feeling so bad for him...

Anyway, your tag is a wonderful continuation. I could actually see the scene, as well as Sam's thoughts. I could feel Dean's overwhelming emotions in your writing as much as Jensen could provide them. I now feel even worse for him though lol

I also love the way you came to Sam's realization that he just had to be Dean's brother, his family, to help him. Although we know now that things only get worse for them afterwards :(

Very in character, and heartbreaking. Yet I loved it so much, thank you!
Zyanya chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Love it...he was so sorrowful and what a wonderful performance...great job..goes to my favs!
Zinfer chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
sooo saadd! i haven't actually watched the episode yet but you did a very good job at bringing out Dean's emotions (and im sure Jensen did. that man could make me cry over anything)

excellent job
smalld1171 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Well written and absolutely wonderful! Thank you! :)
KrizDeanGirl chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
OMG! i love it! sooooo sweet and protective sammy... I love it
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Pretty cool

Cute shorty one! ) Thx for sharing

See ya around, dear

anybody-out-there chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I loved to read your thoughts on that episode. And I do agree with your comment, that ending was so emotional. (I so wanted to give him a hug -but I don't think he would have accepted;)

I've been looking for a tag to the episode (even considered writing one myself), but anyway

I liked how you described (from Sam's POV) Dean's way of dealing. Like this sentence: "The quiet was marked with the sound of Dean convulsively swallowing, like he was trying to keep down whatever grief or heartbreak wanted to bubble up from deep inside of him" Nicely done!

And then Sam's thoughts of what to expect later, like the barrom rage or drunken confession. -Show how much Sam knows his brother.

I also like how, Sam through it all, don't dare look Deans way or approach him. How it almost breakes his own heart to see his brother's heartach, and his respect for Dean's privacy.

So in character of Dean not to say anything after his breakdown, just giving his brother the keys, a silent plea..

And the ending was great, no fuzz or "too sweet" just some realisation from Sam's side, to stay by his brother's side, to not let go, not let Dean go through loosing someone he cares so deeply for ever again.

Thanks for sharing:)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Thanks for sharing your tag with us.

Though I may be one of the few that didn't like Lisa and Ben, I felt sorry for Dean as Jensen turned in another heartbreaking performance. He can say so much with just his eyes.

I enjoyed reading your story and love the final thoughts from Sam. '...there was something he could do to help his brother. It was to simply be there. To be something that Dean didn't have to lose, at least not right then and maybe not ever if he could help it. It was to be his family.'

Thanks again for sharing your story with us.
YankeeFan87 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
yay so excited to see another story from you! loved it, as usual. added to my favs :)
SimplyOut chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Oh my god that ending of the episode was sooo heartbreaking and your story just added to that awesomeness!

I wouldnt mind if you only write about it for the rest of your life LOL jk

you did grrrreat!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Nice. Very in character. Sam comforting Dean in the one way that Dean can probably tolerate right now. Nicely done.