Reviews for To Hell and Back
The Dancing Bard chapter 23 . 4/16/2013
This story hit a big button for me. I went through a period of depression awhile back and alot of the stuff you had Greg dealing with struck a chord with me. Depression is a pretty common trope for fan fiction. There are tons of stories where the main character is hiding their issues 'cos no one understands them. This felt real in a way that those never did. The thing with real depression and not emo angst is that you know you're acting irrationally and you want to stop but you need help. And until you get that help you keep messing up, then feeling guilty for messing up which makes you more depressed in a vicious cycle. You treated Greg's depression in a believable build up without slipping into melodrama.

I believed all the character voices. I felt like I was watching an episode not reading a fan-fic. Some of the transitions were choppy and I think the episode excerpts could have been shorter. I didn't feel like the resolution did true justice to the build up of tension. The conversation with Clark was a great idea and well-played, but I felt cheated in not getting more in reaction from Sam, Spike and Jules. This was a really good story and definitely my favourite Flashpoint fan-fic. Would love to see more in the same universe. Good work.
Kris chapter 23 . 12/11/2012
Realistic.
Hilary Parker chapter 23 . 4/2/2012
I have such a bittersweet feeling of contentment just nOw, as odd as that sounds. I really loved this one. But at the same time I am a bit sad because I have now caught up to you. There is nothing left to read.

I am simply in awe of your ability to weave such amazingly realistic and heartfelt stories full of angst and pain and pathos balanced by hope and love and friendship. Thank you so much for sharing these brilliant stories here.
Hilary Parker chapter 18 . 4/2/2012
POWERFUL! So very powerful, and realistic and I could see it as it played out in my minds eye. I'm just a bit awestruck now!
Hilary Parker chapter 16 . 4/2/2012
Short perhaps, but powerful!

I don't want this one to end and yet I want the 'and back' to start.
Hilary Parker chapter 7 . 4/1/2012
This was really brilliant! The training drills felt very authentic!
Poxifill chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This is my favorite story of yours so much insparation! love how you use the emotions you were soooo right!
Ace Bullets chapter 23 . 6/21/2011
You call that an Author's Note? I've seen longer! :P

Okay, all kidding aside, apologies for taking this long to get around to finally reviewing the last chapter.

I'm glad things got to end on a positive note (even though my poor Wordy is still having to deal with a health crisis).

These characters *do* mesh together, and your story really reflected that. All families have their ups and downs, their fights and their disagreements. But all families also have their moments of forgiveness and reconciliation. Yeah, we know they need to be a 'SWAT' team, but I don't think there's another SWAT team out there with a deeper level of trust that Team One.

Two thumbs up for exemplifying those qualities in them.
jaded chapter 23 . 6/19/2011
Just finished reading this and it was a great fic. Hope to see more similar in the future.
Illyria13 chapter 23 . 6/19/2011
Hmmm...I can see why you might have been a little unhappy with this ending. While not bad (it's actually pretty good), it does seem a little bit rushed, like you'd jumped from being at Ed's house with Clark to all of a sudden back at headquarters. But you did do a good transition with the time passage, i.e. "almost three weeks had passed, three very long, hard weeks." I think I contradicted myself there, sorry, lol. But all in all, it was a good ending for the story. I really liked the beginning interactions with the team, especially the way Greg keeps getting cut off by the entrance of one of the others. Also, I loved the moment where Sam is about to head out to do sprints with the others and they have to remind him that he's just coming off shift; it was just entirely too funny in my head.

I also really liked that you didn't make Greg all of a sudden 100% cured of his drinking and depression. You kept it realistic and the Ed/Greg moments are just awesome.

I'm still sad to see this story go! Definitely your best and I can't wait for more. I see that you posted 2 one-shots very recently that I'm going to need to check out-especially the one with Spike and Dr. Luria. I'm very intrigued!

-Illyria13

P.S. I know I've said it before but I'm saying it again. Thanks for giving me a shout-out in your author notes. It makes me feel appreciated which is always a bonus!
BloodCharm chapter 23 . 6/17/2011
awwwwwww im so sad itd over. BUT YEAH THE REALLY GREG IS BACK! I really liked this story is was well written and it had suspens and drama. I cant help but think that if the team knew about Greg wanting to kill himself they would truely freak out and try to help him with that. And then some how everyone else would find out, then Hollarn would find out and permentaly sideline Greg, we dont want that now do we. Anyway to sum it all up best Flashpoint story I everread! Good job! This story is defenitly going in my favorite!
KiwiHunch chapter 23 . 6/17/2011
I can't say anything...I just cried. It was pure beauty. I started off pretty emotional from me and my sister having the most awkward apology talk, and then I read this and it made my day and I feel better. This was just...Gahh, I'm sitting here wiping my eyes and trying to type at the same time, I was just so...I don't know a good word for "happy" right now, because I know dang well happy doesn't cover any letter of these 23 chapters. Thank you, for writing this and just taking time out of your life ot do all this. It was a fantastic time reading this, and...gah, I gotta cut the ellipses, I know, :) but dang, this is. I can't type anymore. I...dude, just stay awesome. My mom's probably going to be wondering why I'm crying and typing at hte same time, but I just feel so touched almost and the end of this, dude, you just don't know what this did for me. It just made my entire day althought, there's not much of it left. It feels like the last day of school all over again. Happy that you made it through, but sad becasue you don't get to see your friends anymore. I thank you, I really do, you need to get paid for this type of stuff and I wish CBS would read this and do something spectacular with it. I felt like I was apart of the team through-out this story, like I was there, and I relived all of the emotions and the pain, the stress, the comfort. I just finished watching "Fault Lines" again, and it was just nice to come and read a Samtastic ending. I don't think I've have a review as long as this before, but when I have words, believe me, I have them. :D I really hope to see something soon from you again, and, dude, stay awesome. Not that it'll be hard, but just, stay awesome.

KiwiHunch 3
Illyria13 chapter 22 . 6/17/2011
I liked this chapter, as well as the last one, a lot. I think what I liked best in this one was how realistic Greg's fears are. He's afraid of losing the respect of Team One and of losing his job, and this makes sense, because these two things are some of the few good parts of his life right now. They are also probably what has kept him sober for the majority of the past ten years. Being afraid of losing them, then, is definitely something Greg would do. I also loved the scene with Clark and Greg and I'm so happy at how well that turned out. You did fantastic! And again, I appreciate the kudos for the little help that I gave you; it makes me feel better about not getting a lot of writing for myself done lol.

I think one other part that I truly loved in this chapter was the part where Greg keeps chanting to himself "Permanent solution to a temporary problem". For some reason, I could just picture that really well, and I liked how he seemed to be desperately hanging on to those words.

I'd also like to point out (in the last chapter) how you added the little bit with Dr. Luria-I think that was a good idea, and will definitely help when Greg has to tell Hollaran what's going on. It will show that Greg was responsible enough to call somebody for help when he realized that things were becoming a problem. And I'm holding my breath for the awesome team moment that's going to come when Greg finally tells them all what's going on! I'm sure you'll write that amazingly well :)

I'll definitely be sad to see this story end; it's simply magnificent and I was surprised at how much I liked a story that focused on Greg. I look forward to your one-shots (especially Sam! That makes me beyond happy to hear) and I hope you keep writing long stories also. Perhaps another Spike one? Maybe before Lou died so we can have some interactions between them? I find them utterably adorable. And maybe (I know we've talked about this already) you'll branch out into some other fandoms- I think your talent would only add to the small amount of truly awesome stories out there.

As always, can't wait for more!

-Illyria13
tinesy05 chapter 22 . 6/17/2011
Nice. I can sense Greg having a revelation right here with the help of little Izzy and Clark. Nice way to work this in. These have been some awesome chapters.
BloodCharm chapter 22 . 6/17/2011
Awww Clark was so nice to Greg, its was a cute conversation and thats another reason why Greg should get better. He needs to learn that people care about him and stop thinking they'll see him as week. Please update soon