Reviews for Cataclysmic
dietcocacola101 chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
This was amazing. It was so detailed and well-written...and I really *felt* what Sakura was feeling. I almost cried when Naruto and Sasuke died (I don't care much for Sasuke but Naruto is my favorite character) so props for that.

And I never really liked Sakura all that much, either, but this fic totally made me think of her differently.

Anyway, great job on this fic. I love, love, LOVE it. And I've always wanted Lee & Sakura to get together in the end, just because it would be funny.(:
chocovic-chu chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
gosh, vic would be so mean if she didn't leave a review for this heartbreaking fanfic!

but, really, what could vic say? it's more than heartbreaking, it's so enchanting! how the way you pictures sakuchan's sorrow and loss and vic doesn't blame her for being pathetic kisser ...

and leepyon! how vic adores him so much! the way he stayed still beside sakuchan like that makes vic overwhelming ... so nice guy he was T.T

thank you for writing this kind of fanfic ... thank you.
Maria Antonieta chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
ooh, I loved this one! You show the full sadness of Sakura - I could understand her trying to be happy again.
Marrrs chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Wahhh this is too sad! D:
Odelle chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
1234dghgfj chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Although I'm no fan of lee's tht was quite good.

But I'm a big Saku/Shika,Sasu,Kiba,Neji fan!
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
this was really good
Se-chan chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This was absolutely amazing and so, so sad. I'm speechless.
cami03 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012

You got me at the verge of crying.

Hating Sakura? I looovved her in this fic. Is impossible not to, she's just so human and so sad.

And OMG they died! I'm a helpless Sasusaku and that kiss was like D:

I must say that I loved the way you portrayed the LeeSaku relationship.

Though this fic didn't have a happy ending, it was perfect ending, I doubt it could have ended better.

Congratulations :D
AuburnCollision chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
so uhh basically i went into this fic with no expectations but ohmygawd i can't believe you didn't beta this-because either way it turned out strangely, surprisingly, and woefully beautiful.

so i'll start with shikamaru and work myself chronologically through.

basically, shikamaru being the first kind of represents sakura's entrance into this, uh, "different world" - and it's fitting since shikamaru seems to radiate this very "old and wise" characterization. so i thought these lines were especially powerful and fitting with their relationship.

"Some girls – like Ino – are at their best when happy. Ino sparkles and beams and laughs like sunshine is spilling right out of her. Sakura droops and wilts and withers right before her eyes.

But Sakura is a girl who looks most beautiful when she's sad."

you don't just write off Ino was a /whatever/ character (because ohmygoodness so many people do that and i'm a huge shikaino shipper and ok i'll stop now before this turns into a convoluted mess of unprofessionalism and whatever opinions LOL) and yet, this illustrates sakura so so so perfectly.

but wait, i am completely missing the big picture in this scene. because shikamaru /runs/ away from her. which can mean one of two things (which you've pretty much pointed out, but i'd like to go in depth a little more in this review): he's deathly afraid that you won't be able to resist her, and he's afraid of falling. i mean, everyone loves a pretty girl, but when she's broken at the same time? that's just a load of responsibility. and responsibility? well, that sucks. really, /really/ sucks. i mean, don't be fooled by the pink-hair and green eyes; sakura is freaking damaged, and everyone is scared of hurting and breaking the damaged girl.

and now-kiba. just oh my god the way you segue from one relationship to the next is just so perfect and breathtaking (for the lack of a better word). i've never noticed the naruto/kiba similarities before but now that i have, just makes so much sense and you put so much thought into every single line, it really puts a huge smile on my face. and their intimacy? so perfect/i can totally see kiba asking her those questions.

and the way you use the right syntax just effectively underscores his character/his character's similarities with naruto.

and neji. so basically, sakura's breaking point. which is also illustrated so great. for once, we see the konoha rookies together in a normal setting and haha i can totally relate. major beer goggles, apparently. except, i can kind of see what sakura is coming from. this scene just further shows her ability/or lack thereof to cope with the stress of uchiha sasuke and whatnot, and how she attempts to divert her attention to other things, mainly boys.

to take away the pain. but this is the kind of thing that ends up being inevitable. and the crying at the end? totally embarrassing, but at the same time, so fitting and so right for sakura that i probably wouldn't see it any other way.

and omg naruto. this just /screams/ naruto. and something about it is just despairingly sad. because i think most of us want sakura to end up with him-it's just that there's too much guilt and issues with their relationship for it to ever happen /right/.

"He can't think of one other person that has loved Haruno Sakura like he has."

and yeah, i pretty much thought the same thing. poor naruto.

but the war. i'm not going to lie, the last section made me cry a little (omg this is so embarrassing LOL) the way sasuke keeps repeating sakura's name-and the way he keeps telling her to /stop/ just underscores every feeling i have about this pairing to the bits of me. jesus, this part is just so...beautiful and i honestly think you couldn't have done it any other way. it is just perfect the way it is-the romance is subtle and not overwhelming and we finally get the gratification of seeing sasuke and sakura, but kind of without the onesided pointless romance that they used to have.

and naruto. it's just so sad that she's losing everyone she loves; imo, just kind of shows that nothing is permanent, and she needs to understand that she can no longer divert her attention to other physical means in order to distract herself. she's hurt other boys; and this is just kind of like retribution/karma (but geez i really feel for this girl. losing sasuke /and/ naruto is definitely her tipping point and /def def def/ changes her for good)

but wait. i am, again, missing the entire point of this fic.

LEE. i think you did a fantastic job making this a leesaku pairing. it's grossly underrated and of course, he's always there when sakura is down in the dumps, where we see time and time again in the anime/manga. but you've illustrated this part effectively in this one shot, which is really impressive! you've made lee lovable and NOT overbearing (which is what a lot of people do..again) and the sakura-san vs sakura thing is in character and i really appreciate how you included that throughout the portion of this entire one shot.

and the kisses. okay, the kissing is obviously a huge metaphor in this fic that i think you've already gone in depth about. it's sakura's way of coping with pain. it's her way of distracting herself. it's a physical means, but it only brings an emotional pain to both parties. the kisses are longing and sadness, which is painfully ironic because kissing is usually supposed to be about happiness and love.

but sakura is not /that/ kind of girl. and that way you characterize her is absolutely beautiful. because she has been through way too much to be enjoying these random kisses on the sidelines. really, this fic could've turned out to be really awful but /you/ made it work so well, and /you/ made every single scene in this oneshot absolutely breathtaking and believable. i can actually see these things happening and you give every single character justice. which is just ohmygod so amazing. and i have to say (and i promise you, i NEVER say this), this is one of my favorite naruto oneshots of all time and i legit can not think of this being executed any other way.

but okay this'll be my last point (i know this is getting annoyingly long): I LOVE HOW YOU USED PRESENT TENSE. sakura is living in /the now/ and doesn't think about how her actions affect her future dispositions. she's doing these things without thought and they only hurt her in the end. from the beginning with shikamaru's kiss to her kiss with naruto, she isn't quite grasping the concept of the very obvious pain she'll be inflicting upon herself; you did a wonderful job of choosing present tense and i'm /sososososo/ glad you did that because so many authors just underrate using that...but yeah. okay. i'll stop now.

okay, this review is longer than, uh, my usual reviews. so yeah, feel special ;) haha i'm just kidding. alright, happy writing! & much love!
Escarlatina chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Someone recommended me this fic. I didn't really know what to expect, since they didn't tell me much about it.

It was beautiful, Naruto's and Sasuke's death really made me cry. This fic was amazing, thank you for sharing this.
mililli chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Wow, really enjoyed this!
Ky-lassassin chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
i've read this like twenty times by now so i figured it was time i reviewed it.

i'm actually a little bit obsessed with this; the way you write is absolutely breathtaking, and i love how lee is present in some way for every kiss (or post-kiss) and how the kiss with shikamaru keeps coming back. if i had to pick, i think the team seven/sasuke scene is my favorite because it made me cry a little, with the shikamaru scene as a very close second - something about the way you wrote it is so simple but very beautiful (and for some reason, i love the line "But Shikamaru is even smarter than she is..."). i would have liked to see more of neji's thoughts/feelings or a moment between just him and sakura, because out of all of the reactions to kisses, his was the one i understood the least. for the naruto scene, i don't really know how to explain my feelings about it - i liked it, but more than that, i felt all the emotions that naruto and sakura felt and it was kind of weird but in a really good way, and that's why i liked it. amazing story. (:
refracted chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
"With his last breath on earth, Sasuke kisses Sakura. With his final look at her tearstained face, he thinks, maybe, if something (everything) had been different, he would have loved her, too."

Yeah, that line got me.
stfuSPARKS chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Wow, this is so hauntingly beautiful. Love it.
92 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »