Reviews for Perfect Flaw
Wow, I didn't need my heart or anything. Thanks.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
So yeah, this is pretty much just straight up amazing.
Queen Serenity chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
Not sure if you know about the new pairing feature, but you should consider marking this as a pairing between Loki and Sif so that people looking for fics with a pairing like that will find your story to read. :)
Sajna18 chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Very very good! You should definitely write a sequel!
A shade of grey91 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
this coupling needs to be more popular, these two are perfect together! And you just made them seem even more so, Amazing work!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Loved this. I think you did a great job. I really like your writing style. Everything flowed very nicely. The last line was a great way to end this fic. Hope to read more from you soon!
Sepsis chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
God, I was only reading the first partzs and already know that I am going to love this story and the way youre writing. ;) How Loki knows why his father was so vague in telling them that one of them would be king and how he sees that he wasnt meant with Odins words. :(

"He tried to make an effort, to be better, without being conscious of what being better truly meant, without being conscious that there was nothing about him that he should improve, without being conscious that he was not the only flawed being in Asgard."

And this part was so true. :( How his feelings and thoughts changed, everything makes so much sense. And god, I loved the way he was talking about perfection and then about sif because they are the same for him. :) Beautiful idea!

"She was perfection incarnate. He knew he could not have her, but he was fine with it, because no one could. For once, there was no one to be jealous of."

Oh wow! That part was just brilliant, I tell you! :)

And how Loki thinks that everything he desires is something he will never have and of course it would hurt him even more because Thor would be able to have it. Probably without trying to get it.

God, and I love how you are comparing the brothers!

"And as his older brother defeated one man after the other, Loki learned how to make things appear from out of nowhere, and how to make them vanish into thin air. By the time Thor became one of the greatest warriors in Asgard, Loki had mastered the art of how to make himself disappear."

This part was amazing! :) I really liked it!

"It was indecorous, it was outrageous, it was strange, and it was interesting."

I also really liked it how he thought of Sif watching the others fight. :) And of course Sif would react like that, wow! I loved how she hit him because she wanted to test if he was a warrior? Or did she just want to find out if he was allowed to be in the same garden? ;)

I loved it how Loki didnt say that she was a girl and shouldnt be a fighter. He didnt say what Sif was probably used to hear the whole time.

"'Don't twist my words to your advantage,' Sif said. 'Thor warned me about that, he says you do it all the time.' Loki smiled; whether it was with pride, or with simple amusement, he did not know. 'He would know about that."

God, youre writing him soo good! And I really can imagine that he would tell Thor about her becaue he knew that maybe then she would get a chance to prove herself. :)

"The day Sif entered the training grounds as a warrior for the first time, Loki took a seat next to Thor, and for once he did not leave."

I LOVE this sentence. :) Because he normally leaves but he want to see Sif and is interested in everything she does.

"She was fierce and beautiful and she was the exception to the rule, the only one who made everyone turn around – and as much as he hated it, Loki was always the first to turn her way."

haha, and of course that would annoy him. ;)

"'And that not telling me is just one of your ways of entertaining yourself, one of your tricks to see how quickly I get the impulse of punching you.' 'To be exact, I am trying to see how long it takes you to actually punch me,' he sneered. 'Your reflexes have become slower since the first time we met.'"

brilliant, really! ;) And his reason fo angering her like that, because this is the only time she really looks at him. Wow!

I liked it how you described tht Loki sees everything and wanted to welcome the others back from their battle but that he doesnt do it. :( That sounds like him, I guess.

Oh god! and the part where he actually tals to his mother like that! Not only that she sees whats on his mind and what he feels but that she wants him to try to tell it to Sif. God and his answer. :( I guess shes the only one who would get such an honest answer out of him. :(

I also love how Loki compares Sif to him. Because hes so right here. They both try to hide their emotions and everything because they dont want others to see. They dont want to appear weak. :(

"Loki knew that she was alone because she did not want to be seen, but he also knew that deep down, being alone was not what she wanted now."

maybe because he knows that he himself wouldnt want to be alone then?

"There is something in your eyes that makes me uncomfortable. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I just want to punch you and see if it will go away.' There was a pause; another sniff. 'It makes me feel guilty.'"

God, I loved that. :) Because its so true and I can understand what she means! :)

"Loki thought he was unwanted, but he had never heard it from her. He was still too afraid to ask, but maybe he did not need to."

God, I am so glad that he said to her that he was able to see her. :) And I really hope that this wont end sadly? Though it would be realistic, I guess, bu.. Aww, I still hope it..;)

Oh wow.. The end was really perfect and I really liked it, anway. :)
queen-of-anarchy chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
this was beautiful. the pain loki feels to not being good enough was so well captured here, sif's need to be a warrior shines brightly and that pinch of desire to have her acknowledge him was so desperate, it was perfect. the way you manage to make two gods behave and feel human was astounding.
ladyvader99 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
the only way this could have been better is if it got smutty. i looooved the tease of feelings between sif and loki. great job and hopefully, HOPEFULLY you'll continue it somehow someway?
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
That was beautiful! A very well-written piece! :D And yes there was certainly an odd chemistry thingy between the two of them...hmm. Maybe we will see more of it in Thor 2. :)
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Oh, this is just perfection, Hoodie! It took me a while to finally read this story and all I can say is: Why have I been waiting to do so for so long?

You re-invented the story of Loki, Sif and Thor, and I absolutely love your vision. It is insightful and it feels very real; like an authentic behind-the-scenes look at the implied (and in the sagas, delightfully true) love triangle.

Before I focus on reviewing the story, I'd just like to point out how I love your writing. The language you use is rich and smooth, very descriptive, quite lyrical at times, and it expresses everything that needs to be said. Yours is the type of writing I like best. It's direct, yet it shows, doesn't just tell. You have a great writing style, truly.

Moving on -

Your characterisation of Loki, Sif and Thor is flawless. You capture them by describing the way they move, gesture, speak - you incorporated all the necessary components into their portrayal. I love how you juxtapose them, especially Thor and Loki: you show Thor as a man of action, and Loki as a thinker, a strategist. I especially loved the fact that you COMPARED Loki and Sif. That was very cleverly done. They ARE alike, but this is easy to overlook. We often see what's obvious, but you digged deeper and the truth is, Sif and Loki are very much alike and although she shares Thor's ideals, her connection to Loki is just as strong, for they share scars, fears, insecurities and that which they must not desire. That, in my eyes, makes them more alike than Sif and Thor because the bond between Sif and Loki is more complex, deeper and more mysterious.

I just love you for showing that. Freaking love you!

I so enjoyed the first meeting between Sif and Loki! It was not formal and it immediately bonded them, whether they expected/wanted it or not because it made them share a secret right there and then. I liked Sif's courage and directness, and Loki's elegant, inquisitive demeanour.

Sif punching Loki is both epic and hilarious for me. I mean, I always like to imagine that in the early years of their relationship, she did that at least once and I'm glad you made her punch him. It just feels very Sif, this deed, and very Loki, the way he took it, and the fact that it happened is just so very them. It corresponds to the tension between them.

This passage just about broke my heart:

*** His eyes glanced down again, immediately spotted her in the distance. Loki looked back at his mother. 'I am unwanted.'

His mother's hand rested on his shoulder; the smile on her face did not vanish. 'That is what you say. But is that what she says?'

Loki's gaze drifted down to the crowd again.

'I am too afraid to ask.'***

Loki's dialogue with his mother is actually my favourite part of this story. I guess it's because it reveals Loki's vulnerability that he tries to keep hidden, but he feels free to let it out in his mother's presence. I mean, who are you going to trust if not your mother? But yes, I just love how you exposed his insecurity, his vulnerability. Wonderful.

The kiss. Oh, that was just... You wrote out my fantasy.:) First of all, I love the way you set the scene. You made Sif so honest, so vulnerable and consequently so open. She lowered the barrier between her and Loki, and it was just fascinating to see her confide in Loki. She admits that something about him unnerves her, yet this same thing also seems to draw her in and perhaps that's exactly what Sif fears - wanting Loki, someone she thinks she should not want. And then, second of all, I just loved how the kiss happened so naturally, as if it had always meant to happen. They just melted together and it was so, so beautiful. It was an incredibly intimate scene, and I love how you managed to make it so intimate without going into unnecessary details about people exploring each other's mouths. Extremely well written!

The finale is a perfect conclusion for the story. It completely fits the relationship between Loki and Sif as you explored it over the course of this story. And I am thrilled, SO thrilled, that Sif admits, at least to herself, that she did want Loki, but now it's too late.

On this note, I'm actually bummed Sif won't be in The Avengers.

Anyway - -

This was a wonderful piece of fiction. I hope I made it clear in my review just how much I enjoyed it. I do hope you write more Loki and Sif stories in the future.

P.S. I'm excited that someone knows Halou! And yes, third word: hammer. Because apparently, someone has Mjolnir in his pants. :)
unreasonablefics chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
This was just what I wanted to read. Perfect characterizations and you made the relationship believable. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!
Lalancia chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
you should definetily write more Sif/Loki fics! This is the best fanfiction of then!
saporta chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
You really know how to pull at heartstrings, don't you? I enjoyed this so much I read it quite a few times before reviewing. I wish more people shipped this too. I'm certain we aren't the only ones that felt the chemistry. A chemistry stronger than Sif and Thor's, in my opinion. Anyway, fabulous work. I hope you continue to write more LokiSif fics. c:
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Not sure if there was chemistry between those two characters, per se, but when I was watching an interview with Tom Hiddleston and Jaimie Alexander together, they definitely seemed close .

Loved it! I'm starting to like this Loki/Sif pairing more and more! . Thanks so much for sharing!

*tsukiko*