Reviews for Sparks
Souldin chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
MarioXZelda is a usual pairing to write about and it is true that there aren't many of them. What is stranger is how you're likely to come across one or two LinkXPeach pairings but not nearly as many MarioXZelda. Anyway, the choice of a rarely written pairing is a good draw in for this one-shot and I really should start reviewing this.

To review this fanfic is difficult as it is rather...balanced. It’s mostly without fault but not much of it stands out making it hard to outline what was good about it and what wasn't. Not to worry though as there are one or two things that stands out and excels above average, starting the pacing. The pacing is wonderful as its slow enough to give out plenty of details and explain things clearly while not being too slow and causing the fanfic to go longer than it should. Saying that, the length was perfect, as a shorter length suits this fanfic better than a longer would, and how the conversation and thoughts progress work with the pacing and length. Also, with how the fanfic is written, and how Mario and Zelda have not really communicated much before the events of this story, the way you ended this fanfic was for the best. To of had both characters fall in love and embrace or kiss would have felt rushed but the idea that the sparks had begun from this encounter felt more realistic and sweet.

As I said earlier this fanfic is well balanced and as such my criticisms will be brief. Very brief in fact as the only one I can really think of is that a few of the lines sounded strange. There was a good three or four lines that didn't sound write of felt like you put the wrong word, such as the following 'Coming from someone as sage as yourself' which doesn't make any sense. I guess you could also count that not much of this fanfic stands out as a criticism too.

It’s a quaint fanfic and while it isn’t exactly ground breaking or stunning it does present a unique pairing and does possess quite a bit of charm. Great job, keep up the good work!
Just-A-Fan chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Beautiful one-shot. I've only seen one or two MarioxZelda fics here and I think that's because Mario never gets any love in this section while Peach gets paired up with just about everyone but him. It's too bad, as you said it's a vast opportunity along with MarioxSamus.

I love how you contrasted their philosophies on how they control their "flames" and their roles in the world and I love the nod to Mario Galaxy, it really was his greatest adventure yet.
Araceli L chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Awww. This was just as great, and I enjoyed it a lot. I haven't read a lot of Mario/Zelda but I thoroughly enjoyed the subtly of the romance. You handled it beautifully.

I'm sorry if this review is so short. I'm still a bit shaken from your other story, really.

I inspired at least some of this? Wow. I'm incredibly honored. Thank you.

I'm ...sorry. I want to review this because it's fantastic but I can't. I've got a lot on my mind now and that feeling that I need to write. I'm sorry, but really really great job!

Fantatic!

~Araceli L
Guest chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
HOW COME THIS EFFING HAS NO REVIEWS? That was beautiful! My goodness, you truly have a wonderful talent. I love how you portrayed the depth of Zelda's emotions. It wasn't sappy, it wasn't dry - it was just perfect. Please keep writing!