Reviews for Rise Of The Wolfbat
Soulfulbard chapter 19 . 9/15/2014
So I was way off guessing Ibara was a Bullock analog. He's going to be trouble.

Nicely done giving everyone a crowning moment in this one, even Ty Lee from unconsciousness. Looks like Zuko is going to have to invent the metal shipping container to put Xin Fu away. OH, or a giant version of Boiling Rock's coolers.

Speaking of which, any chance of a Wolfbatman!Mr. Freeze? He's my favorite character, especially the TAS version. I'm thinking Han from the Northern Water Tribe still crazily mourning Yue... _

One more chapter before I catch up. It's been a fine ride.
Soulfulbard chapter 18 . 9/14/2014
Didn't see Blockbuster coming, or it being Xin Fu.

Also, Toph learning Sokka tricks-nice! Though she seems to inherited his 'life of misfortune, mostly self-inflicted' (to quote Aunt Wu) as well. Here's hoping her bad choice doesn't make this whole thing worse.

Kind of surprised Ty Lee isn't batting for a Robin here, considering her being an acrobat and all. I'm sure she'll get to do something cool soon-very soon, considering the plan.

Kind of sad I've almost caught up to your writing now. Can't wait to see what's coming!
Soulfulbard chapter 13 . 9/13/2014
The Gilligan cut to Toph about to launch Sokka cracked me up.

Also, while I neglected to review earlier chapters, I did not miss that the actress playing Azula is 'Mai Dah Li' 'Baby' Dahl reference?

Pirate Penguin is pretty cool too. Loving how you're handling this fusion, especially since you're not hammering anyone into a role.

I kind of fear for Toph. I see a lot of people speculating that she's going to become Wolfbat!Clayface, but seeing as the League of Shadows are all Spirit Benders, She might be heading toward Lady Shiva or taking a step toward her earthsense vs sight, Wolfbat!Count Vertigo. Or she might end up depowering herself and become Oracle. The possibilities are endless and I trust your writing enough to stick around to see what you pull off.
Soulfulbard chapter 5 . 9/11/2014
I don't understand how this has so few reviews. It's a great fusion story so far, keeping very true to Avatar while neatly folding in Avatar.

In Chapter 2, you mentioned Ibara was based on someone, I'm getting the feeling that he's a mash-up of Harvey Bullock and Zhao.
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 18 . 1/4/2014
Thank you for the author's note at the end-I was wondering about the Bane thing until he said Blockbuster (who I only know from Young Justice, so it was cool to learn more). As for the whole 'chum' thing from the previous chapter, nice! I'm assuming that was a reference to the old Batman and Robin dynamic, so that was cool.

Anyway, long time no type, eh? Cursed stopped sending me updates for when the fics I'm following update, so I didn't notice the updates. Sorry about that. Anyway, I feel terrible for Toph (not the Clayface route? Oh, I hope it ends more like the Clayface from The Batman TV show, (or preferably not as tragic)-please let her pull through! It will be interesting to see how Wolfbatman begins to combat opponents like Xin Fu and Future Bane (who I can't wait for, especially because I just reread Knightfall; perhaps he is Han from the Northern Water Tribe? Ah, who knows...); anyway, the action scene between them and Xin Fu was pretty good-we definitely got a feel for his immensity and power, though the explanation for Toph's solution seemed to slow things down a bit. It's interesting to see where this is going. Good luck and update soon! . . . I should really take my own advice. Anyway, nice to read your stuff again!
00cLosetFreak00 chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
Awesome extra scene, really liked it. Also, is the giant dude bane? Also, not enough wolfbatman epicness, no offense. It seems more like the gaang fighting batman villains than a wolfbatman story. Still pretty great story none the less. By the way, i am a tokka fan so, yeah, just throwing it out their. Also, if you have troubling with fight scenes, check out the fic, i'll walk you home, it has pretty epic fight scenes so maybe you can get ideas from their. Awesome story overall, just saying.
00cLosetFreak00 chapter 2 . 12/3/2013
Ok, i have always thought sokka would make an epic batman, like dude, never thought it was actually a thing. Happiest day in weeks, seriously. I have yet to read all the story so i cant say much, yet at least.
Ecomadness chapter 17 . 10/29/2013
Is this story abandoned. Loved this chap can't wait for more if it isn't abandoned.
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 16 . 4/2/2013
Yay! Long time no read! Well, this arc seems like it'll be awesome if the villain's any indication, hopefully uping the stakes from the Penguin last time. For some reason, my money's on the Avatar version of Bane, which is almost always a promising start. Take your time and I cannot wait for more! Congrats on the recent update and good luck with the next one!
Ecomadness chapter 15 . 12/16/2012
Really intresting story I can't wait for an update to see what happens next.
Louise chapter 15 . 8/27/2012
Though I may not get all of the Batman in-jokes and references I still love your story. It actually seems like a natural progression from the show. So well done!
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 15 . 8/19/2012
Sweet! Two updates, one after the other? And it's not even my birthday. I was wondering where this fic was but then, I had faith you'd return when you had time. Thanks for the recommendation-I'll be sure to give that other fic a glance, but this one will always be my main source for Wolfbatmanness (new word as of now). Anyway, as usual, I liked your light tone, even during serious moments (the jar of dirt reference was a nice touch, though I didn't seem to recognize as many batman villians but then, I'm not familiar with the more obscure/B-list ones...I'll need to reread). Still, I like this interludes-it really helps the comic type feel to it. I look forward to the next story arc! Update soon or I'll...SUE YA!
Louise chapter 13 . 8/16/2012
It's too bad that you abandoned this as I really enjoyed it! Your Azula/Joker was absolutely fantastic and I could had high hopes for the rest of the fic. After seeing the pictures on DeviantArt I was left wanting more Wolfbatman, especially stories, fleshing out the world.
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 13 . 7/11/2012
...darnit, Toph's future as the equivalent of Clay Face is practically written in stone, isn't it? Oh, there's a pun right there...

Anyway, a really good update! It was well worth the wait and I look forward to more of Wolfbatman's adventures. Though I wonder if this high seas adventure is quite as straightforward as it seems...hmmm; could a plot twist be on the horizon? Though, as good as the chapter was, I noticed that there was a word or two mispelt or had an unneeded space in it; it's no big deal but for your original projects, you may want to take a little more time on editing or, better yet, have someone else look it over as they'll catch things you yourself wouldn't have seen at all (trust me-it happens to me all the time). But I'm sure you knew that.

Well, good luck with all your works and hopefully get around to this one soon! Update eventually or I'll...SUE YA!
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 12 . 2/29/2012
Nice! So the Penguin...didn't see that coming, actually. I wonder how things will play out this time? Truth be told, I'm totally expecting Toph to go all Clay Face by the end of this...just a hunch for some reason. Hopefully this story will prove to be as fun as the other two and Sokka gets to kick plenty of tucas; though Zuko should probably be thrown a bone as well, given his constant ambushed status...

Anyway, can't wait for more!

Update soon or I'll...SUE YA! (if you have the time, that is)