Reviews for Ringling
Alta Bennett chapter 5 . 6/22
This is one of the best Fanfictions that I have read for Water for Elephants. Thoughtful title “Ringling”. It’s very simple but good title for this stage of their lives together. I also really loved how the chapters each started and finished relating back to the chapter titles.
All of the characters personalities are really well captured, especially Jacob’s protectiveness over Marlena. I like how the intense love between Jacob and Marlena that was present in the original novel was transferred to this.
This is also a great representation of how people change over time. Jacob is more grumpy and easily annoyed in these few chapters than he was in the original book. This shows how he slowly changed into the old man at the nursing home. When he is in his nineties he is very bitter and easily set off by small things. His personality in this fanfiction is the perfect middle ground between him as an old man and him when he was with the Benzini Brothers Circus.
The introduction was very engaging, although the concluding paragraph could use more closure. Another thing to work on for next time would be the editing. This piece has multiple spelling and grammar errors which made it hard to understand at times. However, I loved the story and it was well thought out.
My favourite quote is ‘“You’re the man I fell in love with, the man I will always love, the best man I’ll ever know… You’re the father of my child, hopefully children, and you’re the only person to take care of me in a long time. I trust you more than anyone Jacob, and I love you” she whispered and kissed me gently. I wanted to say a heroic speech back, to tell her that she had it all backwards, that it was her who was the best woman I would ever know, but I couldn’t find my voice or get my brain to function.’ This really shows how deeply in love Jacob and Marlena are and keeps the reader engaged.
Thank you for making this little sequel, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Double A chapter 5 . 6/7/2015
That was brilliant. I loved the plot and you captured your characters beautifully. Well done
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
I'm loving it!
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
An appropriate chapter title.
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 3 . 11/23/2014
I loved the ending.
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
An interesting chapter.
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Phoebe chapter 5 . 8/25/2013
This is so sweet, you should carry on, its really good :)
Vero Diaz chapter 5 . 1/4/2012
wheres the next chapter?
Pebblesma chapter 5 . 1/1/2012
Excellent story, I really enjoyed it. The plot was really good.
Kenny Trash chapter 5 . 12/31/2011
So cute! You sould continue. :)
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
i think things will work out better this time for the Jankowskis
Marie S Zachary chapter 5 . 11/22/2011
Baby should b a girl to knock Jacob down a peg
RockGodess1994 chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
Reall cute seriously keep up the good work there's not nearl enough water for elephants stories lol pease update soon :D
Oreo-PeanutButter-Macaroni chapter 4 . 5/28/2011