Reviews for There is a Light
irelandk chapter 23 . 4/30
:) :)
thelightnina chapter 4 . 4/25
This story is so confusing
SlytherinPorcupine chapter 22 . 4/4
This is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this.
SlytherinPorcupine chapter 15 . 4/4
Not gonna lie. My mind is all around the place trying to keep up with the dates BUT i gotta say this is a very wonderful story! My brain can keep up with the timeline. Lol!

I’m actually happy that he’s little one’s father. I kinda expected it from the get go so i’m not that surprised with the reveal. (Honestly, i’m more surprised that i ACTUALLY like the fact that he’s the father. Lol)
Pattigirl23 chapter 1 . 3/27
Wow... First thank you! This story is really awesome! Really well written and so much feelings...
princeselisa chapter 23 . 3/13
Wow! This was fantastic. Tore my heart out, and then mended it, all in one story. Amazing writing. Thanks for sharing
Swack chapter 23 . 3/1
The fact that this was initially published back in 2011 makes this story even more special in my eyes. All those years and you manage to carefully craft and build this story into a masterpiece. This one blows my mind, no doubt about that. I'm going to try to say my thoughts as best as I can because I'm just so incredibly moved and touched by this story.

There are stories that pulls you in and takes you into its embrace that it almost feels like you're living through it all too, and that's what I felt like while I was reading this. It didn't felt like I was merely reading a fanfic, it felt like this happened in real life because the way you wrote it, the character's emotions, the pacing, the way you described life in the past and how different things were back then, the dynamics between the characters, the plot twists and mysteries, the way I can't stop anticipating what'll happen next, the jumping from past and present day, it felt like I was watching a movie and I experience it all unfold right in front of my eyes. That's how powerful your writing is! I feel incredibly lucky to have read this masterpiece because this is truly a story that is so worth publishing. Just WOW. I feel like a story like this would have reached up to 30/50 chapters but the fact that all these happened in just 23 chapters is just AMAZING. It felt like I've known the characters since forever and that I just looked through a person's history and discovered and learned things about them that made them the way they are towards the ending.

This is a story that makes you want to step back and reflect a lot of things in your life and looked back in the past and realize just how a person's life can change with just one significant shift in their life. How a person can reach their rock bottom and how it can affect the people around them. This story is just raw and honest and it doesn't try to satisfy the readers. It's just what is it and its up to us to digest and accept that that's what happened, and I love it. There's so many things that I can take away from this story, and the feeling while I was reading this is something that I can never forget. I love this imperfect Edward and Bella and how their love survived after years and years. Jake, Seth, and Bella's journey is an eventful one that would eventually turn into something that I never expected. What happened to Jake is something that crushed me and I wasn't ready the sadness that accompanied it. It's sad to let this story go but just like what's been said in the story: Life must go on, and I'll continue on with my life with this story's impact engraved within my being. Thank you so so much for this and for sharing your incredible talent. Sending so much love xo.
TookMeLongEnough chapter 1 . 1/29
Just spent the last few days reading this superb story. Your tale reminds me that despite the years that have passed since you posted it here, it still holds up beautifully. I’ve read a lot of classics and this is like a modern day classic. I’m old enough to have read Whitman and listened to Stravinsky before the majority of your readers were school aged, therefore I know a thing or two about life, loss, betrayal and love. Your chapters felt like I was traveling forward through time and yet sometimes hitting the reverse button on the time machine all at once. I’m hopeful that if screenwriters are smart enough they’ll come knocking on your door some day if they haven’t already done so. This was like a theatrical experience. I felt like it unfolded on a stage right before us. I could hear it and see it and almost smell it. Your clever usage of the English language, prose, injected with lyrics and historical musical references fed me like a sensual smorgasbord, chapter by chapter. A little of this and a lot of that. Youth, loneliness, neglect, bonding, anxiety, thrills, surprises, fear, joy, happiness, repression, regret, ambition, discovery, patience, entitlement, truths lies, lessons, losses, regret, redemption, enlightenment, tragedy and triumph. Thank you for taking so many in this journey. Here’s to the readers who cheered you as you created this story and to those of us fortunate enough to come across it many years later. May you find joy in knowing that it still moves us, inspires us and touches us in places we forgot existed in our hearts. Be confident as you continue to write. Your ability to take us on an adventure of the heart is prize worthy. With respect and gratitude,
Em
Omg the end! Gotta keep reading! .
DMBSJB18 chapter 23 . 12/13/2020
Not gonna lie. I wasn’t rooting for Ed at the beginning. But man, mental health is a serious mind fuck. What he did to Bella when she got pregnant is pretty unforgivable, BUT he did absolutely everything he could later in life. And one would say too little, too late. But not with the way they loved each other. That kind of love doesn’t fade. I’m happy for them. And sad that it took them so long as soooo many speed bumps to get to where they are. But without those speed bumps they wouldn’t have Lizzie and Thea :)
I did wonder if they found out if Lizzie was his actual kid? And what happened with Kate, bc that was wrapped up in a few lines. I couldn’t read between the lines on that one. Either way, he was a fantastic dad.
And Jake absolutely 100 percent broke my heart. I can’t even imagine being gay. And I can’t imagine being gay in the 80/90’s. He was so conflicted and I just wanted to take his pain away. When he committed suicide I cried. How many people have the same story he does?
All in all, a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing it with us
DMBSJB18 chapter 15 . 12/12/2020
I’m not gonna lie, I’m glad Seth’s the dad. This story is superb.
Ann Lockhart chapter 15 . 9/27/2020
Can I just...? I don't know what to say. Just.
Bittersweet, and I can't stop.

Can I just say though, that I could never, ever have guessed? I was dying to know who the little one's father was. Did not see that coming. At all.

Brava, darling. This one deserves a good publishing. Thank you so, so much for sharing this with me. With us.
TwiFic Lovah chapter 3 . 6/17/2020
Great chapter.

TwiFic Lovah chapter 2 . 6/17/2020
I'm really loving this story.

TwiFic Lovah chapter 1 . 6/17/2020