Reviews for There is a Light
Finally! It's funny how Edward was so cautious in the beginning and Bella is so cautious in the end. In the beginning Bella was so head over heals in love, and in the end it was Edward that would give anything to be with her.
And they're writing letters again. And he's showing up at her book signings again. Full circle. Nice.
"Is it there?"

"Of course it is."

Sigh.

And then this, finally!

"Why am I here?"

"You tell me."

"My life isn't complete without you in it."

These two... they're killing me. I'm so in love with this story.
His words. Wow. That's all I've got. Wow.
OMG! He's not gone. Not by a long shot. The words he wrote sent chills down my spine. And the scene with Bella and Seth made me cry. He made that so special for her. That's how it should have been the first time with Edward. They really helped to heal one another's hearts. Friends like that are once in a lifetime. I always wanted Edward to be that dad, but now I'm glad he's not.
It was Seth! That's so perfect. I hate to get all Disney cliche, but it's like a circle. Jake dies and then Little One is born. I understand now why Bella keeps saying that each of these things is important to the story - her life is important to the story. Without everything in her life the way it was her daughter never would have been born. But now I feel like Edward must be gone for good - but there are a bunch more chapters. That gives me hope.
That just killed me.
Wow, so Troy killed himself. That's tragic. And so real. Things like that still happen because of intolerance. Thank you for writing this story. It's more than a little love story.
And he got married. I think that might have hurt me more than it hurt Bella. I can't blame him I guess? Bella told him to move on. She said she was in love and engaged. But she's right, he always told her he would never get married. That he could never have a long term relationship with anyone... I'm starting to think that maybe mental illness is involved somehow? I don't know - he's not schizophrenic. Bipolar? The way he's been so happy and high lately without drugs, but he's so certain things are going to change. This is breaking my heart. I really need to know what's going on in the present day. Where is Edward? Why is Bella telling her story to her daughter? Where is Troy? So many questions.
And now it almost all comes together... The thing I really like about this Bella is that she is so strong. She was so alone, yet so determined when she left for college with no support. And that second time she meets Edward face to face... the awkwardness was still there, but it was so obvious how important she was to him. Neither of them could figure out if he was like a dad to her, or a friend, and he was really, really trying to make sure he was nothing else. I might have loved that meeting & this chapter most of all, which says a lot considering that last one!
Wow. This made me so happy and so want to cry all at the same time. That scene "in the light" was perfect. He was so in love with her, so worried about whether he was right for her, and she was so certain in that way you are when you're young and naive. I ache reading it. And that second time he came to a book signing. They both seemed in a much better place - and she's engaged, dammit! I think she just broke Edward's heart.
OMG! She's an author and Edward is still completely in love with her, but what the hell happened between them? Bella was hard as nails in that chapter. Was it money for an abortion? I almost think that would be too expected and I can tell you don't write what's expected. Money for... I don't know. I've got to read more!
I'm starting to understand more... I think. I feel all of the tension between Seth, Bella and Jake, and I think maybe I know what's going on. Do Seth and Jake I wonder? And this is definitely heating up. It's nice that Rose and Emmett are getting back together again but it really begs the question: What about Bella and Edward? Where is Edward in the "Present Day?" Where did this daughter come from. She's got to have a daddy, right? I'm so confused by this story, but I'm so in love too. Nice writing!
A few things:

1) Her parent are awful, but she's got a really wonderful friend in Seth.
2) HE. WROTE. TO. HER! That's the most amazing birthday present ever.
3) She blew her own mind. Pretty funny.
4) EPOV. Swoon.
Wow... that's almost all I can think to write. I love that they just talked and he dropped her off. This would have been a totally different story if he tried to take advantage of her or something. But this is so cool because I really felt the awkwardness between the two of them and how I think he was interested in her, but didn't even let himself go there. And I could tell that she was freaking out, but on the surface she came off as pretty cool, yet typically teenage immature all at the same time. Well done!
5,214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »