Reviews for Between Wind and Water
berri-berri84 chapter 11 . 2/20
What an absolutely spectacular story! I've been reading fanfiction for years, and never have I come across a piece so professionally written with meticulous attention to detail (naval strategy, tactics and naval terms, for example) and a style of writing that is truly top-notch (you really know your stuff).
Your Norrington was spot on, and I could see all of this happening clearly in my mind's eye (his grief and feelings of isolation/desperation were especially poignant - my favorite bits in the story for how you captured that emotion so perfectly); your Sparrow was perhaps not as quirky as he was in the movies, but most of the time he was pretty easy to envision as well, and enjoyable to see what he came up with. Personally I loved the twisting and turning road the two traveled together, and how it took its time to come together - slow build is lovely. I also really appreciate how you ended the story on a realistic yet hopeful/promising note, though as someone else mentioned, I too was really hanging out for Admiral Vernon meeting a horrible end, that bastard.
Thank you so much for creating this piece of art - an absolute joy to read!
Person chapter 11 . 6/16/2013
I don't know who you are but I would like to say that that was the best work of fanfiction I have ever read. My compliments to you for writing such a gorgeous novel. You are a true writer and one of the few good ones left. I tip my hat to you, sir.
JLBB chapter 11 . 5/3/2013
Really enjoyed this story. Great work.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
I LOOOOOVE THIS
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 11 . 11/14/2012
This was fantastic!
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 3 . 11/13/2012
This story is fantastic! I love it!
oldandoutdated chapter 11 . 4/11/2012
That ending. ;-; Tears. of. joy.

This was FANTASTIC! Goes over all the completely messed up and complicated aspects of Sparrington in a realistic way, you meshed the historic events amazingly well. A brilliant and very enjoyable read.

The only bit I had issues with was the duel with Vernon, it seemed a wee bit much after the long string of near-death experiences. And dear god I wanted that man to die so badly.

Jack talking to all the whores about "problems with men" was hilarious, and so very in character.

I might just go back to the beginning and read this all over again, it was such a good read. Thank You!
Saldemar the Fantabulous chapter 11 . 3/11/2012
brilliantly done. Historical events plus fiction are always fun to read, and its a great credit to you that they were melded together very well. I also like that the relationship between Sparrow and Norrington and their struggle to trust one another (among other things) held equal interest to me as the battles with the Spanish and with Norrington stuck between Vernon and Wentworth. I tip my hat to you.
MyDirtyLittleSecret chapter 11 . 1/19/2012
This was a spectacular story. I loved every second it took to read it. Your characterizations were spot on. Your story writing and depth of plot was absolutely wonderful. It is very clear that you put a lot of thought and effort into this story. You should have a thousand more review for this great story. Thank you for a wonderful read.
frida chapter 11 . 12/22/2011
I love the way you portrayed Norrington; it was perfect. The story was great and your writing is very intriguing!
rhain572 chapter 11 . 11/22/2011
This was very enjoyable to read. I like how you assimilated history with your story. Your portrayals of Jack and James were very good, although the whole thing with James not trusting Jack was a bit cliché, though in-character.
AlannaBenedicta chapter 11 . 10/7/2011
Wow, what can I say? This is absolutely amazing! The plot, the details...This is absolutely worthy to stand side by side with all the books on my bookshelf! If you publish anything tell me, I'll by it imediately.
sweetiiey chapter 11 . 8/13/2011
Amazing story. Even though at points the chapters felt too long and boring with all it's details (mostly cuz I was waiting for the slash to finally happen) I loved every bit of it (okay mostly the four last chapters)

You have an undeniable talent for writting and hopefully you will use it to it's fullest
Nerejda chapter 11 . 7/26/2011
Great story. I like your James. It's the best James I ever read. Norrington isn't easy person to describe and you made it. Impressive! It's worth reading.
Must.Love.Zombies chapter 11 . 6/29/2011
Wow, honestly, I don't know what to say. This whole . . . story was completly amazing and you-pretty much blew my whole outlook on writing out of my mind. I mean the detail on everything was just so otherworldly. Do you study boats and all that? Most of the time I had to go and look up the make up of them. Seriously though, how'd you get this good? Mind blown