Reviews for Your Friends Closer
oregonbird chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Oh thank heavens, nobody died! You make people die over and over, and its heartbreaking every time. Is that a genre? It should be. Every short story, it's like Beth or Cathy has died again. Pools of tears in every direction.

You write beautifully.
Falcon's Jade chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Oh wow, Lestrade whump, and the Mycroft actually "medding" to help and bring attention to John and Sherlock, this is so amazingly well written. Thanks for sharing!
Meew3 chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
Awww best buddies!
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Oh wow once again. I am so glad I gave your tales a try. You truly have the talent kiddo. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Great story. Lestrade is awesoem! And john was so sweet to try and take care of him Sherlock too, in his own sociopathicn way. Really well done
goanago chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
wow! jajajaja the last part made me laugh

This was his world now, he realized. Men spied on one another, kept secrets from one another, and broke the law for one another - and those were the good guys.

And whatever Mycroft turned out to be, John was grateful that the elder Holmes was on their side

a really nice story... thank you for posting!
midknightmist chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
good story. thanks for sharing.
The Buzz chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
This story is absolutely fantastic. You capture the characters brilliantly-I love how you wrote everyone's reactions to the footage and John and Lestrade's conversation at the end. And of course stoic, suffering, determined Lestrade. Thanks for sharing!
danang1970 chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Once again I thank you for writing a story, because it's a dynamic I've longed to see explored, written with talent and deference to the core characters as the BBC et al presented them. You are fantastic.
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Good one! Well-crafted and executed, brilliant!

mangaluva chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I really cannot say enough how much I love the three-way bromance you've grown between Sherlock, John and Greg in these fics XD There was a bit of it going on in Hounds of Baskerville, which was fun, but canon never really developed it to the extent that you have here XD It's quite touching, how much Lestrade will put up with to protect Sherlock... and that John and Sherlock will let him, trying more subtle methods to protect him, for the sake of his dignity. Gaaaah. I love them all!

Hope your business trip went well! Myself, I should probably end the binge now; it's approaching 3am and I'm clearly descending towards incoherency XD I try to always review with my thoughts on a good fic because I know just how much light reviews bring to my life, and there are far better fics than mine out there that deserve it more- like your Sherlock selection :) So, as a blanket thing: well-structured, well-written, thoughtful character pieces, beautiful, emotive, tragic, hilarious, gorgeous, adorable, and generally as awesome as a ninja meerkat :D Thank you for lightening my Sherlock withdrawal with your wonderful ficcage!

(...please don't let it last eighteen months this time...)
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I'm just now catching up on some older fics, and so pleased to find this. Always love your Lestrade, and love it even more when you pair him up (not romantically thank God) with John. Both quiet, introspective yet strong men who I think are all too easy to underestimate.

A really great read, thank you :)
Koulin chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
This is brilliant. Easily one of the favorite stories I have read of the Sherlock fandom. Heart wrenching and descriptive...even though lestrade is already one of my favorite characters I feel that this story has made me love him more than ever!
Marz1 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Great story, lots of stoic manly-ness and subtle emotional stuff. I guess Johns got some more people to shoot.
Caia Caecilia chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I am beginning to become a Lestrade angst fan (largely thanks to you lol) and I'm enjoying it immmensley. Loved the fic, the idea of the 4 of them, yes even Mycroft, as brothers-in-arms looking out for each other and standing together. You really capture the 'voices' of the characters in this story - well done that's a difficult talent to master sometimes. I think I might begin to ponder penning some Lestrade angst myself as your writing inspires me. As always thanks for sharing your talent and giving me something so good to read :)