Reviews for Monster Hunter Gensokyo
Wolfsbane706 chapter 8 . 5/29/2013
So is Nitori's blood-soaked armor gonna be a running gag? Also, I've noticed that most of the weapons used are American-made. I'd figure the girls would have a more international armory, since they're based primarily in Japan. If you like, I can do some research on weapons made from that general area.
kojiro kakita chapter 8 . 5/24/2013
Another great chapter
kojiro kakita chapter 7 . 5/10/2013
Yeah it's back. I have to say that this story gave me inspiration to run a WoD campaign in this setting
Guest chapter 6 . 1/16/2013
Monster suggestion: Nuckelavee. Something like a skinless, mutated man/horse fusion ( unlike centaurs, the horse head remains attached ) that breathes diseases.

Based on your other works, I have a feeling that you know the monster I'm typing about, seeing as how you seem to have a finger in the British mythology pie.

By the way; are you going to update after you publish the next chapter in the Clockwork Devils, or after the next chapter of the Secret History Association?
Guest chapter 6 . 8/1/2012
Yes! An update!

Wonderful chapter, hahaha! Makes me sad that I have to wait a month for another update, ORZ.

At any rate, I've got a suggestion for a monster!

A succubus, or some form of demon not from Makai. The demon could be hiding around the SDM, and Remilia gets the crew to exterminate it... And, well, I basically have this weird thought that Koa might come across it an beat it up for giving demons a bad name. I dunno. Your call.
LicLiLac chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention the Dullahan whips its horse with a human spine.

... Yeeeeep, I think that's it...

On thr other hand, MIMA-SAMA ORZ
LicLiLac chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
The old British Isles fae and demons, particularly the Irish Dullahan.

The Dullahan is, be frank, very much like the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. It rides on a black horse, holding its glowing, decaying head aloft. The head is bald and has a constant, maniac grin, in addition to black eyes tht flicker about like flies.

Wherever the Dullahan stops, a mortal dies, and no gates can bar the fae's path. If there is a door or obstacle blocking the Dullahan, it will either fly open or fly out of the way, respectively.

The Dullahan normally appears at midnight during Irish feasts or festivals, and its name is derived from far dorocha ( means dark man ).

Unlike the banshee, whose cry is a death warning, the Dullahan summons the soul of a mortal, effectively killing them.

Dullahans can be warded off with gold. Even a gold pin can drive away a Dullahan, so long as it's gold.
Mephiles666 chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
Monster Suggestions:

A biologically more powerful version of a previously used species whom under normal conditions is considered a low/medium level monster. The new creature would represent the perfect genetic combination of producing said creature or is the species' evolutionary peak (if that is possible in this setting). As a result, it is noticeably stronger, faster, smarter, and more powerful than other members of its species; all to a degree which it compares to its species as a god would to mortals.
I Like To Eat chapter 5 . 7/27/2012
No offence or rush intended, but...

*Sad stare*

It's July.
Achariyth1 chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
Thank you for reading and reviewing.

I have three more chapters of MHG planned; two of which should be completed in July. So, more girls with guns are on their way, and soon.

Past those three chapters, well, I do have ideas...
LicLiLac chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
Why don't you update :'( ?

I need moar badass Gensokyo...
NOT the guy with the tentacles chapter 5 . 2/13/2012
Near the end, you put down "as something from the beyond gave dry atrophied muscles the strength of industrial machines".

Me thinks you meant "grave" instead of "gave".

There are also several spots where you have h in place of an ", And a ' in place of a ".

Storyline looks good. No comments beyond that.
Kayne Kellan chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
You are rapidly proving to be one my favorite authors in the Touhou fandom. The technical writing is solid and the plot line and research that you seem to be doing are excellent. Admittedly, I am a little biased as the magicians (Alice, Patchouli, Marisa) and mikos (Reimu and Sanae) are my favorite Touhous. And I really enjoy your portrayal of them.

I usually try to provide some constructive criticism when I review but nothing really stood out to me when I read through. Though I do wonder why someone from a British agency was investigating a site in Japan - you would think that it would be a Japanese agency or an international one.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, and I wonder what role Sanae being a "godling" and Suwako's descendant will play. Doubt Kanako or Suwako would take it well if she got seriously injured.
Mephiles666 chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
[The monster creamed.] Yeah, you might want to change that.

["Let is go,"] I think you mean "Let it go," but that's just me.

I saw no other English errors. Story wise, I found nothing that was wrong, and it seemed to flow well with what you already had.

Keep up the good work.
Mephiles666 chapter 3 . 12/16/2011
My reactions:

Damn, Nitori the theif?

HAHHAHA! Twin Rasberries for the win!

( Sanae talking to Reimu) BURN! HAHA!

(At Remilia) Oh! Hahahaha!

All silliness aside, I liked this chapter. It seems to me that you're done with the introductions and are starting the meat of the plot. I saw no continuity errors, or gramatical errors. The plot's structure seems to be well made.

Thumbs up on the fight scene.

In summary: This was a good chapter, there are not problems that I can point out so I can't give you constructive criticism.