Reviews for Recovery
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 1/22
That was surprisingly good.
I think there isn't enough good Team 8 stories.
softwinds chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
It totally didn't cross my mind how Shino had done nothing during the chunin exams when Hinata was badly beaten by Neji. This was a really nice take on what could have actually happened behind the scene. Really sweet!

- softwinds -
BizarreImage chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
This story is really interesting, especially how we get to see Shino's character development as a person because he always seems to detached from everyone else, it is nice to see a take on how Kiba and Shino took the situation after Hinata was beaten down by Neji.
Great job!
Kairikiani chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Hey! I saw you'd reviewed my stories, so I figured I'd return the favor. :)

I liked this story a lot. I'd always wondered why Naruto and Lee swore to avenge Hinata while we never saw the reactions of her own teammates. I like the idea that Shino did care, but thought that nothing he could do would help the situation. Judging from how he acts in the fillers, resignation seems to be a bigger problem for him than apathy.

I also really like how you characterized Kiba. It hadn’t occurred to me that Kiba would be overprotective of Hinata because of how his clan functions. Like Shino said, I assumed Kiba’s coddling meant he had little faith in her. I’m glad you treated Kiba’s over-protectiveness as just as much of a problem as Shino’s frigidness.

You did a good job showing the dynamic between Kiba and Shino. These two are always really entertaining – I wish they had more screentime.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Awsome! But shino is no way weaker than neji -_- he is probably the 2nd or 3rd strongest konoha 11 member behind naruto and lee. But other than that small detail. Awsome stuff dude
DeadAccount-ClickMeforDetails chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Hello!

I apologise for not yet checking out your other ShinoTen story. I saw this oneshot, however, and was happy to see that this wasn't a ShinoKiba story, lol.

Just as I suspected, my enjoyment of your writing wouldn't be limited to "Taking Chances". I really enjoyed "Recover". :) I'm sorry, but I don't have much to say about your depiction of Shino, as most of what I think about it can be linked to my review in "Taking Chances". I believe this is the first time I've read your portrayal of Kiba, and I liked it.

I think this is the first fic I have read that explored Shino and Kiba's thoughts after Hinata's match against Neji. In your A/N, it didn't sound like you knew the inner workings of them, but in your story, it seems like you do. Though there is no solid canon proof, one can construe from their depicted personalities that Shino and Kiba show their caringness for Hinata in opposite ways.

Shino shows this by picking up on Hinata being sick of being viewed as 'weak', and her lack of confidence. Her being told to give up would hurt her much more as Hinata would almost definitely see that as an indirect way of telling her that she lacks the requisite skills. Which was true in that case, however, Shino preferred/is assumed to show more faith and tact. Kiba, on the other hand, shows his concern by telling her to give up to prevent injury. He means well, of course, and thinks that her safety is more paramount than her fragile pride and self-esteem. This is why ShinoHina vs. ShinoKiba can get ugly, on a side note- the care each of them shows do not outweigh each other, and which is better amounts to personal opinion.

My only real, critique only applies IF the story was supposed to show Kiba and Shino's views in a balanced manner, that didn't happen. However, in addition to thinking that balance wasn't the point, I suspected that you're of the view in favour of Shino's, so I won't say anything more. Truth be told, if one contemplates Hinata's personality, Shino's view contributes to her growth further than Kiba's. I personally would have taken Shino's path, but the only difference is that I would have jumped in to stop Neji from trying to kill Hinata, regardless of Jounin assistance.

Finally, I noticed that Team 8 refers to Kurenai as "Master" Kurenai rather than the usual "Kurenai-sensei". Is this a creative choice or how the dubs do things?

I managed to digress about nothing helpful to your growth, so I'll stop here. Well done on another brilliant story, and see you soon!
internalpanthara chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I like that both of the boys showed growth. Most of the time there is no perfectly right way, no one solution to it all. They both realised the way they act can cause unintended negative consequences. Very realistic and a good justification for their actions/inaction.

Concrit: None
wingedmercury chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
lol, this was awesome.

First off: "It had been the only gift Shino had been able to think of that both Kiba and Akamaru would enjoy." I really lol'ed there! Lordy lord!

I loved the dialogue between Shino and Kiba, and how in the end, Shino begrudgingly admits that Kiba has got people smarts:)

Also liked the bit at the end, the story about your friend and her grandfather- so touching! It's nice how you incorporate real life experiences into your fics:)
Seiga Niko chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
This is a sweet story with great description and meaning to it. It was enjoyable to read. Thank you so much.
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
This was... surprisingly good. Well-written ShinoPOV stories are hard to find.

The only error I could find is near the end, a reference to Hinata's 'temerity'. Temerity means recklessness, which isn't really descriptive of Hinata, so maybe Kiba gets frustrated with her 'timidity' instead? Similar word.

Other than that, simple and well-done! I'll read more Team 8 fics from you any day!
ColorfulSkittles291 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
nice story
Anh.Oi.Cua.Thuy chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
This really was quite the read. Nailed the characters :)
Eviltiger chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Awwwwwwww! So sweet! I loved this one! You're an awesome writer!
pretzel monster chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I'm glad I decided to check out your profile.

This was just a splendid read. You caught Team 8 pretty much in character and made the scenes look as realistic as possible. And what makes it better is that it's in Shino's point of view, which always interests me. Great oneshot. :)
DanceOfTheEnt-Wives chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
i really like this story, it explains indeed why shino didn't help hinata or anything. i never noticed it, but now that you mentioned it, it really made shino look like a cold fish...

little qustion, why did you rate this m? it's a really high rating while this could've easily been put under T (at the highest)