Reviews for Harry Potter, Rise From Dust
Preston L Shouse chapter 5 . 9/18
Its like you wrote my life on a email MARVELOUS!
t chapter 21 . 8/30
sad this was abandoned loved it. Are you going to ever come back to it or do a rewrite.
amazing story with an amazing character dynamic!
Pls update!
DarkishWhiteLord chapter 21 . 8/12
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS!
Blufox03 chapter 21 . 8/12
Noooooo!
Why aren't you updating?!
This story is soooo good I can't believe that you left it here!
PLEASE update!
IsabellaAuroraPotter-Malfoy chapter 1 . 8/4
Jk Rowling date of birth for Harry is 31st July 1980 and with your birth date you have chosen he will be 2 years older than Hermione who was born 19th September 1979 and three years older than Ron born March 1980.
Four years older than Ginny born in 1981.
Good idea for a story but just the wrong year of birth for Harry.
renextronex chapter 13 . 7/29
wait? OWLs next year? the fic started when he was finishing 3rd year, 4 year was 1st canon year, shouldn't this one be 5 Year?
phantasmoon chapter 21 . 7/22
please update! really looking forward for the next chapter.
anonymous472 chapter 21 . 7/17
What i like about this fic is that it is very original. It does not use overly done cliches but instead creates its very own subplots. Your portrayal of professional quiditch is unlike anything I've seen. Very realistic and for a moment I felt like i was on the pitch with Harry. You are very good at capturing the excitement and world creating.
And lets not forget about Harry calling Merlin OLD MAN.
On the other hand this story is not without its faults. The girls (i mean Daphne, Callista, Regine, Sheila) are very one dimensional. In the story there are no mention of their weaknesses (sure Sheila talks without thinking or Callista talks to herself but these are more of a personality quirk rather than an actual weakness), or any mention of their sadnesses, victories really anything that differentiates them from the scenery. For most part, they are just there to cheer on Harry. Now, i am not trying to be mean, i am saying all this because they had so much potential. For example, Callista is said to be a genius but never in the story her 'genius' affects the storyline. Or Daphne is the 'ice queen' but there is no evidence of her being cold to anyone. So, they become sueish instead of full fledged characters. I think the problem is you, the author, describe the character rather than the story. What i mean is, for example while reading canon all readers understands Hermione is clever or at least knowledgeable just from the very first chapters without any other character saying she is clever. We understand that from her knowing the ceiling of the Great Hall is enchanted or her perfect pronounciation of Leviosa. Simply put, her actions, or lets say the storyline, paints her as a clever girl. But in your story, you describe Callista as 'genious'. I think if you let your story, rather then you, decipt the characters you will go a long way.
Another problem is Harry. In one chapter he is strong, powerful, independent. On the other chapter he is weak and somewhat childish. He is not persistent.
Also Rosie. You do realize that when a school year passes and Harry ages, Rosie also ages?! I mean in the beginning she was what 2 years old? 3 years old? And 2 years pass in the story but there is no change in her speech? Her development? Children at that age grows phenomenally in a short time and there is a big differense in speech, abilities, and overall personality between a 4 year old and 3 year old. But Rosie just defies time and stays the same. Though, tbh she is a cutie.
Overall this story is very enjoyable and intriguing. With a little work at characters this can be great. Hopefully waiting for an update...
awesome story you got update it please story like deserves attention.
harryagg chapter 1 . 6/21
Grammer aside this is probably the 10th time I am re reading the story over the years. The premise takes a FanFiction trope and atleast takes it to a different direction. I hope you someday decide to get back to this story and update it.
StoneTheLoner chapter 2 . 6/14
Pity you didn't decide to make Harry dark or grey. Keeping him light centered like this leaves the story open to a lot of unwelcome Hurt/Comfort/Angst situations :(
StoneTheLoner chapter 1 . 6/14
I thought making Harry AU as apposed to the cookie cutter canon version was the point for most fanfics? Give him different beginnings or a new path to follow and then see it to it's next logical conclusion. To show us what could've been. To enjoy the by now familiar story from a brand new and creative angle. In fact, I'm more prone to flaming an author if they DON'T change Harry away from his canon personality and plot. Nothing is more frustrating to me then reading a story and halfway through noticing I should've just re-read the Harry Potter books rather than wasting my time with this generic fanfic version :/
Im A Saggy tarius chapter 21 . 6/10
I will still be waiting for your next update and a lot of your fans will probably be waiting too
Im A Saggy tarius chapter 21 . 6/10
Whats wrong m8? If your worried that your stories bad then your dead wrong. Its brilliant and way more interesting than most of the stories i've read in my entire life. Although, your english needs a few tweaks. I suggest reading actually published books for awhile to correct your grammar and use of dialogeu.
2,035 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »