Reviews for The Persistence of Memory
Griffin Raven chapter 11 . 5/26/2012
Considering that James has already had a very high fever & obviously has either none/or few concrete memories of his past

then wouldn't it be a good idea for him to medically examined

to determine his state of health? Also if Sirius/Remus did want to prove to James that he truly is Harry...then what about

giving the wee lad a paternity potion that shows his name & those of his parents...or a heritage potion showing "James's" true family heritage? But I guess before they do anything like

that they need to aid James in gaining more of his memories or

at the very least his understanding of what happened to him that caused him to lose his memories in the first place.

Hmm...I can't help wondering just what kind of reaction James

would have if he did happen to meet any of the following indidviduals (considering the impact that they'd had upon his

life for 4yrs) Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Poppy Pomfrey & perhaps Minerva McGOnagall? Somehow I'd always imagine that

James might have a more "very unique" reaction towards Severus,

hehe?

Also if Remus, wanted to know more about James's injuries then

he should either get him medically examined either conscious

or unconsciously? In light of the current state of James's memories, just what effect with ligelimency have upon it, I wonder? It will be interesting to see just where this story will go next...?
Griffin Raven chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Its very easy I think to understand just why Ron seems so angry

at just everyone & why Hermione seems to have lost her drive for both life & studying...because they've learnt that most

cruel lesson in life, that adults don't know everything & even

the most skilled (ie Dumbledore) can't stop/or prevent bad things from happening!

Undoubtably both Ron & Hermione would have been able to cope much better if those around them didn't appear to be just going

on with there lives as if what happened surrounding the TriWizard tournament & Voldemort's defeat but no sign at all of

Harry...if they had a body or more telling evidence of what

did happen to Harry they'd be able to properly mourn & move on

with there lives. But neither of them can because no one knows

if Harry's trly alive or dead, do they?

Hmm...shame Harry, didn't have a bonded house elf because if he did wouldn't that elf be able to tell him he was alive, hmm? I can't help wondering the following; (a) are Harry's vaults still open at Gringotts, or do the Goblins believe that he is dead; (b) has Harry's name disappeared totally from the

Hogwarts attendance book; (c) did anyone try to send Harry's owl Hedwig with a letter to him or use any other owl...or even

try to get Fawkes the phoenix to locate the boy, hmm?
thestaganddoe chapter 11 . 5/22/2012
UPDATE!
Lost My Muse chapter 11 . 5/8/2012
That little bit in the authors notes at the end, about the silly little girl writing the story, was really cool. If you ever write a story like that, can I be the first to read itÉ
flakeshake07 chapter 11 . 5/5/2012
Wow! this is amazing! i feel really sorry for lupin tho, it seems like he is barley holding himself up and trying to console everyone else and they are so rude to him! cant wait to see their reactios to his scars! update ASAP! thanks:)
Jolinnn chapter 11 . 4/13/2012
This story is sooooooo GREAT!

I really, really love it and hope desperately for a new chapter.

It is really addicting to read a so well written and beautiful fic and it should be forbidden to stop updating for so long ;)

Jolinnn
Samberlina chapter 11 . 3/12/2012
Yeah, so I was totally getting into this story, went to click onto the next chapter and loudly squawked out 'WOT!'

You made me a sad panda. y u not update?
Ravnur chapter 11 . 12/25/2011
I know you left this story long time ago, but yeah... It's sad, I think, because this one was really original. A Harry who loses his memory, and then calls himself James. I loved the plot! Sirius seemed pretty insane, but I kind of get it. He has always been a rash person, and it got him in Azkaban. And now is Harry back, but he doesn't remember them, so I can understand Sirius being insane about it. I like the writing, like it is rushed and confusing, but like it's real.

For some reason I've alerted the story, though I must have been around nine, when you updated last time. But well... I can always hope :)
KitsuneDango chapter 11 . 12/22/2011
you r such a great writer. even if the characters aren't your own the story you produced is very fascinating.

if i were to pick this up as a book at the store i think i would buy it.

you made the characters have such great emotions it really collided with my own feelings. i even cried a really great and i hope you create more i will look forward to it. oh and if you ever publish something hook me up i would love to read a book buy you even though this is the only story i read from you.
ThoseDreamsOfMine chapter 11 . 12/18/2011
I LOVELOVELOVE this story. PLEASE continue. :D
IAmMe chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
Can you see yourself in this? Is this fine? I actually added a lot to it, so I hope it is fine. Again, my friend, ILoveBooks538, is always there, and will always respond.

How does a person go about defining the good and evil? Those two words are ideas which thousands of varying interpretations are linked. Every individual person and every individual society has a completely different view of what is right, and what is wrong. As we often judge those two separate concepts through laws put in place by a certain and specific ruling power, good and evil, no matter how unfair in the eyes of others, is often defined as such:

Good is what corresponds to the laws put in place by society. Evil is what casts off from society’s laws.

We are often and continuously taught that murder is wrong, that racism is wrong, that to marry another while still married is wrong, that fascism, slander, and thievery is wrong. It is beat into our heads so many times that those ideas are simply natural truths, not to be questioned. But these perceptions come to each and every one of us through rules in which other people force upon us, not from our own being.

Which parts of our beliefs are truly instincts, the type God wanted us to know, and which are the teachings of other men? According to theory, of course, humans are born with little to not preset ideals or thoughts; that most beliefs come to us through external teachings, rather than internal, however, is debatable. Most people forget that thousands and thousands of years ago, the things people viewed as wrong are supremely different than what we believe today. We are taught the differences, of course, but, depending on the teacher, we either do not grasp the enormity of it, or the person speaking is telling us over and over that technology was not as advanced, that humans were not as advanced.

What some might view as evil, others might view as good, and vice versa. People rebel all the time, and while the people rebelling view this as good, the people they are rebelling against might view this as evil. The murder of a human being that has been kind to a group of people, but nasty to another group, might be viewed as evil and good. In this sense, it is not wise to label a person as good, because each person is capable of both great good and great evil. It is what we choose that makes the difference.

Which begs the question, do we—as a society—have the true right to label any being as good or evil? What right to we have to look at a person, to judge them by the rules fixed upon us by civilization, and punish him as we see fit, when he has simply abandoned what other people do? Perhaps he was just acting on his own beliefs, beliefs that are independent from the whole, beliefs that other people might find appalling.

Who are we to do this? To throw people in prison, to lock them up? To take away their life in the form of death penalty? To ridicule, and make fun of, a person based on their choices? To ridicule someone based on their parentage or ancestry? To hate a person based on rumors, when we ourselves do not know the whole story? Who are we to do that to our own kind, no matter what choices they make?

We should not have that right. It should not have been given to us. It has not been given to us. We should withdraw ourselves, and perhaps others, from the confines of the civilization we are trapped within, and live our life on only the basics, the things we know are right, because it is not up to us to decide another’s destiny.

We should focus on the main essential of our being, and other beings in this world: survival. In this, any law or restriction, the things that have been forced upon us without our approval, should be stripped bare from our life, so that nothing remains, not even in memory. We are our own person. We can do anything. The fact that we think, act, speak, build, and destroy, is purely secondary to the knowledge that we are living beings, that we exist as a physical being. In this sense, nothing is essentially good, and nothing is essentially evil. There is only the foundation of existence, of life.

How we live life is only a small aspect to how we live, no matter what we choose to do with the life that has befallen us. Existence comes before essence. The things that are solid in this world are this: People are born to live. They live to die. As to how we act, as to how we choose to act, is a an utterly separate issue, for it is no one’s business what you do, unless, of course, you choose to disclose the information. A man’s crimes, a man’s achievements face in the comparison to the face that he eats, breathes, laughs, cries, loves, hates, lives, dies.

There is nothing good or evil, and we do not have any right to label anyone or anything as such, for there is only existence of life.
IAmMe chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
I'd be honored to use the beginning for a project I must do. I shall not, of course, take it and turn it in, but I shall change the words, you understand, and add words of my own. If you object this, please send it to my friend, ILoveBooks538, and he/she shall tell me if it is acceptable to use it.

Now, on to my commentry. This is an astounding story. I love the whole detail of it, and the descriptions are spot on. It is amazing, and I can't sum it up any better than that, because that is the whole truth of it. Don't listen to critics; you'll never find a story where it meets the needs of every human on Earth. It is simply impossible, as I'm sure you understand. But this story...I love it. I hope you know this.
ILoveBooks538 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
If I could, I'd like to borrow that first part for my story for school. I dunno if you made that up or not, but either way: it's beautiful, and it fits into my story perfectly. I'd love to include it in a place that I feel it was made for. It was a beautiful beginning, by the way. Simply amazing. I can't wait to read the waste.
learningtowrite1996 chapter 11 . 10/24/2011
Soooooo, this story is dead. Right? Its been years since you updated. Crap. I'm kinda in frikking love with it :(

Continue... please?
learningtowrite1996 chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
Dude! I flipping love this story!
1,882 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »