Reviews for Harry Potter and the Alteran Legacy
MerlinGodricRowenaHelga chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
great story update soon
HellsMaji chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
I re-read the previous chapters thinking this might be an update. How sad. Although the diagon alley part almost made me stop reading it.. Utterly ridiculous that you have Harry take some random little girl he hasn't even known five minutes to see his SPACE ship, and to explain everything about Alterans and aliens and crap? Hardly believable even in fanfiction. Ah well.
Wulffe chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
Good story crossover so far ..

No Hedwig? .. sniffle .. ;-}

The only guess I can think of for a girl would be Cassandra ..

:-}
ThomasNealy chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
Him taking her with him after just meeting her is not realistic at all. for all he knew she would blab every thing or try to take over. I could see him including her after maybe a few months but after a few moments not really. Also the whole Hermione gets chased and them trying to vanish her is unlikely as well. She might get insulted but no one would try to hurt her in the open like that, at least no till the war starts back up.
ElDani chapter 3 . 1/15/2013
Have to agree with you about the second chapter. The two main problems I see with the story/last chapter are a) that Harry is way too trusting and b) that there are too many coincidences and weird scenes in such a short time.

I really liked the scene at Gringotts, as Harry kept emptying his bag of small gold bars and the goblin's eyes popped out at the sight. But some things don't make all that much sense about it:

x) How would Harry know, that the currency in the magical world was based on the gold standard? Just like anyone else coming from the muggle/non-magical world, he should have been familiar with paper money and other payment methods (credit card, debit card, cheque, bank transfer, etc) and know, that you can't just walk into any bank and exchange gold for the local currency.

x) Still, accepting that at face value, it doesn't make any sense for Harry to keep paying shopkeepers with gold bars, when he did go to all the trouble of exchanging them for the real currency earlier. If it's for shock value alone, then give the creepy old man at the wand shop a hefty tip or something.

Talking about Ollivander's, there's another coincidence. I wasn't too keen about the naquadah wand-core at first and now, after some more introspection, there are some thoughts and questions I'd like to pose to you:

x) As far as I am aware, "naquadah" is the Goa'uld name for the metal, so why wouldn't Harry learn what the Ancients called the element (they did after all build the Stargate/astria porta with it)? I know, this goes beyond canon, but it's one detail that has always bugged me in other stories being told from a non-Goa'uld point of view.

x) Are you sure that the element would not have been native to Earth at some earlier point in time? I wouldn't think it unlikely, that all our natural naquadah resources had been depleted when it had been mined during the period of Goa'uld rule on Earth. Thousands of years ago, they posed as Gods, with Ra as the supreme ruler of his race. This was, after all, their latest modus operandi. The Goa'uld were doing exactly that during the TV show: they conquer a planet, oppress the local population, use them as slaves to mine precious metals for them and then they abandon the planet once it has become useless.

x) In the end, I can live with Harry's special wand-core, but I very much hope, that there is some thought behind it all. Why go to the trouble of writing about a wand that contains such a rare component, when nothing ever happens beyond that?

While it's a neat idea to include Hermione in the whole story very early - she would be an almost perfect candidate to take beyond the limited knowledge of the magical world, before she can be indoctrinated by wizards - I have some problems with what happened. The way you wrote it, I felt like I was clobbered over the head from behind.

x) You wrote about some young muggle-born girl who happens to be called Hermione Granger, but she has little in common with the girl from the books. You don't need to make your Hermione into a caricature of herself by exaggerating her most prominent features, but I am concerned that you'd portray her in the exact opposite way as in the books.

x) Why is Harry so (stupidly) trusting her? He not only shows her his "magic" ship which he built (or rather constructed) himself, he even takes her to his own lair with Myrddin's hologram in attendance. I agree, that something like this should happen sooner rather than later and ideally before they both leave for Hogwarts, but it's happening way too early.

x) Here's are some alternative ideas: what if they bond over something, like Harry buying so many books or the fact that they're both muggle-raised? They keep meeting and become fast friends, until one day Hermione notices that something is off. Maybe Harry is just reading all those books way too fast for her liking and she grows suspicious, or maybe Hermione is exposed to some technological gizmo Harry carries with him? There are plenty of ways someone can design and write the big reveal and doing a better and more satisfying job.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO HERMIONE OF A FUCKING WHORE AND I HATE HER AND SHE SHOULD BE KILLED AND DESTROYED! BEFORE SHE WAS EVEN BORN
GinaStar chapter 3 . 1/14/2013
Love it so far! very interesting!
RebelDroideka chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
Please tell me you didn't abandon the story.
Shannon Dee chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
Looks like it could be a fun story if you decide to continue it.
sillypaulie chapter 2 . 5/17/2012
this is a really neat story. I wouldn't have thought to do a sg1 cross over like this.
thunder18 chapter 2 . 3/16/2012
enjoyed reading this chapter
thunder18 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
enjoyed reading this chapter
bobcox26 chapter 2 . 1/28/2012
intersting and orginal I like it. I bet cassie, more please
Cocoa Girl2 chapter 2 . 10/27/2011
When will you update this story? Why was Hermione at Diagon Alley by herself? Why did she not have a magical person with her and how was she expected to go home by herself? Will Hermione be getting the Alteran knowledge downloaded too? Pity is can't be H/Hr/Luna.

Any chance you can make Luna part Nox? Please continue this story.
belle hawk chapter 2 . 8/29/2011
You started very Goodyear but the second chapter is not goodyear. Frankly who would give their most important Secret to someone they have just met? Just make them friends and fix it and it will be great.
68 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »