Reviews for Puella Magi Homura Magica
shadowmon chapter 56 . 1/11
Anychance of an update soon?
Jarik Tentsu chapter 56 . 12/20/2014
Thought this fic was fantastic, and recommended it on the DarkLordPotter forums in the Library section. Really hope you decide to continue, as this fic is a fantastic piece of work - not just in the PMMM section, but amongst all fanfiction I've read. Here's the review I posted on the board:

"The PMMM fandom is generally swamped with nothing more than yuri smut which barely even qualify as guilty pleasures. Had pretty much given up on the fandom until I came across this. Puella Magi Homura Magica isn't just good PMMM fan fiction, it's a fantastic piece of fiction outright.

Ignoring the third movie, Rebellion, and Puella Magi Homura Magica starts where we were left off at the conclusion of the series. Homura is living in the world Madoka created fighting the 'demons' with Mami and Kyouko. What quickly becomes obvious is that despite the lack of Witches, Magical Girls seem no more happier. With extremely high death rates and the need for demon hunting grounds to provide Remnants for them to keep their Soul Gems pure, magical girl society has evolved into something highly feudal and territorial in nature. Everyone prioritizes their friends and crew, and ruthlessly put down any who threaten that and there's this mindset of "conquer or be conquered". Occasional alliances are formed to take down the bigger threats, but with everyone watching their back the whole time.

But don't expect a dry, SB-style fic with more focus on exploring the world, society, powers and battle tactics like To the Stars. This fic takes full advantage of its setting through its characters. There are a wealth of characters from these various groups that the fic explores in depth through lots and lots of interactions. Each character is three dimensional, unique and interesting. Most manage to be likable and despicable at the same time, full of both qualities and flaws to the point you really don't know who you're rooting for.

What really started to stand out to me in this fic was how much it reminded me of Worm. The setting, many of the characters, many of the situations and plot devices are just so similar.

At over 300,000 words, it is a lengthy fic, but gives you the feeling that it was well planned out. There are a lot of clues and little things you're introduced to early on that don't really get explained until later. The bulk of the fic is character interaction and dialogue. Despite the fact it may seem slow just based on a words to events basis, pacing really feels perfect and I can't really say I ever felt bored. All the dialogue does a fantastic job of building up to a fight, or giving you more insights into the various characters. The fights were pretty decent too, though again were very much focused on interaction.

I'll note that despite the fact the fic categorizes itself as a "romance" with a Homura/Kyoko pairing, I'd say it barely plays a major part at all. You get a handful of scenes throughout the fic which really pale in impact and depth in comparison to their relationships with other friends and enemies. There are a few other bits of romance you see between other characters, but again, are just used to add to character building more than anything else.

Spoiler (highlight to show):
I'm amazed at how well the scene in Madoka's heaven came together. I kind of expected something like that would happen, and was really worried it'd just be cheesy and wreck everything. But it worked perfectly. After watching these people all slaughter each other, you have this complete contrast in atmosphere, before getting back to the slaughter. Madoka herself was characterized perfectly too down to how sympathetic she seemed to be with Koharu, the girl who's entire plan revolves around ruining Homura's life by killing everyone she cares about.

Speaking of Kahoru, what a character. An amazing antagonist, and one who really makes the fic. Everything from seeing how her elaborate plans and manipulations come together, her debates with the various other characters on her ideals, her likable and fun demeanor she keeps even with her enemies and all the way to her awkward romance with Akio absolutely stand out in this fic.
End Spoiler

The only thing that really sucks about this fic is when you get to Chapter 56, realize there's no more and given it hasn't been updated in 2 years, probably won't be. To be fair, while the story was still interesting at that point, I'm not really sure how it could end in a way that was suitably climatic and epic for the build up it was receiving. Still, I'm still in that horrible state of mind where all you feel is regret and frustration over the story's abandonment.

5/5. Highly recommend this. Not just as the only decent PMMM fic, but as one of the better fics I've read. And that's despite the fact it'll probably never be completed - it's lengthy enough for you to still enjoy. "
shadowmon chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
excellent stroy any chance of it being updated soon dying to know what happens next
Chri chapter 56 . 8/29/2014
Hello,

I watched the Madoka movies (kinda late) and still wanted more. Unluckily, I picked your story as the first Madoka fanfiction I'd read. Now, I've finished it, and I feel like I've already read the best of the bunch. It really was exceptional.

Foremost, I'd like to commend your incredibly witty and on-point dialogue. The whole story isn't just action, it's interaction. I really liked the way you were switching between physical and verbal conflicts, especially in the first half of the story. It really felt like a continuation of the original series. It just was so INTERSTING reading about all those discussions and conflicts of interest.

Next, I really liked your characters. Kahoru is an incredible villain, and I'm really worried what would happen if she were to ascend to godhood. My personal guess is that at first, she'd keep her promises - she's the smartest girl in the world, she's gonna fix everything (Ideocracy). Then she'd go too far. And then she'd get bored, and start with her favorite hobby again - messing with people.

Madoka was very passive through her human life, and I think that's why she could deal with being a god. I can't imagine Kahoru being able to just sitting up there and watch.

However, I'm not even sure if it would work out how Kahoru's planning, because I think she might be heavily underestimating her sister. It's hard to foresee, but I'm not convinced that Yurino would use her wish in the way Kahoru's planning, when it really counts. Especially now that she's gotten a taste of being active, on the center stage.

Ritsuko's like the tragic heroine of the series. She's crazy strong, and she isn't stupid either, but because she's so conceited and lonely on her summit, she ends up dancing to Kahoru's tune most of the time. Even with Hitomi on her side, she hasn't (yet?) been able to break that habit.

I also want to applaud you on how you treated the canon characters. They're very in character, sometimes painfully so. Especially Homura, who's stubbornly trying to solve things with the least amount of help, and often fails at convincing the people around her. She also still doesn't seem to get that the battle will be won by whoever can pull more people to their side. At the moment, she's failing quite miserably, despite having such an incredibly useful ally as Mami. Someone direct, honest and positive as Mami should be beyond value in pulling people to her side, but Homura just ignores her. Instead, Homura's concentrating on winning the fight physically, even betting on a 5% chance of Kyouko regaining her magic.

I think I should have written some reviews while I was reading, because this still feels short, considering how many interesting and diverse characters you actually placed in this story.

Next, my only try at constructive criticism instead of rabid praise. :) I personally liked the flow of action and plot more in the Demon-Prince-Arc, and here's why. The action and the dialogue flowed really well, constantly mingling with each other. I think you tried a bit too hard creating an extremly epic fight at Kahoru's temple. Not that it was bad, but it didn't leave enough space for the genius conversations. At least, that's how it was for me. Then, you needed a few chapters up in heaven to catch up, because so much had piled up. I think a shorter battle would have done just as fine, without the drawbacks.

I really like that in the lastest arc, the balance between fights and dialogue has become much better again. I don't know how it was for everyone else, but that's how I'm feeling.

*sigh* I do realize that the chances of you picking up this story again are probably slim. Actually, I'm preparing to watch some of the other series you've written stories for, because I feel like I should read the rest of your work, before asking you to continue this. So, keep writing whatever you feel motivated for.

Nevertheless, I'd very much appreciate if this were to be continued. :) If there is anything I can help out with, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

Finally, thank you very much for this story. It was an epic read, both quantity- and quality-wise. One of the very best fanfictions I've ever read.

My hat is off to you
Chris
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 56 . 8/15/2014
Update soon. When I started reading this SUPER LONG story, you had 56 chapters. Now I have finished and you still have 56. Please let me know if you have abandoned this story, and if reading this has been a complete waste of time, reading a story without an end.
flairina chapter 56 . 6/22/2014
Nothing I could say would express how amazing I think this is. The characterization is excellent, your OCs are interesting, and the plot points are so good that the Rebellion Story used half of them. The only issue I have is that almost every line of dialogue is only "said", but that's a minor nitpick compared to everything else you've got here. Excellent work, sad to see it's pretty dead.
TheBleachDoctor chapter 56 . 5/28/2014
This was an amazing endeavor you undertook... And abandoned. I guess Rebellion screwed that up?

Seems to me, though, that the Karma would really be building up around Mami and Kyouko, since Homura only resets if they die.

Also, that karma Madoka got built up over a decade...
Sgt. Mehoff chapter 56 . 5/11/2014
I love how this started off. The first 20 or so chapters or so were amazing. But then the focus of the story shifted from the main cast to a bunch of O.C.'s I had no reason to care about. Then the time travel resets happened and it was kinda too late to jump ship. Though, I'll admit it's probably my fault. I've always preferred a character driven plot as opposed to a conflict driven plot.
Selryam chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
This is like one of those long-running shonen action series that starts out really well but then drags on forever and gets progressively more convoluted and less meaningful. There's a lot of things I liked, mainly fights and most of the character interactions. But it really does feel silly. Time travel resets always make the fighting less meaningful. I'd like to have known where all of this ended up at, but it was a fun ride anyway.
Master D chapter 40 . 2/8/2014
Wow... Koharu really is a really cruel mastermind. Really the though of a real villian, pushing Homura to her limit like that. She really is a great charecter. They should relase a new season and use tje plot of this fic. Hope you find the way back one day man.
See ya.
Anonymous chapter 46 . 12/30/2013
KyoukoxHomura 3 I would have never thought ..
Guest chapter 56 . 12/13/2013
Please Lestaki-sama ! Keep going with this fic ! Is so great ! Update soon !
paracuties chapter 56 . 10/28/2013
WHAT. WHAT. WHAT IS THIS ENDING.

You. I don't even. This is such a crazy fanfic, but a pretty amazing one too. Dialogue's dry at times, but I've still stuck through FIFTY SIX chapters, haven't I? It means something.

WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET HOMURA'S SIDE WIN ALREADY. And I don't understand why Ritsuko (the one with the negation power, I'm pretty that's her name but...) won't just defeat Kahoru. Why is she so adamant on ignoring Kahoru's side, but fighting Homura? Ridiculous. And Hitomi's sort of strange. And Madoka seems slightly OOC.

But you know, it's all your perception. What I really don't understand is why you discontinued this fic. It's awesome, and you wrote 56 chapters of it, and it's got a lot of reviews and followers and favorites, and...you just stopped. Why.

Please, please update! I'd really like to see that happen. Keep writing!
StormFarron185 chapter 56 . 10/5/2013
When I found this story I was discouraged by chapter number and word count. I didn't know whether I wanted to commit to reading the whole thing. I am now so glad I chose the read this. I've done almost nothing for the last 3 days but your fic. It had me in a fricken trance.

This story has me cry...a lot. I shed so many tears while reading this, this truly an amazing story. However there are some things that bother me, one being that this story is beginning to lack a direction. It seems like your trying to drag it out. Regardless, I see it's been over a year, It would be nice to finally get an ending to this great story. I really enjoy Homura's relationship with Kyouko. I understand if Life is getting in the way of writing,(it's a pain in the ass). at least could you tell us if you've given up or just ran out of ideas to move the plot forward?

Please update if possible. This deserves an ending.
C chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Great start. Have you tried placing this story on tv tropes? It's a very intense story.