Reviews for SpiderMan: Evolution
Guest chapter 18 . 12/24/2014
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername
Um, are you ever going to update again?
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 11 . 12/23/2014
Lol Norman called England a third world country.
You just intentionally indirectly insulted your country.
Who you don't seem to like.
But meh.
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 7 . 12/23/2014
Yeah, this is really good, but you really have to check your spelling.
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 4 . 12/23/2014
"More like a fanfiction based on a comic book, if you ask me."-Tolensky
Woah, did Tolensky just break the fourth wall? Well done Tolensky, well done.
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 2 . 12/22/2014
Ghonna?
genesicgaogaigarvsgodgundam chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
awesome
Agent Brad Hall chapter 4 . 6/15/2014
My God, how do you do this? Even when you don't plan things out, it's amazing.
rawrxsushii chapter 9 . 6/9/2014
This taskmaster cracks me up.
He's slowly becoming one of my fave mercs.
rawrxsushii chapter 4 . 6/7/2014
Okay I was wrong. Silverman apparently is Kingpin. Gosh I feel stupid. Or it might be tombstone but damn Im confused. Whoopededoo
rawrxsushii chapter 3 . 6/7/2014
EDDIE! WE GONNA GET A VENOM! OR MAYBE A SYMBIOTE SPIDEY! AHAHAHAHAHAYEY!

Silverman got one word. Tombstone. Huck yes.
rawrxsushii chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I like how your stories a dash of every spiderman out there. I havent ventured on the Spectacular Spiderman but hey, Parker's Parker and Spidey's Spidey. I love how you inserted that portion on how Peter looks like in this fic like, "The kid looks like Tobey Maguire but with a bigger head- You mean Neil Patrick Harris. No something like Andrew Garfield" smart and I loved it.

I was going to ask when Gwen comes in because I loved her in the ultimateverse, she looks pretty, badass and not dead :D MJ too I can see her as her ultimateverse version nerdy and yet rocker chic getup.
TheMetalGearZero chapter 3 . 6/6/2014
CHAPTER 2:
So I finally got a chance to re-read the story... And it's damn great. I think I'll be the first to admit your writing has improved A TON nowadays, but this was still great.
I love how you portrayed Parker's transition from a nice guy into a jerk. It felt really natural, and not at one point did I feel it was forced.
Second, your dialogue is really fun to read, and so are your characters. Everyone plays a role and no one outshines another.
Third, I like your decision to go all 'tragic villain' with Scorpion. I am always one for tragic villains. It gives us a reason to sympathise with them. Heck I think every villain should be tragic in their own way.
Great chapter!
Angel of Atonement chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I've never read an "alternate take of Spider-Man right from the beginning" fanfic before, but your's is now one of my favourite stories period. Each chapter made me feel like I was watching an episode of a new great Spider-Man cartoon(Oh how I miss Spectacular) and I adore the distinct style and methods you've chosen for this version.

You've got great writing, funny dialogue, distinct action, real emotions, interesting characters all around, and you are actually portraying the effects of Spider-Sense correctly. That might seem like an odd thing to mention but it was a big deal for me personally. Spider-Sense is my favourite power of Peter's and I haven't felt like it has been shown off to its fullest in the shows and movies yet, just glimpses of it. Heck, I just read a "Superior Spider-Man" comic for the first time and Octavius was complaining about it being uselessly non-specific about danger. I practically yelled at the comic for that.

Bottom line though, I loved this to death while reading it and I really, REALLY needed a good Spidey "something" since the comics and the new "Ultimate Spider-Man" show aren't really clicking for me, so I'm very glad I found this. Also, thanks for making it so episodic so that I don't feel too bad about finding it before it is finished. You've made a Web-Head fan's day.

Keep up the good work, whatever you happen to be putting that work into these days.
Tiger Lover 16 SPARE ACCOUNT chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
Hi again. Didn't get to finish this yesterday, but I got around to it today. This was another really fun chapter. I agree full on with your decision to give Toad a backstory with this chapter rather than focus on introducing another Spidey villain, It does a great job of tying this story into the rest of the Evolution universe and you wrote him quite well. I'll be honest, Toad's never been one of my favourites, but I enjoyed his use here a lot. The banter was one of the highlights of the chapter, along with the subplot of Harry and Flash competing for Liz's affections, only for them to screw up in the end. I enjoy silly but fun little stories like that. And of course we can't forget the Bugle staff, your portrayal of Jameson is pretty good. Honestly, I'm surprised he'd actually give Peter that much for those photos, but hey, despite being the biggest jerk in the comics he does have his integrity, and I think you got that across. It'll be fun to see more on the Daily Bugle storyline in later chapters, Peter's photography career there has always been one of my favourite things about Spiderman. Silvermane as the first arc villain is a nice touch too. He's never been one of my favourites either, but there's no point breaking out a bigger Spidey villain like Goblin or the Kingpin this early into the story. I don't see why you're disappointed with this chapter, it was pretty funny and good. Spelling mistakes abound of course, but not as bad as a lot of stories. Well, here's to the next chapter, good job
Tiger Lover 16 SPARE ACCOUNT chapter 3 . 12/14/2013
Well, finally got around to finally reviewing. I've been reading up on a couple of your "Evolution" stories, and I must say I'm quickly becoming a fan of your work. I decided to start reading proper here because Spiderman is my all time favourite superhero, and this is one of the better Spiderman revamp stories I've seen. It has a few bumps, a bunch of spelling errors, left out letters, or just odd way of phrasing things in some places can be slightly distracting, and I kinda wish Scorpion got a bit more development along the line, his attack on Spiderman just seems to come too suddenly and could have used a bit more set-up, but these minor details didn't really detract from the quality of the writing. I'm enjoying your depictions of the characters thus far, and you've got a great sense of humour. For a story meant to be set in the X-men Evolution universe you're doing a great job of giving it a cartoony feel, I was never a big fan of X-men Evolution (Just never got into it, though I'm watching a few episodes lately), but from what I can tell the tone matches fairly well. Of course there's plenty you can get away with here that you can't do in a cartoon, the reasonably high death count for an origin arc (Was it 50 people that died from those spider bites?) being an example. The action scenes were pretty good, and I like all the little shout outs you gave in these three chapters. makes me eager to see where things go from here. I'll definitely keep on reading until the end, I'll add this story to my favourites on my other account when I can. Not sure what you're writing at the moment, but I hope this gets an update sometime soon. you know, for the sake of having more to read. I like really long chapters too by the way, you should read some of my stories, I really go overboard with the word count. Ok, I'll leave another review soon, first I'm going to review your Justice League story since I read that too. Have a nice day