Reviews for Hate on Me
sarlovesoccer chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Loved it!
xhuizini chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
I really like the story, for once Mike had his moment... It was really IC all throughout...

made it humorous but a little touching as well... (_)
PlotterFTW chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
That was funny and the right about of heart at the end. Impeccable.

Puck giving the frog to Lauren as a present priceless.

I love the way you write Mike. He doesn't get enough love.
Obscure Stranger chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
A big thumbs up. I loved it. :)
strawberryfinn chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I thought this was beautiful. Poor Mike for going through all that suffering, but you characterized Sue perfectly. Great job!
lovelynoise chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I loved it! The world needs more Mike Chang :D
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I really enjoyed it, you fleshed out Mike and were able to keep Sue's personality perfectly on key. For a first foray into the fandom, you were wonderfully IC. :)
Ms. Perception chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Even though I felt horrible for the poor dancing Asian (love that they still call him that) I just wanted to hug Sue. Nice touch with the apology. It was perfect. Awesome story.
Rogue Ranger chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
A frog named Leonard! That's a nice little touch there, though I wonder if anyone else will know it's the same name as the frong from Any Moment.

The first time I read this story, I knew nothing about Glee except that it's a show with a lot of musical numbers, but i guess I should have anticipated that you, being such a fan of musicals, would like it. So, that being said, I had a different sort of take on this. I really liked the character of Mike, despite constantly wanting him to do something about the maniacal Sue person. I was really confused how she kept her position at the school with her blatant behavior. It really built up my sympathy for Mike. The little references with the pranks were funny, especially calling glitter the herpes of craft materials. Definitely been there... I was really surprised when it was finally mentioned that Sue's sister died and I was less mad at her, but I still wasn't sympathetic. I just thought of Mike as a very tolerant and understanding guy. Overall, I thought the story was a good exploration of Mike and his reactions to things and it was enough to make me watch the episode "Funeral" so that I could get more of a sense of Mike and the show.

After I watched the episode, I re-read the story and, I must say, my perspective on it changed a lot. I was much more impressed that you made Mike seem like the main character when I see him maybe once in the episode. I didn't really relate to any of the main characters from the episode, which made your story more likable than the show. However, I think watching the episode actually made me understand Sue more and the funeral made me actually feel sympathy for her this time through. It also made her giving Mike the stuffed mouse (which now I know is the only thing she kept of Jean's stuff), much more meaningful. As strange as it sounds, the story is sweeter and more emotional after watching the episode. I see how things are worked in there and it really makes me want to see the show more from Mike's perspective instead of the others. I wonder if reading the story first biased me or if the main characters really aren't as interesting as Mike. Hmmm.

Well, anyway, you've managed to write a story that is enjoyable even to someone who knows nothing of the show it's based on, so that's definitely something! And, yay, I encouraged you to do so!
Mathais chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Very good, I think you've got both Mike and Sue down flat. It was hilarious all the way throughout. The only sticking point for me is the pipe bomb; this might've been too far for Sue, because that could've gotten Mike arrested I think. Other than that, I enjoyed the byplay, the escalation, and especially the ending.
colormebright chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
This was a really great story, I loved how you were able to catch both Mike's and Sue's personalities so well
Crystal-Fey chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
This. was really good. very creative and lighthearted, I loved reading it. :)
qwpoijd chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
How cute was that? Very good for a first fic, though there were some spelling errors I noticed since I'm a total grammar nazi.