Reviews for A Face in the Water
Lillyindy chapter 9 . 5/11
Awesome story Definitely a could of been an episode Please finish! Thank you for writing!
LuckyLadybug chapter 9 . 5/7
It's so good to see this story moving again! I love the little narrative bit at the beginning, and ha, Gorpley sitting next to Tony and blabbing stuff is priceless! Tony gets all awesome and protective. ::hugs him!:: And I wish all the more that you could try season 1 of Mannix sometime. Lew Wickersham is a lot like Tony (and Mannix a lot like Kolchak, in some ways).

Oh dear, Carl. What a disaster! I look forward to the squee that must inevitably follow. Hurry, Tony!
bluedragon1836 chapter 8 . 9/9/2014
Are you going to finish this story? I'd really like to read the rest of it.
Hoganfan chapter 8 . 2/2/2013
Very well-written. i look forward to how you'll end this.
LuckyLadybug chapter 8 . 4/3/2012
I'm still not fully sure what I think of crossing these gaming fandoms with Kolchak (particularly Pokemon, since with its titular creatures it seems to me to be very much in an alternate version of Earth rather than our own), but I do like the idea of a Giovanni-type character interacting with Kolchak. I pictured Ted Lewis's voice for the character throughout the chapter and it was very enjoyable.

How intriguing! I like the backstory offered and how Giovanni even tried himself to break the curse. And him matching wits with Kolchak is amusing. Yes, of course he would notice the tape.

And I love the little monologue at the beginning, where Kolchak talks about Tony. That was a great touch. I'm glad Kolchak notices that Tony isn't pleased.
LuckyLadybug chapter 7 . 11/18/2011
Ah, so you didn't do the bathtub thing, I see. Although it probably would have been more difficult to find a bathtub. What you did is likely more realistic for the situation. Poor Kolchak! I hope he does write that expose. Rausch is a disgrace to good cops everywhere!

Tony coming in and recognizing what was happening is epic. I love him chewing out Rausch. That's probably my favorite bit here.

I like the conversation between him and Kolchak too. And that Kolchak admits he's undecided. I wonder if Tony wonders why Kolchak is undecided, or if he's still feeling somewhat hurt and doesn't even really process that yet.

And they're kind of working on part of the mystery together for the moment! Yay!

Oh, and Tony inadvertently revealing the link between the disappearances perfect. That's my other favorite bit here.
Sumbudy chapter 6 . 11/4/2011
It's been awhile since I've watched the two made for TV movies with Kolchak, but I liked them a lot. And this story seems to nail the characterization as I know it right on the head. I'm really digging the mystery of the mermaids and the instruments of the sirens, but the inclusion of the "B" story of the job offer and how it effects his relationship with Tony is nicely done as well.

Great job, can't wait to read the next chapter!
SpunSilk chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
"That's where the story is, isn't it?" Perfect line! So true to the character.

I'm really enjoying the story. It just keeps getting better and better.
SpunSilk chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
Nice interplay between Carl and Ron!

Carl's soul-searching on this decision is priceless.
SpunSilk chapter 2 . 10/24/2011
Well written, with good voice.

Love the job offer angle!
LuckyLadybug chapter 6 . 10/23/2011
Well, I couldn't resist getting to this now, after all.

Poor Kolchak! At least Gorpley gave him a lead this time, but now he's in a worse mess. Rausch is definitely a disturbing fellow.

I love the Little Mermaid reference. LOL.

I think Tony's scene is my favorite. I like seeing what's going through his mind and how he figures out what's going on. And seeing Miss Emily is always a treat.

Poor Tony, feeling hurt and betrayed! I like that he ends up deciding that maybe Kolchak is just trying to soften the blow.
Dan Sickles chapter 5 . 9/15/2011
Great story, especially because everything is so perfectly in character. Even the rhythm of Kolchak's narrative feels like it came directly from the show. Can't wait for the next chapter!
LuckyLadybug chapter 5 . 8/29/2011
LOL. There's lots of classic goings-on here. This might be my favorite chapter yet, now focusing more on what Kolchak has, positively, at the INS rather than what he doesn't have.

Tony's complaint about the earworm is too amusing and so like him. And the idea of him reviewing all the new eateries in town is awesome and hilarious and too cute. I can definitely picture it!

I like what you did with the antique shop owner. I wasn't expecting that sort of person at all. Awesome. And her scene with Kolchak is very interesting indeed.

I love how Kolchak unconsciously starts listing something positive about Tony without knowing that's what he's doing and then suddenly remembers about dinner. And Tony waiting to eat until Kolchak comes is sweet.

Tony seems weary tonight, not even in the mood to argue over siren-mermaids. Poor Tony.

So Kolchak almost spilled the beans. And now he's got Tony suspicious and going to investigate. I'm anxious to see what happens concerning that angle!
LuckyLadybug chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
Oh, the song is really good and really eerie! It has an antiquated feel to it.

It's frightening to think of Kolchak falling so far into their trap. You did an excellent job of displaying his feelings and behavior as he slips under their spell. Maybe once he realizes what was actually happening, he'll be grateful for Gorpley's interruption.

Poor Tony. I love the weary way he finally just pleads for Kolchak to come back. And the interesting way you compare and contrast him and Wainwright continues.
Bits And Pieces chapter 4 . 8/16/2011
Wow, that was a close one for Carl! Even though Gorpley annoys him, it's a good thing he came back when he did. I thought the lyrics were excellent - very haunting. Too bad Carl can't remember his brief encounter with the face in the water. Of course Rausch had to show up; although I'm not sure if I'd consider his timing bad. I had to laugh at Carl's comment to Rausch about taking Gorpley in...too funny!

So, it seems Carl is still undecided about the job offer, although it has to be very tempting. I'm interested to see what choice he makes, as well as looking forward to seeing what happens next!