Reviews for Lifted
Jade Dagger chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
I really like what youve done with the Janeway/Paris pairing (...that sounds funny :\), and Paris' character. I'm curious, does this fit in the same universe as 'Mention That I Miss' during Tom's time in the alternate universe, or did you just make them another new one?
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
It will come as no surprise to anyone that I am very much enjoying the depiction of a Tom Paris slowly growing into the role of a commanding officer (but also the painful loosening of the "mentor/protege" strings that Kathryn may be having trouble with as she allows him that growth).

Then why is it that the one image that will stay with me from this Chapter is that of a "surprisingly lightfooted" Mike Ayala, dancing on the Captain's desk ...? ;-)
Queen Selene I chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
Interesting!

Can't wait to see how Tom will grow. I can only imagine the arguments they had when Tom refused to go on without her. xD
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
I like the ending _ Very funny
adda edwards chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
To see Tom working through all the changes in his life and on the ship are nice. He's relaxing into his new job and position. He is maturing yet still has that sarcastic side to him that I love.

I also really like that you didn't skip over "New Earth" but just adapted it to your story.

Fabulous chapter!
A Quarter Past chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
I do so enjoy your AU tales. Even if it is heartbreaking to see Tuvok being removed from the storyline (funny that a Vulcan warms my heart more than Chakotay). I can't wait to see how Tom grows under the new responsibilities!
badmelk chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Wow things would have been a lot different if tuvok and chakotay died so early in their journey. i'm interested to see how you handle other situations that come up. great story so far :)
Runawaymetaphor chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
GimmeABeat: Thanks for the catch. I did some fiddling with hours of Tom's work, and forget to change the 07:00. Thanks for catching the typo. ;-)

And no, it's not evil of you. Or at the very least... you have a sympathizer in me. Sometimes I find Chakotay out and out irksome. Sometimes I just find him boring. Either way, I'm so glad Janeway set 'parameters' on New Earth. Blech.
CanonAntithesis chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Great start to, yet another, great J/P story. I don't know how you do it.

Is it evil of me to admit that I'm much more upset about the death of Tuvok than I am about Chakotay's?

BTW, don't know if you care, but when you were talking about time when they were in the mess hall at 0200 hours (2am). Tom said he had dinner at 07:00 (that's how you wrote it - I assume you meant 0700). 0700 is 7am. 7pm would be 1900 hours... a small point, but thought you might want to know.
Twiki99 chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Good beginning I can see how Tom is having a problem with his new position. I'm looking forward to future chapters.
archteri chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Interesting premise. Can people change their perception? I think it's harder to get others to move you out of your designated slot than to get yourself to change. Especially when you are replacing beloved coworkers. I'm looking forward to seeing how Tom adjusts and reacts to the new position and working with his crewmates.

Thanks for sharing.

T.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
The first thing that comes with command is the loss of easy friendships. Confidence? That comes much later. Sometimes, the friendships come back then. I am looking forward to where you are taking Tom and Kathryn this time.
adda edwards chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Interesting twist. I'm looking foward to see where you take it.
American Fantasy chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
So good must know what happens next!
KB chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
LOVE this. Tom trying, 'rising' to the occasion, but it not quite being enough yet. I only hope you track this through the whole cannon. Or maybe even after?

And very tricky reference to "The Chain" in here, too. Not at all surprising that you manage to take same line to different emotional place. Very cool.
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3