Reviews for Your Other Family
FullMentalPanic chapter 3 . 3/5/2014
Silver had three legs? Huh, well he is an alien; props for driving that home and detailing the differences in his physiology. You do a great job incorporating his cybernetic side into his threats, actions, and just everything he does while not making him any less human, so to speak. Slang and accents can be hard to get across with the written word, but you do a good job with how you render Silver-speak and I can 'hear' his voice pretty well. Excellent job with the dynamic between Jim and Silver and the quasi-father-son thing they have going on, you wonderfully portrayed their interaction and their dialogue seemed realistic. Good moment where Jim asks Silver not to call him James.
FullMentalPanic chapter 2 . 3/5/2014
Really liked the details about Preed picking at the plate in head btw, it's really realistic. Great tension, and foreshadowing and character moment, where Korso is trying to keep from hitting Jim back. I've always wanted to see a face-off betwixt Silver and Jim's father, so I was thrilled that element made it's way into the tale. All around, fantastic characterization. The tension and history portrayed between Sarah and Korso/Joseph is wonderful in every detail Korso goes over as he sees things he used to know and stuff he's missed out on. Great moment where he remembers how he used to be the one who could just talk to her with his eyes and now he can't understand her that way. Preed with all his snarky genteelity, lethal intent, and sometimes apparent sincerity is a joy to behold. I just adored the part where he says he can see the resemblance after Jim stalks up the stairs. I'll admit, there's a large part of me that does want to see Sarah and Korso get back together as I'm a big fan of the "til death do you part" aspect of marriage. I'm also enjoying how royally enraged everyone, and Jim especially, is over his return though.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
You have a very good grasp on the snide commentary Preed likes to keep going, though I do think Korso would be a little more controlled in his interaction with him. It could just show how stressed he is about where he's going though. So, Korso as Jim's dad, I can really see that, and I really enjoyed that punch to the face.
ChocoChipBiscuit chapter 5 . 12/28/2013
Wow. I just watched both movies and never even thought about the possibility of them being set in the same universe, but this fits together REALLY WELL. I also enjoy how you voiced even the normally unlikable characters to give them redeeming qualities, and loved the father/son bonding with Silver & Jimbo.
Rain of the Forest chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
WHAT! PREED! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!
Rain of the Forest chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
The part where they were talking about Cale... they made it sound like Cale is Jim's HALF BROTHER... that he's SARAH'S child...
Evani chapter 5 . 3/9/2013
awww but i wanna read more, i like it, thouhthinking about them doing THAT is just *shudders* ugh... nightmare fuel. welll this is reallly good, cant wait to see the next chapter :)
Alluring Alliteration chapter 5 . 12/4/2012
Oh my god. I sincerely hope that you haven't abandoned this story, because it's incredible. Korso and Jim's reunion is perfect, Sarah is much better about the whole thing than can be expected of any person, and the thought of Cale being Jim's brother is just so intriguing... Two human boys with maps, finding things that no one else can... Sarah Hawkins must have some damn fine DNA.
Ashes2Ashes121 chapter 5 . 11/29/2012
This is truly a kick-ass story so far. I very curious as to why it seems to have been abandoned. If its because of personal reasons or if real-life stuff got in the way, then I completely understand. It's just, it's a shame for something so awesome to just be left on a cliffhanger like this for so long. If more of this ever gets posted, I will most definitely be reading it. It's really a shame that there's not many great fics for either of these series, and it was an awesome idea to create a plausible crossover for them, which starts tying up a few things in Treasure Panet that left most audience members unsatisfied right away. Again, com not trying to be one of those annoying people who thinks that authors live online and have nothing to do but churn out epic chapters at the reader's whim. I realize that real life keeps you busy and that a great deal of hard work goes into writing this. However, I am kind of begging you to PLEASE post more of this story if it is at all possible. It's an awesome story, and I think it deserves to be finished.
irezel chapter 5 . 10/15/2012
you. leave. it. there? you evil person. D8
Kikino chapter 5 . 7/26/2012
I knew it'd be a mistake reading an incomplete fanfiction. It's a fantastic read. I absolutely adored it from paragraph one. You have a wonderful talent in writing these characters, especially Silver in my opinion. Again, a fantastic fic. I really wish you'd continue. Especially since you say there's just one more chapter to go. I really hope you can post it soon. If not soon, at least post it some time in the future. But just don't ruin that talent you have.

Kikino
angelrock444 chapter 5 . 6/14/2012
This fic is truly amazing. I love how you meshed the two worlds together. I'm only disappointed that there isn't more...
surxi25 chapter 5 . 1/17/2012
Wow. Everything about this story is great. The way you blended the two universes, the characterization, even the plot, were all amazing. Hope you update soon! Good work.
QueenyLeAcH chapter 5 . 1/13/2012
This story is freaking epic!
Swashbucklist chapter 5 . 1/5/2012
One more chapter? Guess I'll stick around. I really like how you blended these two movies together, both the families and the storylines. To be honest, this isn't really my favorite kind of fanfic, but it's been enjoyable so far. Besides, Preed is always a fun character to read (and no doubt to write).