Reviews for Elyon
Adiaphoron chapter 18 . 5/5/2017
You've done a breathtaking job! I can't even find the words to describe how much you just GET it. You've written something wonderful, and I'll recommend it to anyone who asks! Spectacular work.
to-Melanie chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
I just wanted to let you know that this series has made me completely reevaluate the way I think about God. That's pretty impressive, considering that I've never watched Invader Zim, and I never would have read this fic except that my sister recommended it. She's never watched it either. The concept about which you wrote is simple. Some might call it simplistic. But it has impacted me already, and I wonder how many more have read it and carried it with them. Thank you for writing this. I am at a point where I am struggling to understand my faith and what it means to me. In that case, "simple" was just what I needed.
chrissymama chapter 18 . 8/29/2016
Please continue this series!
Sideos chapter 18 . 5/3/2016
To be honest I think that was a fitting end for the series, or at least this bit in the series unless you wanna continue it. The theme is hope and redemption, so what better ending to have than one of hope and redemption for Red and the empire in total?
It also shows that the struggle however is still real. That evil will always be in the background controlling people while good is always going to be there opposing it.
Still this was a super fun read and, let's face it, way better than the usual Christian fiction you get on this website. It felt far more believable than just the usual 'oh suddenly converted' stuff. Red and Zim both questioned things, built their own interpretations and came to their own conclusions.
I know you've got other things to work on so I won't demand another story but yeah, it's totes fun and you should be proud of dis fing rite here yo.
Sideos chapter 14 . 5/2/2016
You know this is an odd thing to say right after that awesome chapter but here it is.
This story is, so far, missing a Judas.
I mean seeing Red's struggle to finally accept Eylon and allow the blood to wash his sins away was a great read and all the chapters up until now really built up his chaotic struggle for acceptance and to have him finally done his faith-armour was awesome.
But my thought still stands.
So far the struggle here has been between the literal angels and Demons but there's not been much to show the struggle of the irken mortals other than Krissirks being killed and Red's internal and external struggle.
Having that grey-area Judas (perhaps Purple) at Red's side would have been a nice touch I think. Especially if he turns Elyon over and he STILL forgives him.

Anyways reading on.
Sideos chapter 13 . 5/2/2016
Okay so I had to comment that I like how you didn't outright make the black eye'd irken the straight up devil. I also get the feeling that maybe Ayam/Elyon isn't outright God either. I feel like Elyon is more like Jesus in the fact that as he's taken a 'mortal' form he's more in tune to mortal feelings, reactions, experiences etc.
But of course that could cause a whole theological thing that I'm sure you don't want me getting into.

Either way I'm enjoying Red's desert trials here, along with Dantie as his soldier/protector buddy. Dantie being there actually helps keep things a little grounded as its good to have another 'normal' person there other than Red.

Anyway reading on. ALSO HASTAG SOUL CRUSHING.
Sideos chapter 9 . 5/1/2016
Okay so I had to leave a comment about Dantie and the personality you gave him. Totally approve. He seems the type to be caught as a Krissirk because he walked I to work one day and was like 'HEY GUYS LISTEN TO THIS AWESOME THING I FOUND' and just refused to apologise.
He fights for his right to party yo.

Also enjoyed seeing the demon tormenting Red finally. Red's struggle is so great to read because it's so believable and not just insta-convert like others have done in the past. The struggle is part of the belief system!

Anyway reading on woop.
whovianfangirl chapter 18 . 8/2/2015
Gosh I am in tears aGAIN

I hope Pur sees the truth too I was really hoping he would get set free.

Also I have a question, like what would Elyon's Irken name be? Like the human is called Jesus but what about the Irken?
RKB chapter 18 . 3/9/2015
What a wonderful follow up to your first story. A shame that this is the end, as I feel that there is still a great amount of story left to be told (perhaps with a few more characters brought in from the show, like Tak for instance) but I respect the fact that you feel this to be the natural conclusion. Thank you for putting so much time and thought into this story and its predecessor. I feel it really paid off.
ArtofthePlate chapter 14 . 3/2/2015
What an amazing chapter! I admire you for being able to combine Christian doctrine and Invader Zim so well.
"I Am beyond time..." That part really got to me. Great work!
xXyumpancakesXx chapter 18 . 2/24/2015
It is just as good as your first story! I love it to pieces. The Tallests are my 2nd favorite characters, so when I saw you had made a sequel, I was so happy! You are able to make such impact with such short chapters. I don't know how you do it.

Keep writing.
grandvizier527 chapter 18 . 12/21/2014
Loved this! A great sequel to Ayam, and perfect for me to have stumbled upon (and finding that you've finished it) it around Christmastime-although I'm kind of late in seeing it as it unfolds. I'm just glad you finished it.

This really reminds me of how I want to write my own Christian fiction. I just hope I'm not ripping anybody like C.S. Lewis or whatever off :P

Seriously, though, this was great. This story got to emphasize redemption from sin-and given what Red's done-both in this story and in the Resilience saga, which isn't technically canon to this, but still-he's a perfect career to redeem!

I'm considering showing this to a friend of mine to see what she thinks. The only problem is she's never heard of Invader Zim, and she would probably be appalled by it. I know she'd love this, though, and she loves finding Christian themes in fiction of all sorts. Sound like a good idea?
grandvizier527 chapter 15 . 12/21/2014
St. Zim...has a nice ring to it! :D
grandvizier527 chapter 14 . 12/21/2014
There is no condemnation :')
grandvizier527 chapter 12 . 12/21/2014
Oh, don't worry about getting theology wrong! You did great here! Honestly, I feel like this FANFIC would actually be a great evangelizing tool. Better than mine ;)