Reviews for Burgers, Rum, and Tea
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Great one-shot. :) I always viewed Death's Reapers as his kids. To me I know he won't admit it.
Neumzie chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
i really liked this. great job!
SummerMistedDragon chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
wow! This is awesome!
LastBishop chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
OH THIS WAS BRILLIANT!
sylar1610 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
You stole my idea. Chuck/God and Death discussing things over a meal. That's my idea. Look it up. It's called "A Meal Between Two Old Friends"
Alhana-Antilles chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I loved this story. The characterizations were spot on with both Death & God bringing an appropriate amount of humor. I especially liked this part:

Chuck flashed Death a cheeky smirk. "But then you'll never know the joys of parenthood."

"I'll pass. Dealing with you is far childish enough. You're far too whimsical. For starters, you pose as one of your own prophets, going far enough to sear his name into the grace of all of your angels."

Chuck shrugged. "It gets boring. You should try it sometimes. I imagine you must be really bored having spent millenniums in that hole."

"No thanks to you. But millenniums are a relatively short amount of time." Death took another sip of his rum-laced tea. "Your parenting skills are awful."

"Not if I decreed it's not."

"Even you aren't that conceited."

Chuck gave a low chuckle and grabbed his bottle of rum and like Death, poured a finger into his tea. He added another cube of sugar to top it off. "Why that almost sounds like a compliment."
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
I'm always refreshed to see something as bluntly creative here. You portrayed both characters perfectly, in a very amusing situation. Thanks for sharing!
TheYmp chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
I love Death - oops, did I really just say that? - and, having tried to write him a couple of times myself now, I have to admit to feeling just a little bit jealous of quite how well you've done ;) - actually, IMHO you perfectly captured both characters.

You also obviously put a lot of thought into this for their motivation too.

All in all I found this a fascinating and totally absorbing read, thank you!
TheThiefsDaughter chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
It's interesting, I figured that the fact that everbody told him to stop was a sign too (seeing as God - as you write - doesn't just point you in the right direction, it's called free will for a reason), loved the way the conversation went and love tea (but drinking it black saves you from the rules)

Anywho, to sum up my ramblings, loved your story, indeedy