Reviews for Crossing the Line
Anon E. Moose chapter 7 . 3/20
I think there is some text missing here:
"He would wait for the politics to blow over or for one of them to"
To what?
CajunBear73 chapter 10 . 2/15
Good tale. Time and life give both introspection needed to become the people they were to be.

CajunBear73 chapter 9 . 2/15
So much they had to go through to get to this point. Much better it is for them...

Astrid, in experiencing courting as she found it, found that 'Vikings' aren't necessarily best for her.

Hiccup, traveled as he had and is starting to become the man she needs and the Chief Berk will have.

CajunBear73 chapter 8 . 2/15
Yeah, rough rollercoaster of a chapter...some highs, some lows, but a good base building between them.

Plans and announcements...

CajunBear73 chapter 7 . 2/15
Both pining for the other, each grew to where they could join together as circumstances in Berk 'demanded'...They have a starting point...

But Cami's right in her request of Hiccup, for all she's done for him to bring him to better footing with Astrid. His intended will be hurt from secrets such as these, but she should know Hiccup does right by those he cares about.

CajunBear73 chapter 6 . 2/15
Astrid seemed to have experienced an aspect of the loving 'Viking relationship' she seems to have accepted for her to live...Kind of like training for battle, ain't it? Quite restrictive is the life unfolding before her should she continue down this path...of 'love'.

Cami's mental and emotional forays while Hiccup and she 'play' in the Mead Hall brings to light the playful experiences that the non-Viking and his wild Bog of a Best Friend have partaken with each other. Like deer running through an expansive field, they explore, away from tribal expectations and eyes, what they could not have done otherwise amongst them.

In her heated musings, she nails what went wrong between Hiccup and Astrid and what could be done should they try again...Hiccup the non-Viking and Astrid the Viking of little sympathy, need to learn how to meld to the other once either learns to learn about the other...

But for now, she trains, hones and molds Hiccup as she advises him to venture to his former Valkyrie-goddess, and start anew.

CajunBear73 chapter 5 . 2/15
A tribal ritual, designed to strike a form of love from the equation of life as a Bog, almost snuffed out what made her Camicazi. Fearing she'd only know what was thrust upon her, she runs to the one person she knows who can give back most of what was taken from her that night.

She wanted at least one memory, forbidden as it is for the Bog, of what it means to love and be loved.

Hiccup, once he gathered the reasons for her desperation, could do nothing more than give his best friend all she needed to heal her heart. Though she's got a little more 'experience' at this (and not by much), together they will teach each other what was missing in their lives. Up to this point.

Mysts of Time chapter 10 . 8/26/2016
...you made hiccup a wimp that throws away his best friend for an Astrid that's barely even likeable... I don't know what to think
irat chapter 10 . 1/6/2016
I quite like your story, I think you brought some depth in the story and showed that maybe it would not have been happily ever after directly after. Loved the idea with a network which hiccup is building up!
Guest chapter 10 . 10/1/2015
I just read this again, probably for the 10th time. It is still a very good read. Thank you.
Shelby Marsh chapter 9 . 3/29/2015
A little awkward... But cute!
mordreek chapter 10 . 2/22/2015
When you impregnate a warrior woman, you loose all rights upon labor, including the one to not have a uterus...apparently. Hiccup is a smart man to know to just agree to everything, it's not patronizing, it's not humoring...it's bloody survival.

This was a great story, serious without being maudlin, wise but not pretentious, and filled with love and warmth between 2 people who loved and treasured each other enough to never give up. Thank you.
mordreek chapter 9 . 2/22/2015
This was adorable, in all it's tender, awkward, and hesitant glory. Good on Hiccup for keeping things from being too...personal, with the exception of the Elder. She kept cracking me up, "You're young, I shouldn't HAVE to be chivying you along in this -_- )
mordreek chapter 8 . 2/22/2015
Yes, this was a great follow up to the last chapter. Hiccup doesn't waste time, owns up and (let's be honest) does more than a little bit of groveling. (I'm telling you, these Viking males NEED to get their hands on fudge. It is THE bribe for doing something male and stupid.)

Astrid had every reason to be upset and Hiccup showed good sense in giving her some time, but not too much, not letting things between them congeal and fester. He had to show her that SHE was who mattered, as close as he and Cami were, Astrid has to know she is the one he will trust and turn to. The marriage would be a sham otherwise.

Cami also knew this would happen when she went to Hiccup. All things have a price, and what she asked of Hiccup will cost her dearly. They will no longer be able to be close, there isn't any way around that. To keep a piece of him, to have the heir she needs, she must sacrifice the rest of him and anything they had.

I love this story the more I read it. This is the love story I was jonesing for after Hitchups. Not as romantic as some I love, but real and passionate for all of that. And that is often more important.
mordreek chapter 7 . 2/22/2015
I know the real reason Stoic is doing this. This isn't about heirs, or settling down, or even about growing up. Stoic is getting payback, pure and simple, for all the headaches, frustrations, and sheer "wtf" moments Hiccup gave him. Plus a healthy does of him wanting to plunk them in a room and yelling through the door, "Work it out and give me grandkids."

Glad to see them actually communicating, getting stuff out in the open. The time apart did them good, gave them basis for comparison...and appreciation. Also helps they finally started meeting each other halfway now.

The bit with Camicazi I don't like but I understand it. To all things there is a price, and the sacrifices Camicazi (and for her tribe's culture, they were sacrifices) deserve equal return. Still going to be a mess in the end.