Reviews for Crossing the Line
Shelby Marsh chapter 9 . 3/29
A little awkward... But cute!
mordreek chapter 10 . 2/22
When you impregnate a warrior woman, you loose all rights upon labor, including the one to not have a uterus...apparently. Hiccup is a smart man to know to just agree to everything, it's not patronizing, it's not humoring...it's bloody survival.

This was a great story, serious without being maudlin, wise but not pretentious, and filled with love and warmth between 2 people who loved and treasured each other enough to never give up. Thank you.
mordreek chapter 9 . 2/22
This was adorable, in all it's tender, awkward, and hesitant glory. Good on Hiccup for keeping things from being too...personal, with the exception of the Elder. She kept cracking me up, "You're young, I shouldn't HAVE to be chivying you along in this -_- )
mordreek chapter 8 . 2/22
Yes, this was a great follow up to the last chapter. Hiccup doesn't waste time, owns up and (let's be honest) does more than a little bit of groveling. (I'm telling you, these Viking males NEED to get their hands on fudge. It is THE bribe for doing something male and stupid.)

Astrid had every reason to be upset and Hiccup showed good sense in giving her some time, but not too much, not letting things between them congeal and fester. He had to show her that SHE was who mattered, as close as he and Cami were, Astrid has to know she is the one he will trust and turn to. The marriage would be a sham otherwise.

Cami also knew this would happen when she went to Hiccup. All things have a price, and what she asked of Hiccup will cost her dearly. They will no longer be able to be close, there isn't any way around that. To keep a piece of him, to have the heir she needs, she must sacrifice the rest of him and anything they had.

I love this story the more I read it. This is the love story I was jonesing for after Hitchups. Not as romantic as some I love, but real and passionate for all of that. And that is often more important.
mordreek chapter 7 . 2/22
I know the real reason Stoic is doing this. This isn't about heirs, or settling down, or even about growing up. Stoic is getting payback, pure and simple, for all the headaches, frustrations, and sheer "wtf" moments Hiccup gave him. Plus a healthy does of him wanting to plunk them in a room and yelling through the door, "Work it out and give me grandkids."

Glad to see them actually communicating, getting stuff out in the open. The time apart did them good, gave them basis for comparison...and appreciation. Also helps they finally started meeting each other halfway now.

The bit with Camicazi I don't like but I understand it. To all things there is a price, and the sacrifices Camicazi (and for her tribe's culture, they were sacrifices) deserve equal return. Still going to be a mess in the end.
mordreek chapter 6 . 2/22
First, I just want to say that you pretty much confirmed everything I said about Astrid in the previous reviews in this chapter. She isn't a bad person, but the way she caved for Grund shows just how much importance status quo and appearances mean to her. It makes her vulnerable but not in a good way.

2nd, Camicazi has grown on me more and more (and hiccup too it seems, bow chicka wow wow) in the time I've read this story. She has managed to spot on back up all the points I have made and a few I didn't. She's the only person at the right distance to be both objective and observant to the drama. Also gutsy enough to call it as she sees it.

And finally I have one thing and one thing only left to say: RUFFNUT YOU ARE AWESOME! She sees what's going on and doesn't freak out, doesn't spill the beans, her only reaction is "Can I get in on that" hahahahaha, oh that was beautiful.
mordreek chapter 5 . 2/22
Surprisingly deep, but contextually appropriate. She is, in her own way, trying to keep herself from changing how she sees him and treats him. She was scared and hurt and needed someone she could trust. And if Hiccup hadn't fought, hadn't pushed for what happened, it would have torn them apart just as much as he and Astrid.
mordreek chapter 4 . 2/22
Doing well so far, I like seeing Hiccup take more charge of what he is doing and not giving up. He wasn't playing to his strengths before and it hurt him. Now he is doing what he does best; thinking, talking, introducing new ideas, he is slowly changing things.

The scene with Astrid is a good one if painful, because it clearly illustrates a crucial point about relationships: Just because you separate, doesn't mean you stop caring. We don't get to see Astrid's side of things, but I know for sure she isn't as easy about it as she appears, that she is in her own way hurting as much as he is.
mordreek chapter 3 . 2/22
I really think you are getting the characters right. Hiccup wasn't just running away but that kind of situation he was in is as toxic in its own way as an abusive one. He should have broken it off before the kissing, but he owned up and that says a lot.

Also he didn't just feel sorry for himself, beyond the letter (and that was a decent coping strategy itself), but he started looking for ways to improve what he COULD in the mess he was in.

I like Camicazi here, she is providing support without trying to change, and that's not easy to do. Doesn't hurt that they have more in common as well. I don't blame Astrid in this, but I also don't sympathize with her either. Her odd passivity in regards to how things are done is consistent but it's also her taking the easy way out. "Don't rock the boat" is very different than "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". It'd be one thing if they'd always had dragons and raided together, but they DIDN'T and that means you can't handle it the same way.
mordreek chapter 2 . 2/22
I was right, unfortunately, and hopefully they will find a way back together but who knows at this point. Both are more alike than they would admit, but that is part of the problem, neither is willing to compromise who they are. There has been no sacrifice on either side.
mordreek chapter 1 . 2/22
Yeah that sounds about right to how they would react. They see an improvement to their way of life, Hiccup sees a way to change their way of life. For they care about each other, Hiccup and Astrid are from different cultures almost, it takes a lot to overcome that.
warrof chapter 10 . 2/3
Very good story! Short and sweet!
Iceberry2666 chapter 3 . 1/19