Reviews for Mourn What Can Never Be, Live What Still Can Be
LadyAilith chapter 2 . 10/7/2012
I don't suppose there's any possibility of this story being finished, is there? I'd love to read the rest...

Please?
harrylover101 chapter 3 . 2/24/2012
I really love the way this is going, and I think it is incredibly well written. I look forward to your next post eagerly.

-Alexi Naori
Lidil chapter 3 . 1/16/2012
Can Steve and Danny move through this change?

Or will they break?
IGottaFindYou chapter 3 . 9/25/2011
A light shower had started over O'ahu. The once bright and cloudless skies had filled with light gray clouds that were now unleashing their bounty of replenishing rain over the island. The rain lightly drummed against the bedroom window, the only noise in an otherwise almost deathly silent bedroom.

...Rain and sex always seem to go so well, don't they?:):):P

A soft sigh escaped past Danny's lips as he lay on his side with the white linen bedsheets draped low over his hip and gazed at the sleeping face of his partner, best friend, and as of today, unexpected lover. Though he was sleeping, Steve's countenance was anything but peaceful. Steve's face was pale, and there were dark circles under his eyes that looked more like bruises. He looked haggard and worn out, and the fact that he was sleeping did absolutely nothing to improve his unhealthy appearance.

...He's not gonna wake up and call it a mistake, is he? Cuz that just may ruin it for me...:P

Though he didn't really regret what had happened between him and Steve, Danny did understand that it had not been the best course of action in helping Steve either.

..Well...sex lets out pent-up energy...so you helped that way...:P:P

Naturally who would not feel this way given the situation? However, unlike most others, Steve did not go flying out of bed screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs.

...I hope not...Danny would be pretty offended if you did...:P

Steve knew that this was not out of disgust over the fact that he had somehow ended up sleeping with his very male best friend, in all honesty Steve didn't really have a clear sense of what to feel about that really. No, the reason Steve's stomach was now violent churning and wrenching was all the whiskey he had consumed prior to Danny's arrival.

...Better tell Danny that before he thinks it's the prior...:P:P

Steve let out another soft groan and just stayed where he knelt. Steve was so out of it that he nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a warm, familiar hand gently rest over his hunched shoulder. Steve looked up and found himself staring at the concerned face of his Williams stood over his kneeling partner with one of Steve's bedsheets wrapped firmly around his waist.

...I honestly find that picture amusing, to tell ya the truth...:P:P

" Will it weird you out if we shower together?" He asked, with the barest hint of a challenge in his tone. It was Steve's silent way of masking how nervous and unsure he actually was feeling at the moment.

...You mean Danny's?

Steve blinked for a moment at the question, feeling stunned for only a moment before Danny's tone registered to him. Astonishment quickly fled, replaced with a sort of stubborn determination mixed with a slight eagerness that was completely new to Steve.

" Danny, after everything that's happened between us today, a shower not only doesn't weird me out, it actually sounds almost heavenly." Steve smirked.

" So why don't you lose the skirt?" Steve challenged back.

...I'm confused...:P Who's talking when? Cuz it sounds like Steve's having a one-sided conversation...:P:P:P

...I'm loving this story...:):):)
IGottaFindYou chapter 2 . 9/25/2011
Now Danny was on a familiar road, headed towards a different part of the island. There was a certain best friend who lived in a house by the water who Danny desperately wanted to see.

...Aw, he's going to help...:)

Steve had stayed under the hot spray till his skin was pink and raw. Afterwards he had dried himself off and walked to his bedroom where he laid down flat on his back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Steve had laid there for hours on end, numb and unmoving, until the sun had actually set and night had fallen over Hawaii. It was only after it had been well into the night that Steve had finally forced himself to move and gotten up. For the rest of the weekend Steve had continued to feel this numbness, this dark something that wanted to drag him under and smother him. For the rest of the weekend, Steve was also on edge about whether or not Danny was suddenly going to barge into his house through the door and try to comfort him. Knowing Grace, without a doubt she had probably told her Danno about what Steve had revealed to her.

...'rest of the weekend'? I thought Danny was going to see him the very next day?

I never wanted that thing Steve, it was just screwing up our lives anyway so I did us both a favor!

...Knew it.

Steve's usually tanned face was pale and slightly haggard, there was a bottle of whiskey held loosely in one of his hands that was nearly empty, and there was this cold, hard edge to Steve's eyes that Danny had never seen before as the Navy Seal mutely glared at him.

" Even with that being involved." Added Danny as he gestured to the bottle in Steve's hand.

" Grace told you." Said Steve bluntly before he brought the bottle up to his colorless lips and took another long drought of its dark amber contents.

...Oh poop, there's gonna be a fight...:(

" What am I supposed to do with 'sorry' Danny?" He asked flatly.

...Knew it.

Danny stood in the doorway to the living room and simply stared at Steve for several moments. Tension was radiating off of Steve in palpable waves. Danny knew this for the warning it was, but he would be damned if he let that scare him off.

...It's not gonna scare you off because you LOVE him...!:):):P

" I've been going through it by myself for fifteen years now Danny."

...I thought it had been a decade?

" Well that's not right man." Countered Danny. " It stops now."

...'Atta boy, Danno.:):)

" It's none of your business Danny." Growled Steve.

" Y'see that's were you are dead wrong my friend." Danny said as he met Steve's glare head on. " This became my business the moment you told my eight year old daughter, and she cried her eyes out on your behalf and made me promise to help you fix it."

...So THERE!:P

" Please Steve, just talk to me." Said Danny quietly, almost pleading before he continued. " I'm mean, miscarriages are an unfortunate part of life and-"

Danny never finished his sentence as Steve suddenly started laughing.

...Aw...:(

" So tell me Danny, what the fuck could you possibly say or do that can make any of this alright?" He asked, looking Danny right in the eye with sharp hazel eyes that seemed able to look right into the blond man's soul and sear a hole right through it.

...HUG THE MAN, DANNY!

The strong alcohol Steve had been drinking when Danny had first arrived was starting to take hold of the Navy SEAL, otherwise there was no way that Steve would not have deflected when Danny suddenly rushed forward at him with a surprising amount of speed. The next thing Steve knew it was like a steel trap had clamped down around his neck and shoulders. It took Steve a moment to realize that Danny had his arms around him and was holding him in a near crushing embrace.

...Yay, you listened to me...:):P

" Get off me Danny." Steve hissed as he tried to dislodge Danny's arms from around him.

...Nope.:P

Steve lay there stunned for a moment, but when he caught his breath he looked up into the hard and determined blue eyes of his partner who loomed over him. It only took Steve a few seconds to realize that Danny had somehow swept his legs out from under him and taken him down.

...NICE! I love it when people do that move.:):):P

" Danny wha-Mmph!" Steve began to ask, but his words were abruptly cut off by Danny leaning down and promptly sealing his mouth over Steve's.

" MMMMMPH!" Steve let out a muffled yell of shock and protest. Out of everything Steve thought would happen, not once did it ever enter his mind that his best friend would pin him to the floor on his own living room and then kiss him like a man starved for air.

...Aw...Danny ALREADY loved him...!:):):P

Worse still, Steve felt his body starting to respond to Danny's rough ministrations. The part of Steve that yearned for comfort, that wanted the fiery agony his soul was in to be eased immediately soaked up the comfort, however unexpected, that Danny was willingly giving him.

...Ooh-ooh...the sex is coming...:P:P

Steve continued to struggle and pull away, all the while feeling his resistance crumble under what he had to admit was a mind-blowing sensation.

..He's drunk, but he's in love too...:P:)

After what seemed like a life age of the Earth, Steve finally felt the last vestiges of his resistance shatter into a million pieces. Danny for his part, felt relief and triumph as Steve's entire body seemed to sigh beneath him. Danny was thankful when Steve's painful grip on his shoulder finally eased. It was now that Danny finally forced himself to break away, his lungs burning from the lack of sufficient oxygen.

...WHAT?WHY? He was just getting INTO IT, man!:P:)

Next thing he knew, Danny found himself flat on his back, pinned to the floor with Steve now looming over him. Danny still held Steve's face between his hand, and they were both still breathing hard. Danny looked up at Steve and saw the over-bright sheen to the man's hazel green eyes.

...YEAH, BABY!:):):)

After that, the world outside seemed to fade completely away for the two men laying on the living room floor of a white house by the ocean side. The world faded away for these two men, and there was only the sinking into a deep abyss where pain was temporarily forgotten, and raw passion raged like a wild fire consuming everything in its path.

For these two men, there was only the catharsis of coming together for the first time.

...YEAH, BABY!:):):)
IGottaFindYou chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Steve had only been a little peeved by the sudden baby-sitting duties his partner had strapped him with, but one smile from Grace had Steve forgetting all about that.

...He is kind of a pushover for kids...:P:)

" This is gonna be the best sand castle ever, right Uncle Steve?" Asked Grace as she looked up and grinned at her castle building partner.

..I love it when she calls him "Uncle Steve"...like when he picked her up from school when Danny was in the hospital in 1x21.:):):P

" You know Gracie, a long time ago I was with this girl and we found out one day that we were actually gonna have a baby together." He began.

Steve felt a sharp twinge in his heart as he watched Grace's face light up in wonder.

...Aw...poor Steve...:(

" I never got a chance to see if I could even be a little bit like your Danno."

...Aw...:(

No sooner had Steve uttered these words, he was being tackled into a surprisingly strong hug by a tearful Grace.

...Aw...:):)

" How are you fixing it Uncle Steve?" Asked Grace. " Cause I wanna help."

...So sweet...:):)

" Thank you for saying that Gracie." He said softly. " I'm glad that at least you think so."

" What do you mean Uncle Steve?" Asked Grace.

" Nothing Gracie, forget I said it." Deflected Steve.

...Ah no...his ex got an abortion, didn't she?:(

The man's head fell back to rest on the same pillow as Grace's, and the little girl had an arm loosely wrapped around Steve's neck so that her small hand came to rest on the center of the man's chest, right over the spot where his heart was. They made a perfect picture of bliss, and it had a bright grin slowly spreading across Danny's face.

..It's a good thing her arm wasn't right around his neck, otherwise she'd be choking the poor guy...:P:P

" We were just sitting by the water and I asked him why he wasn't a daddy yet." Said Grace softly.

Danny instantly felt his heart freeze inside his chest while a loud roaring filled his ears as he stared at his tearful daughter.

...There go the warning bells...

Danny just stood there hugging Grace as though his life depended on it, all the while feeling like he was being ripped apart inside as the horrifying tragedy his best friend went through hit him without mercy.

Steve lost his child... His best friend lost his child.

" Uncle Steve never got to be like you Danno, and he really wanted to be." Said Grace against Danny's shoulder. " He told me so."

...So sad...:( It would also make a good emotional scene on the show...

" Are you gonna help Uncle Steve fix his heart too?" Grace asked as she drew back and looked at Danny with large, pleading eyes.

...Well, OF COURSE he is! Cuz McDanno is TRUE LOVE!:):):P
saffi chapter 3 . 8/27/2011
Enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing
LadyAilith chapter 3 . 8/24/2011
*So* good! So powerful...you've done an outstanding job capturing their voices. Please say that there's more? It's just too good to not finish it...
Hawaiifive0fangirl chapter 3 . 8/24/2011
It's so sad that Steve was hurt so very badly. I hope Danno can help him heal.
Sarah1965 chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
This fic came up in a search post on LiveJournal as someone was looking for it. I've really enjoyed the first three chapters, I love Steve and Danny and angsty fics, I really hope you are continuing it?
Mary chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
I like the story very much! Will you be posting more to the story soon so we can see what will happen next with Steve and Danny? I hope so! Can you e-mail me when you will posting more to the story? thank you.
tjsmiles chapter 3 . 6/24/2011
Okay , good it's not suuper awkward any more. ;) this is really cute :)
francis2 chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
I really like how you deal with the confusion and awkwardness of the evening after. I hope you write more.
Seren-TheStar chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
Wow, I think you described their feelings to this unexpected turn of events perfectly. It all seemed very realistic to me. I liked that Danny and Steve woke up at different times so they both had a chance to watch the other sleep, which is very intimate, and think:)

I am so curious where this is going to lead and what their relationship will turn out like. I hope the storm is not gonna be too heavy

Looking forward to an update!

Seren